Moonsong Glacier the wayward weeping voices that you will hear
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Of the two, he was quickly making the distinction that Arcturus was better spoken than his brother. Not just in the wordy sense either; there was something rather resolute that rippled through the boy, something that flinched as much as it did burn to hear such an accusation. A truthful accusation, if Dirge had to guess. Given Charon's demeanor come into full bloom with the season, he was not left reeling but disappointed. Leave it to the children to be rein in their wayward siblings or better yet, make it so they scarcely thought enough of themselves to carry independent thought.

He shook his head at the scene unfolding, but also because the last thought was too harsh. No, they were all capable of that, smarter than that. It echoed and called to him too, a certain playback to childhood and every wanting to appease and be thought of well. Somewhere, he had forgotten this or otherwise buried it in a mire to rot only for it to reach beyond its grave, and sympathy replaced the discomfort. He couldn't imagine his siblings harboring hatred for one another. Disappointment, perhaps, but never to lash out enough to hurt.

His gaze leveled off somewhere in thought then—Korei Julia? Right. The other sister that had managed to wander off and never be seen again. Except he knew this to be untrue too, as Hydra and her lot had. The pale one. He'd only seen her that once, when the other had died and her name eluded him. His attention then caught the flash of Revui's teeth and he wondered, if only for a second, somehow they could all come to an accord.

"Well if you've gotten that out of your respective systems," he announced to no one in particular, half anticipating that they'd all scatter in different directions and leave him there, alone. "You all have a very strange way of expressing joy and relief in these parts. A simple 'I missed you' seems to go a bit further from my experience." Not that he knew when he'd see his sisters again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the wayward weeping voices that you will hear - by Dirge - May 17, 2019, 10:22 PM