Northstar Vale The path you've laid out
29 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Odi for reference! Anyone with Liri is welcome!

He had deliberated over it for a few weeks, mulling over the meeting with the intriguing Ms. Blackfoot under the glimmering starlight where he felt so close to Odin. She had been so close to giving herself over to Odin's call but her ties to the group she lead had been stronger. He had come to the conclusion that he would have to get close to all of them, learn what use they would have to Odin that would make them good vikings. 

So he had wandered until he caught her scent, travelling the mountains far and wide before he found what he thought to be her home. He called for @Liri and then nosily sniffed at the borders, determining all the different scents around the woman of interest's.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
not sure who exactly is here yet but tagging all involved members for visibility @Ruenna @Sorin @Cry (for Siqsa) @Sindri @Lace @Ketzia (for Meadow) @Derg @Xynien (for Keen)

Several days and nights had gone since her meeting with the Norse leader and yet, his words lingered to whisper temptations in her ears. Liri walked the forest with new sight, feeling the magick that Vangard's faith had revealed to her for the first time. His gods were alive, their voices calling from the winds that tumbled down the stone walls and stirred amongst the limbs of the trees. 

Her duties tethered her to the Vale but her hopes surged with newfound strength within her tentative heart. 

When the call echoed through the shelter of her forests, the healer's head raised from the promising scent trail of a badger.
 Her ears pricked as the deep baritones, etched in masculinity, graced their pale shells. 

Feeling that she somehow knew the voice that beckoned, the fae was quick to turn on her three paws and lope to the boundaries of their claim. 

A wide grin broke across her features freely as he came into view. Some part of her feared the Viking - with his alluring ways and the spark of connection fostered between them - might not answer the call placed to him, might not rise to challenge the Blackfoot had brought forth under the stars in the mountains. 

"You came," she murmured joyfully by way of greeting, equal parts relieved and excited - as evidenced by the exuberant sway of her pale plume.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin was once again in the forests of the Vale when he heard the strangers call. However, this howl was different than before; it was not meant to merely announce a new presence, it was a summoning, a summoning for Liri. He turned curiously in the direction of the call, his ears perked and his expression containing both interest and mild concern.

Sorin had not spent a great deal of time with Liri as of late, he had been rather busy exploring the Vale, trying to map out every inch. He knew of the necessity in being intimately familiar with his new home was, especially considering the potential rivals just over the eastern wall of the Vale. As such, he had been buried deep in the forests, twisting his way through them, and regaining his ability to seemingly melt into their shadows, almost becoming one with the darkness cast by the trees. Such an ability had served him well, and the warrior had no intention of letting himself slip up.

He appeared on the scene in much the same manner, his body welded into the shadows as he approached the two. Liri had already arrived, and it seemed this new man posed no threat given her reaction. Her tail was beating rather joyfully, and although he could not see her face, Sorin just knew she was smiling widely. Having ascertained that she was in no immediate danger, Sorin appraised the newcomer.

His coat was a mix of dark shades of grey, with the darkest being along his chest. His eyes were startlingly bi-colored, one a vivid gold, the other a piercing blue. Although Sorin had not been able to truly lock eyes and search the strangers soul, he knew immediately that this new man was graced with wisdom, for his eyes seemed to gleam with knowledge and experience.

The shadow felt a strange dropping in his stomach as he saw the enthusiasm with which Liri greeted the man, but he quickly dispelled the notion. Instead, he exited the shadows in a wraithlike fashion, making himself visible. The trick of seeming to appear from the shadows was one of his best weapons, though there was no malicious intent in this exit, only a hope to impress.

"Liri," he said briefly, nodding his head and shooting the soon to be alpha a small grin. He then turned to the newcomer, locking eyes, though not in any challenging way. Instead, he simply confirmed what he had suspected already, this stranger was wise and experienced in the world, one worthy of respect, and one whom Sorin would at least give more initial trust than most.

"Hello," he said, his voice and expression not giving away any of his thoughts on the man.
29 Posts
Ooc —
As soon as she came into view he paused, standing proud and beaming at her as she ran up to him, tail waving. She looked so happy to see him and he acknowledged and shared this joy, eyes sparkling as his own tail wagged behind him. "heil og sæl, Liri. Our discussion and your words wouldn't leave my mind. After much pondering I have decided to follow you" his voice was rich and exuberant with warmth, as if he was a man at war proclaiming he could go home. 

It was then that he saw someone breach the shadows, a man who greeted Liri first and then gazed deeply into his eyes. Vangard raised his chin and looked at the boy with the same intense look he had first fixated on Liri. "heill og siell sir" he said, greeting him with the more familiar term of a brother. This boy already held a viking soul, otherwise how else would he know to show such respect and power by gazing into the eyes? "Liri is a friend of mine, a student of sorts. She invited me and my companion here to stay" he explained to the boy, so he would feel included.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her grin grew wider at the Viking's words, having guessed already that he sought the Vale pack out to investigate her claim further but still beyond ecstatic that he had actually taken her up on such an offer. Her dark eyes shown with , for once, unconcealed wamrth and her lips parted as if to speak. 

She grew silent once more as Sorin appearead, shooting him a smile in return as he greeted her. A stange flush of pride and heat flashed over her to hear herself described as the Nord's pupil though her education had yet to truly begin. 

"This is Vangard," she explained to the raven, having mentioned to the group that he and his companion, Odi, might be joining their unofficial gathering. 

105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin masked the confusion at the words the stranger spoke. It was a language he had never heard before, but the shadow assumed it was some sort of greeting. It certainly didn't seem hostile.

He wasn't able to mask the surprise as the man mentioned that he was Liri's teacher. One of his brows rose in silent inquiry. What was the man teaching her, when had this education started exactly? The one question Soin was worried to ask was what effect would this new man have on the pack that was only just forming? Did he seek out Liri in an attempt to gain favor and smooth the path towards becoming leader, or was his interest genuine? Would he be a leader worthy of following, or would he turn into a tyrant?

While he did his best to give nothing away, Sorin knew his expression conveyed some of his thoughts. He quickly recomposed himself though, regaining his calculating stoicness as Liri introduced the man as Vanguard. It seemed a strong name, one fit for a leader, and Sorin had little doubt that was what this man intended. The wisdom, the experience contained within his bi-colored orbs showed Sorin that Vanguard was a man who was sure of himself. The shadow guessed that such wisdom would seek out a pack to lead.

"Welcome Vanguard," Sorin said with his trademark neutrality. He wasn't sure about this man just yet, but he would trust Liri's judgement, and give the newcomer a chance. "We're glad to have you here."
29 Posts
Ooc —
He hadn't torn his gaze away from the man's face and therefore caught the glimmer of uncertainty, the wary look of someone who wasn't sure if they should trust. His gaze softened and he looked down, a gesture of vulnerability though he felt none in this moment, it was a gesture he hoped would help put this man at ease. He could see there was a bond between the two, some sort of relationship between this man and Liri and he briefly wondered if perhaps that had something to do with it. He gave a low thoughtful humbefore he realised it was rising up his vocal chords and then he smiled. "We had a discussion about my heritage,what runs through my blood and i hope to find more wolves here interested in learning it as Liri is. I don't want you to think I plan on storming in and taking over, This is Liri's land and yours over my own, i know this" he felt it would be best to be honest about his intentions here before becoming a packmate, especially since he did want to be leader. What would he look like if he became friends with them all and then suddenly was helping lead their home? "For honesty sake, It is part of my hopes to become a leader. That depends on how everyone takes to me of course" he offered a smile to Sorin, his multicolored gaze meeting the male's once more briefly before he looked to Liri, a question on his face as if seeking approval on what he had just said.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri felt as if a heavy load had been in unburdened from her slender shoulders, sighing silently through her nose in relief as Sorin welcomed her mentor to the Vale. After the event with Heloise, she had been afraid that the raven might not approve of the pagan's arrival - especially considering that he was male and entirely capable of raising Hel if he so had a mind to. 

Thankfully, neither man seemed inclined to such displays and Liri was able to breathe a bit easier. 

Her dark eyes shone with warm approval as they locked upon Vangard's, pale plume swishing at her hocks with excitement. 

"Well," the Blackfoot said after a moment, waiting for the pair to finish their conversation before she spoke, "would you like a tour?" 

Her heart thrummed at the thought, anticipating the alone time with the captivating Viking, but after a moment her eyes slid to Sorin and she gave a small smile to include him if he felt inclined to join the pair as well. 

105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin kept his expression neutral as Vanguard looked away. He knew what the other man was trying to pull, and while Sorin did feel slightly more relaxed at the man's experienced action, the shadow was not one to lay his cautious nature to rest so easily.

Although he showed no outward signs, Sorin was impressed by the mans words, and most of all, his honesty. It seemed that Vanguard knew where he stood as of now, and would seek to work his way up appropriately. For the northern man to say as much impressed Sorin. Such action showed the man was wise, and the sincerity in his bi-colored orbs put Sorin at ease that Vanguard would not go back on his word.

Following Vanguard's proclamation, Sorin allowed himself to relax slightly, his posture becoming less tense and his gaze less hard. This was all he showed, not wanting to let Vanguard think that he would totally drop his guard. Such an act was something he would not allow so soon after meeting the viking. But the shadow would place his trust in the man, so long as he gave him no reason to act otherwise.

Sorin hesitated for a moment as Liri invited him with a small smile. He wasn't sure if he was ready to take part in an act such as this. The caution still held him fast, but reason soon overtook him. If he was to be apart of this pack, he needed to participate and not be so separate from the others. With reason having won out, Sorin nodded to Liri, then set out to follow her and Vanguard.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
skipping @Vangard with permission to wrap this up :)

With both males' agreement, the healer turned to the side and jerked her head towards the distance forests for the pagan to follow. 

"Let's go then," she suggested merrily, alabaster plume swaying with each step as she trotted in the indicated direction. 

"The forest rings the open center of the territory and there are some caverns in the mountains that many recruits seem to find suitable for dens..." she began, pale form dissapearing into the trees as she guided the duo at her back.