Lost Creek Hollow high highs and low lows
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
All Welcome 
Just doing a lil' scouting.

Honeybees buzzed around a patch of tulips, sat beside the steady run of a nearby creek. Dulce watched for a moment, taking care to note the meticulous adherence to routine which the tiny workers exhibited. It was always something that Dulce dreamt to see, these gentler bees, as opposed to the aggressive insects of home. She scoffed and continued onward.

There was a border not far from where Dulce had stopped, and although she thought to keep going, curiosity reeled her in. She stood a few feet away, sniffing adamantly at the ground in hopes of gathering clues.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ever since rescuing Aengus from the unfortunate bee-thorn in his nose, Ibis had become fixated on the flowers scattered in patches across the Hollow; not the flowers in particular (despite loving them immensely and becoming easily distracted by their many colors and shapes) but by the critters that flit from flower-to-flower. The bumblebees.

She desperately wanted to know how the bees worked, how they moved, why they might sting — and while it was a very stupid idea, a part of her wanted to get stung because then she'd have an excuse to go find Gannet and have him explain a treatment, if there was one! If the kids were ever subjected to those little butt-thorns again, Ibis would be ready!

However, her investigation of the flowers and the bees was cut short as a not-so-familiar shape arrived along the edge of the Hollow. Ibis hadn't meant to go so far from the core of the claim, but at some point she'd crossed outside of the boundary and was surprised to see the canine shape as it drifted closer to home. She hastily rose from her place among the flowers and crossed over again, but followed an intercepting course - until she cut across the stranger's path.

As she did so, she called out to them: Hello! Are you looking at the pretty flowers too..? It didn't occur to little Ibis that this wolf might be a stranger meaning her ill, but she wasn't exactly trained to patrol or anything.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Having noticed the girl, Dulce took a step back and settled onto her hindquarters to signify her peaceful intentions. She gave a half-smile and pulled a deep breath, before answering, Not quite. Her voice was smooth, thick, but carried the raspy notes of travel. It had been so long since she'd had a chance to speak that Dulce was pleased enough with just having someone to keep her company.

Are they always here? she asked, eyes drawing back to the red bulbs of the tulip patch.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
No..? That surprised her a bit. But the stranger redirected her attention to the tulips with a motion, and Ibis was still watching them when their voice bubbled forth again. She was more than happy to talk about the flowers! Gosh, Ibis was a touch on the simple side, wasn't she? But they were pretty! She liked pretty things.

Um, I think so! There are lots of pretty flowers and things in the Hollow; most of them are just popping up because the cold is finally gone, so... I guess they would still be sleeping in the ground if it was cold out. That was... an explanation and a half. She didn't think it made all that much sense, but Ibis was so young and inexperienced with things that she saw no harm in her presumptions. She looked to the stranger once she'd explained things as best she could, turning the conversation back on them: You're new to the Hollow, right? I don't think we've met — I'm Ibis!

The poor girl had no idea this was a total stranger, not just another member of her father's pack. Oh well!
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
The Hollow, was it? It might have been attractive to some to take advantage of this child's naïvety, but Dulce knew that where there was one, there were many, and she didn't want to be their target. Instead of playing along, she quickly corrected her companion, No; I'm only visiting. Ibis -- the name served as a sober reminder of Dulce's own childhood friend and how far she'd come since her own youth.

Nonetheless, she was glad to hear that she'd come near the end of the winter. She was unsure as to where the temperature might dare to drift from here, and while she wished to have a more definite answer, little Ibbi's speculation what she had to hold onto. This is where you live, right? She picked up one paw and sat it atop the other as she waited for Ibbi's reply.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Oh — visiting? Ohhh! She'd made a mistake, and her ears shifted awkwardly to fan either side of her head as she realized it, but the girl wasn't put-off for long. Newcomers didn't often come to the Hollow and Ibis was intrigued by the look of this one (more-so for their newness than anything), and while she knew she should've been more cautious, she just couldn't fathom turning them away yet. They hadn't done anything to warrant aggression as far as she could tell, but again, she was no warden. If anyone else had come across this lovely lady then who knows what might've happened!

Yes, I do. Its called Lost Creek Hollow, it is very pretty! And the lake is very  big, but very cold. I would show you but --- she looked over her shoulder, beyond the trees that served as the very edge of the territory, and wondered if she'd be in a lot of trouble if she gave the stranger a little glimpse. She knew better than to invite them deeper; naive as Ibis was, she knew the rules and was always ready to stick to them.

When she turned back she gave an apologetic little shrug. I could call someone and ask permission to give you a tour, if you want? We've all been pretty busy around here though - lots of cute babies, and stuff. If she thought about it, the adults wouldn't really like it if a stranger came traipsing through the Hollow with Ibis as their guide, but they'd probably not like it if Gannet did the tour either -- they'd become rather closed-off since the kids were born.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
It became apparent, the shift in attitude. Dulce giggled and lowered herself even more; now lying smooth against the ground, she tilted her head upward. That's okay, she said, folding her paws inward, I'm alright where I am. Dulce wondered how many more pups were inside of the territory and if Ibbi held any relation to them. Beyond that, she wondered if one of the girls parents was nearby waiting for the right moment to strike.

Now wondering if there was anything of value to be earned here -- beyond the child's friendly disposition -- Dulce recanted and said, Well, maybe you could call someone. It might be nice to see what more was hiding beyond the border, if she were allowed.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis wanted to be a good hostess; she didn't think of her role in quite those terms, but she didn't want the stranger to just... Sit there. Waiting. And when they gave the go-head for Ibis to summon someone, the girl was more than happy to oblige them. She pirouetted on the spot and cast her head back, letting her finely pitched song to rise and carry through the trees — her snap decision was to call for @Terance but partway through the summons, her voice cracked. She realized he might've been tending to Treason and the kids, so with a gasp she redirected her howl and called for @Gannet, assuming he might be more mobile than all the parents with their newborns.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
The two of them waited patiently for someone to respond, and while Dulce was known for her good patience, she was also known for her impulsivity. As the moments ticked on, her mind darted back and forth between what to do and where to go from here, and somewhere in that mess, it was decided that she would be leaving earlier than expected. Ibbi, she said, turning her full attention back to the girl, I appreciate your time. I must be going now. 

Then, not wanting to leave her friend in an awkward position, Dulce continued, When they arrive, tell them that Dulce said she'll return. With a gift for your hospitality. After leaning forward to try and nuzzle Ibbi's head, the flame spun around and made her way north.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She'd called and sat there after for a few minutes, looking eagerly for any of the adults - and just as she turned to her companion to assure her there'd be someone along soon, she felt a bump as the stranger broached her personal bubble and attempted to nuzzle her head. This was a behavior usually seen by her closest family, but it brought a slurry of conflicting emotions to light within Ibis; before she could really react, Dulce said something about coming back later and was gone.

Ibis was left all alone after that. The girl gawked at the space the stranger had previously occupied and gradually trailed her attention along where Dulce had departed - but was unable to shake the feeling of their unwanted affection, which set her skin crawling (for which she felt guilty; it had been harmless, and it wasn't like she was so reserved as to withdraw from physical affection); the fact it had been a total stranger might've bene what set off the feeling.

Confused by herself, Ibis tried to shake the feelings off as she crossed deeper in to the Hollow - seeking some comfort somewhere, or a distraction.