Ankyra Sound you knew i was approaching your throne
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Finally, she slumps. However, he still holds seconds after -- slightly concerned it was simply a ploy. But her breath slows and he knows to release, dropping her (likely bruised) neck from his teeth. “That was easy.” Vaati murmurs to himself before throwing his head back to announce his formal ascension to the highest rank attainable. It was not a title he planned on keeping forever, only until Caiaphas was fully healed and able to return to her former and rightful place. In the meantime, he would remain in a position that safeguarded the station as it awaited the sea queen's presence -- meaning he could not place himself in any situations that could potentially risk his position. Perhaps, that mindset was in the best interests of Rusalka on a level they could not understand.

As he turns to step away from Rosalyn's defeated body, he does not expect to see Firefly prowling forth as if he is prepared to go in for the kill. Vaati's issue with the man had dissolved, and so he does not greet the other's presence with a return of hostility. Instead, he offers an explanation that he likely would have offered no other, for perhaps he can understand from where the man finds reason to attack. “It had to be done.” The words were simple, but yet held meaning. It was not out of personal vendetta, but a recognized need to take control where there it lacked. And so, the leviathan walks away; leaving Firefly to simmer in his own rage.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
you knew i was approaching your throne - by Vaati - March 31, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Rosalyn - March 31, 2019, 04:32 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Vaati - April 04, 2019, 07:11 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Rosalyn - April 04, 2019, 07:28 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Vaati - April 04, 2019, 07:52 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Rosalyn - April 04, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Vaati - April 04, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Rosalyn - April 04, 2019, 08:31 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Vaati - April 04, 2019, 08:57 PM
RE: you knew i was approaching your throne - by Rosalyn - April 04, 2019, 09:11 PM