Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
All Welcome 
@Keen @Liri

He'd left the Hollow. Wintersbane said they were not going for the recruitment drive but rather disbanding. He'd, of course, decided to take Keen with him and was proud of her healing and general outcome. He knew things troubled her, but she wasn't brought down too much by it. 
Surprisingly, he'd made it clear that he'd always be open to talk.

They'd happened across a vale, lush and open with secluded areas. Perfect. It was peaceful aside from the rare, faded bear scent. He carried a rabbit in his maw, wandering easily through the area. There was a strong presence of another here, he didn't know where. He'd told Keen to keep close and didn't doubt she wouldn't  He was looking for more game, perhaps a birds nest. Eggs, the mother. It would be a good find that would keep the pair well for some time. 
It would also be a learning curve for Keen.
167 words​
|  •  •  |
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Since settling in and finding herself growing accustomed to life in the Vale, Liri found some measure of peace in the safe harbor of having a place to call home. The healer seemed more content with herself, at peace, though this might have had something to do with the mysterious norseman. 

Midmorning found her digging, though not caches on this day, rather her pale paws were buried halfway to her knees in loose loam as she tilled the earth beyond her den. 

She had moved on from her temporary, earthen abode and had taken up residence in a open shelter near the lilly ponds. The fragrant scent of the blooming lillies nearly masked the promising allure of a grouse nearby. 

Liri paused in the midst of her gardening, shoulders hunching slightly as she prowled towards the treeline. 

The tracker followed the scent trail of the fowl, noting a stray feather caught in some nearby brambles as she passed. 

The odor led her to the hen's nesting sight, for it was their season, where she was worriedly turning her eggs with gentle prods of her beak. 

Liri licked her chops at the thought of the tender meat, hunkering in wait for the bird to pass by. 

It was sometime before the the bird again felt the need to slip away from her eggs for a drink of refreshing water. But when she did, passing by the concealed tundrian unknowingly, Liri pounced.

Within moments the healer had dispatched the grouse and was padding towards the newly dug caches to store her catch when the scent of a pair of rogues caught her attention. 

The sylph turned, following the scent until she happened upon the silver agouti male. 

She halted nearby, rumbling a welcome deep in her throat as she rested the bird at her paws. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

His ears drew up atop his crown, haring a swiftly-ended birds cry. He continued onwards, more cautious. 
A pale form shifted into view, causing him to stop dead. It took him a moment to register the friendly greeting resonating from the stranger and he let the tension in his shoulders slacken and approach closer so they were within respectable talking distance. She put down her fowl, enticing him to lay down his rabbit.

He offered the other a soft grin, "Greetings," he started, his tail waving softly. "I'm Derg, my friend is Keen." He gestured with a tilt of his muzzle to wherever the girl may be lurking, probably from over his shoulder. This didn't seem too bad though, a thriving Vale with hunting and natural protection. He wondered if the woman was trying to make a pack.
|  •  •  |
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Pale auds pricked, catching the soft, friendly words directed towards her. Dark eyes flickered to the partially hidden girl in the foliage, curiosity glimmering in their depths. Perhaps these two were rogues in search of a home. 

"Greetings to the both of you," the healer murmured kindly, pale plume wagging in welcome above her hocks. "I'm Liri Blackfoot, leader of the group who calls this Vale home," she introduced herself in turn with a dip of her peppered crown. 

"What brings you out this way?" Liri asked curiously, settling upon her scarred haunches and curling her tail neatly about her paws in wait. 

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He nodded, absorbing the information like a dry sponge to water.
This was her home, then. Her eyes held a depth that was as solid as an ancient oak wood.
Unremovable, alive, testifying. 
He admired it.
Through patches where her fur hadn't grown back were what could be revealed of scars. A trained eye such as his could make out where the fur parted at the roots and intertwined at the tips. 
Intriguing.

"The pack we were forming at permafrost Hollow disbanded. We are looking for a new place." Here.  It was perfect for a wolf like him and Keen. It had everything they needed. He too settled down, content with the situation. 
114 words
|  •  •  |
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Excitement fluttered in her stomach, her pale auds pricking to attention as Derg revealed the duo to be in search of a new group. "Perhaps you might consider staying here," Liri tempted with a kind smile. 

"Our group banded together to survive the previous winter but such a bond runs deep - we consider each other kith and kin," the healer murmured by way of insight.

"We intend to found a pack with opportunities available to all. If such a concept seems promising to you, you would be most welcome to visit with the rest of our recruits," the pallid woman offered, motioning towards the heart of their territory with a sweep of her ebony-dusted crown. Perhaps the pair would prefer to meet her companions first and determine what their people were like firsthand.

"You will find food there and a place to rest," Liri invited, should they be inclined to follow, dark gaze lifting to include both of the newcomers in her offer.

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Derg nodded, hearing what she was trying to create. A pack with opportunities. 
Something for him to help him solidify the changes he made to his ways, to help Keen grow. It was a good place to be.

"Indeed, I believe this will be a hospitable place." Perhaps meeting the others of her band would solidify the thought of staying here. He wondered if there was competition as such or if the Vale was as open as the Taiga. "I believe we will stay if meeting the others favours us." In effect, Derg didn't was to have to watch his back in a pack. That was not a life, not truly. 
​​112 words
|  •  •  |
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, eyes raising again to the partially concealed youth. The male seemed too young to be the girl's sire, nor did they resemble each other enough to share a familial relation. All the same, Derg appeared to be watching out for her. It was unsurprising that he would want to take a look around before truly deciding whether or not they would stay. 

"By all means," the northron inclined her head invitingly to the pair, hoping they would find the Vale and its inhabitants prospecting enough to reside here. 

Liri scooped up the bird resting at her paws, gesturing for the two to follow her back towards the heart of the Vale.