The Sunspire size of the moon
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
set for the full moon
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

The moon was large and heavy in the night sky. Full dark had just settled as her hike neared its destination. Scavenging had been surprisingly fruitful on her way back towards the Sunspire from a days worth of roving abroad. Hunger watered her lips, but she only sunk her teeth into the dead doe's skin to haul it back up the slopes of their mountain.

Ame continued until she reached a grassy hillside of the mountain. This was so that the moon could be full overhead without trees obscuring the view. She dropped the still-damp, medium-sized doe that she had found at the riverside and tipped her head back to loose a short howl. The dark Rikudou rarely summoned but in generous spirits beneath such a full, commanding moon, she wished to share her find with a pack mate or few for a small rally.

Even when she quieted, she kept her muzzle angled back a while longer to take in the view. She remembered the folklore about a rabbit in the moon, finding now that it was easy to see the "rabbit ears" in the shadows on the moon. Ame chuffed, feeling vaguely humored, to herself.

However, a hungering belly would only keep her patience at bay for a while. She moved to claim the first hunk of meat from her find while wondering what may unfold here, and how the wolves of this still-young pack would join her.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was a shattered broken man, but he fought it hard. He didn't want anyone to see the wounds that the little imp had inflicted on his, lets face it his gentle emotional, passionate heart. He tried to act all tough and bad, but truth was the boy was a pussy cat, a pussy cat wolf with an anger problem. So maybe he wasn't perfect, and clearly the imp felt he wasn't perfect enough and he followed the scent of one pack member that he really liked, that maybe just maybe he could talk too without breaking down, because if he talked to Ferdie or Vienna the boy would sob until his hear continued to shatter and then completely fell apart.

He strode forward as he watched her fighting with a dead doe and he spoke softly Do you need some help Ame? he kept what he could hidden in shadows, so she wouldn't see the weight he had lost in a few days and she wouldn't see the sadness in his blue eyes, but there was a bright moon she'd see it soon enough and he didn't know what to do about it, so he just waited quietly.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

The full moon had her alight, so it felt, anyway. The dried sea-salt stuck in her coat from her time at the beach also contributed to this. It had been so long since she had last appeared like this, so it was a welcome change.

Her tail wavered gently when she smelled Jace first and looked up to see him, cloaked in shadows as he was but unmistakably him. Her attention dropped from the soggy doe briefly. Ah, Jace, she chuffed in greeting, now a tad more mindful of her position in relativity to his.

Come have some, she invited with a gesture of her muzzle, not knowing of his previous woes or his weight loss just yet. The moon, having stolen her focus, kept her perception less on others for now.. that, and Jace was not obvious in his suffering. Scavenging was strangely good today and my travels worthwhile, and the moon is so full.. So to her, it seemed reason enough to enjoy the plentiful times while they had it.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace stared at the moon that was overly large and overly bright today. It was an unusual moon, and it made him want to run and play, or tip his nose back and howl a song to the sky. But his song would be sad and heartbroken, and this moon it needed happiness and gladness or so it seemed too anyway. It was an optimistic moon in his mind and made him want to smile.

He chuckled Hello Ame. he noticed the sea salt in her pelt and briefly remembered the isle wolves and spoke softly the scarred wolf’s message he had been given. I see you’ve been to the beach, I was warned of an isle pack there that didn’t know where their boundaries are, just as a future warning.

Jace chuckled again and strode completely forward, the moon’s bright light catching his obsidian depths and adding an otherworldly glow to it. I’d be glad to have some, thank you. he didn’t know how much he would be able to eat but he would try and eat a few bites of what was offered if he could. He looked up at the moon again yea wonder why it is so full today.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She welcomed Jace's company with ease. He was well-regarded by Ferdie first and had quickly become the same in her eyes. Ame did listen, ears fanning, to his word of seaside wolves. I see. Scents there had changed drastically since I had last been. Granted, it had been a time, she said. I did not encounter any there, at least. Only a loner. Not that she had lingered long or sought out anyone. Ame was not personable enough for such and when she had no business encountering them anyway, she decided it had all been for the best.

The eta was pleased that he would share in some and dipped her muzzle to his thanks; she had hoped that perhaps, others may come to partake in a free, easy meal. Although it was reasonable that several of the pack could be asleep by now. Not her, of course. But whatever she and Jace did not eat, she would cache away for later. Ame wanted to enjoy the plentiful summer just in case winter dawned to be lean times.

I do not know, either. It is.. impressive. I wish I could understand why, she breathed and licked her lips. And not so long after the sun was blacked out in the middle of the day. The skies have been interesting. Amekaze had been thinking a lot about it all lately. It lends a good energy.. Do you feel it too? Ame knew she aimed to be more in tune with the energies than most, being so devoted to it back at home once. However, this moon's pull on all things was mighty.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace enjoyed the femme’s company, he regarded her well since she was respected by Ferdie and Jace respected the way Ferdie thought. And he had found Ame to be a unique and friendly individual on his own anyway as it were. I have never been to the coast, there was a coast near my former home, but I feared if I went near it I would become so homesick it may cripple me. he missed his father and mother enough, granted it was better now that his sister was here, but the missing was still there.

Jace bent his head and tore a chunk from the side of the meal that she had brought for them all. Jace found it difficult to sleep anymore nightmares plagued his mind and when he did wake up the soal eating, crushing heartbreak almost unmanned him everyday. yes it is not troubling to me, it does not have an ominous feel to it. It is different surely though, but not a bad different just different. I know you want to be naturalist, so tell me Ame what do you think is happening and why?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ame rumbled a low note of understanding with a quick nod of her head. Homesickness was something she had dealt with herself for a long time and she could see why he would wish to avoid it, if he were able. I try to visit now and then, but I had not gone all the way to the beach since before joining the Creek.. she explained. Ame had wanted to go with Ferdie, which she still intended to do one day if matters ever died down enough around the packlands for him to comfortably spend time away, but evidently the pull of the high tides had lured her there by herself. Just to see it..

While I was there, the tides were exceptionally high. Higher than I had ever seen before. I feel that it was the moon.. I could see no other explanation, she mentioned. As observant as she sought to be, certain answers would always evade her just because of how unfathomable some aspects of the world could be. Yet an impressive full moon bringing impressive tides made too much sense to not be linked somehow. She settled on that conclusion and intended to stick to it.

He seemed to feel similarly about it, though. She did not find an ominous feel to it either. Different. On that, she agreed. I wish that I could understand why, but like you, I do not sense an omen in them either. The sun's black out was the most unsettling, from a naturalist's standpoint, but it came and went without issue. Perhaps whatever disturbed it was settled soon after. She shrugged wolfishly. Jace made her more talkative than usual.

But this moon... in myth they are honored by times of plenty, although not usually until the autumn months, which it was a little soon for that. Or, was winter intending to come early this year? This realization quieted her a beat. Which although being somewhat early for the fall, maybe it is just symbolic of the decent hunting lately? However, just as the moon wanes, good times are sure to do the same. This time her frown did manifest briefly. Nature is saying something. I just do not know exactly what yet. But I am listening she thought inwardly.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace smiled at her I should venture that way some day, simply to see it. I hear that it is awe inspiring. Jace preferred to go on such adventures on his own, so as to not trouble anyone else and also to not cause anyone harm, if something were to happen he would rather just protect himself than have to worry about someone else, but he did not say no to company either.

Jace listened and shook his head I have never seen such a high tide. It must have been extremely wonderful to see. The moon does those things? Does it control the water? The moon has it's own power that is for sure I have felt it myself.

Jace listened to he and spoke softly if you think Winter is coming early we should listen to you. you seem much more intune than most with the weather patterns. It might come last winter was a bad one, perhaps this one will be too. he frowned would they survive up here the mountain was self sufficient yes, but come winter did those animals leave or stay?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

It is, truly. I would be willing to accompany you, if you ever felt the need, she smirked. Although, it was probably best for one of them to remain to tend the boundaries. She wouldn't pass an opportunity to see the sea, though, and their pack was growing full of capable wolves so that it did not always need someone like her here at all times as well.

I have been told it is the moon, by someone, once... although I could see how some may not believe it. The sea shifts and so does the moon. I know there is some sort of connection between them, her brows furrowed in thought. The tide's strength are different depending on the moon's phase, so it would make sense to me. When I was a loner, and had nothing better to do than scavenge the beaches all day, I watched the tides closely.. she explained. Many hours had been wasted trekking up and down those shorelines. Even when the scavenging had been poor, she had at least observed her scenery in depth in pursuit of a greater understanding.

Her ears fanned back when Jace spoke of listening to her and she sighed softly as her eyes trailed the fallen deer again. She was not entirely confident in her guesses yet though but appreciated his willingness to listen to her, even despite it. Mhm, it is still too early to tell for sure and I am... still learning. But it is worth being prepared for, just in case.. she murmured.

While she was unquestionably close to the nature of the weather, she felt she could still be better. These were subjects prone to much change and she could only experience so much at a time. This will at least be my second autumn in the region here, so I can.. compare. Last year, I could not know what to expect and the weather here is very different from what I grew up in, she provided with a soft chuff. She understood why her mother's knowledge always seemed so vast; with as many years to her name, she had such a vast store of observations and knowledge. Amekaze wondered, if perhaps, she may assume a role similiar to that of her mother's one day and if that might occur here. Picking up the naturalist title in full would be one step towards something similiar, at the very least.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I’m so sorry this is so late of a reply I was gone for a week on absence and am just now starting ot get back into the swing of things with all my charries.
Jace chuckled I will take you with me then. Perhaps you could teach me something I do not know. There were many others to tend the borders for them, if they were to go on a jaunt. He briefly wondered though if it would make Ferdie jealous. As he seemed to guard the femmes a little bit crazily until he chose one, which did not sit well with Jace as it were anyway. He believed in love and only love to take a mate, not just for children or who was the best leader.

Jace listened quietly and spoke softly I didn’t know that, but it would make sense that all things are work together in some way. He thought hard back to the times when he had had lived at home with his parents. Had the tide done the same thing there, he frowned trying to remember, but unfortunately he couldn’t.

Jace dipped his head, I got here towards spring, so I have yet to weather any cold weather here, but I will seek you out if I find it different than my home of that I can assure you. the weather felt strange to him as well, he wondered if the feeling was something he needed to work on.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
s'all good! i knew you were away P: plus i've been working a lot lately and not replying too much and then feeling down about rl stuff so *fart noises at life's bs*

Perhaps, she replied coolly with a growing smirk. I am still learning, too.. So maybe she would learn something new in his company. Her attachment to the sea may have grown more distant lately, mostly due to her lack of immediate proximity to it, but she still planned to learn more until she was no longer able. And, she believed she had plenty of time for that.

Anyway, she nodded slowly. She believed everything was connected in some way. Some relationships were more obvious than others, of course, but she set out to understand this to the best of her ability whereas nature was concerned. It was not always easy. Ah, it will be helpful to hear your thoughts on it as well. I was here for last winter.. but my homeland was more inland, and since the coast impacts the climate significantly, there were great differences from what I had grown up in. Far less humidity, less rain, chillier winters, just to name a few. Then again, she had not lived all that long there either and only heard of it through her mother and father especially, who had grown up there. Her mother had come from even further away originally.

I was learning as I went. And still am, of course. This year will be interesting.. I will have something to compare it to, she said, now that she had been in the same place long enough. How did hunting fare in your homeland, come the winter months? she asked suddenly. Last year, matters had turned lean towards the end of the winter but had a decent enough start. Since his birthplace was coastal, she was curious if it paralleled to here at all, or if he could comment very much on it.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
yea life tends to hit you where it counts

Jace listened but kept his voice quiet, having nothing of substance to add to the conversation anymore. All his natural knowledge was used up in the first half of the conversation. Yes the weather tends to be a bit warmer near the coast, but the wind can be chilling. he remembered that much from living at his former home. The weather had been warmer than here, but the wind had been cold.

He frowned in thought as he thought of an answer. There were deer near the lands and there were always fish, so i suppose we did fine, and the climate was a bit warmer there anyway. He shook his shoulders and stood gently and looked at the femme in front of him. Stepping forward he took a small bite of the deer she had in front of her, content now to eat and be silent.