Ocean's Breath Plateau i don't want you to remember me like that
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
And so he had decided, in his own whirlwind of thoughts, that he would stay here. He would make it his own. Or at least attempt to. A party of one was not exactly an intimidating force or even enough to survive for long.

He knew he'd need to get better acquainted with the land if he was to stay. That was what drove him to roam along the rocky edge of the plateau. It was a climb to the top and he realized that if he wished to find anyone, he might need to roam down to the bottom of the plateau too.

One thing at a time. He mumbled as he continued his small patrol.
24 Posts
Ooc —
the coast is kinda chill. he's never quite been able to decide how he feels about the briny scent permeating the air or the coarse sand that sticks between his toes long after he leaves, but the scenery is nice, and the constant crash of the ocean is somewhat calming. he prefers rivers, though, and waterfalls and shit like that. no sand (well, sometimes), no salt. just water β€” which is perfectly alright with him.
what isn't alright with him is this god-awful climb. the rocks are sharp against his pads, and he's annoyed with the amount of focus required to avoid falling. he's certain the view will be worth it, but damn, where's the elevator? a faint sound interrupts him β€” like a mumble β€” and he almost slips. fuck! he yells, stumbling a little but quickly regaining his footing. he glances up to see a stranger, and a snort escapes him. well, that's one way to introduce himself. hey, what are you doing up here? he questions as he takes a few steps forward, tone a little more defensive than he'd meant it to be.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
It might have been comical if they both fell from startling each other but the writer was not ready to off Rokig today. The shout almost lurched him over the edge though, moving a few loose bits of gravel, a steely reminder that this was a bit high up and not the safest area. It had its pros and cons cut out for it.

His eyes blink a few times as he registers a figure just below him. They were interesting looking with a primarily pale body save for the dark hood that cloaked them. I'm checking out the area. He replied nonchalantly not minding the defensiveness in the stranger's tones. Rokig was pretty sure if he was down there and not up here, he'd be defensive as hell too. I think I'm going to live here. It sounded more like a thought than a declaration.

Way to be confident, Rokig.
24 Posts
Ooc —
the male, grey and sullen-looking, responds as if the conversation had started out completely normal. except it's not very normal, especially not when he announces that he thinks he's going to live here as if the idea has just struck him. huh, he thinks, squinting for a moment before he answers. by yourself? he scents no others on the stranger, so maybe it's a bit of a dumb question β€” but he's kind of curious to hear this guy's plan.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
His lips briefly drew together in a tight line as he thought over his answer. Well...for now I guess but hopefully not forever. He was not sure how well he could round up a group or how many there might be. I want β€” kind of need β€” to find others. He admitted with a touch of defeat. Something else strikes him though as he realizes he's still kind of looking down on the stranger.

Are you coming up? It's nicer away from the edges. He moved back a few steps from the male's path, wondering if he might coax him up.
24 Posts
Ooc —
the answer intrigues him, though it's more because of what the male has left unsaid than anything. before he can answer, though, the other's next words cut through his thoughts. the invitation draws a faint, amused smile to his lips, and he obliges. a few moments later, he finds himself level with the grey stranger, noting he looks a little less tired and unattractive from this angle. kind of sad, too, maybe, but val has never been the best at reading others. you wanna lead a pack, he says with the slightest hint of a question in his voice. what kinda pack? after a beat, he adds: nice place to set up. it's an awkward attempt at encouragement, but he means it. something about the dejected way the stranger holds himself makes him want to see him succeed, if only a little.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
His head bobs at the statement (or what he thinks is the statement) before it halts and a soft hum escapes him. Rokig had only just got around to the concept of something of his own. While he knows the stranger's questions are valid β€” and perhaps he should be thanking him for making him think more about this β€” he also wants to shush him. He doesn't though. He stays silent and muses for a few brief moments, slowly beginning to move inward on the plateau.

I just want something simple. No sort of crazy rules or religions to follow. A place for those who need somewhere to go but...I don't want to be walked over either. He admits with a small touch of softness creeping into his tone. It was a thin line to walk but he was rather set on doing it somehow.
24 Posts
Ooc —
it seems the stranger has given this about as much thought as val initially assumed, but he finds he doesn't mind. if anything, he's fascinated; he could be watching history happen right now. he could be a part of it, maybe. he's not usually that lucky, though. he starts to move slowly when the other man does, assuming he's meant to follow, and a moment later he receives his answer. sounds like my kind of place, he finds himself saying, offering a grin should the other glance back to see it. what's your name?
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
The words bring a faint smile to his face as he looks over at the younger male. His words sounded promising and made him feel as though this had a chance to work out. Before he could comment on it another question is presented. This time it's simpler. Rokig. You? He returns with a glance at his company.

And...you're welcome to stay here. Rest for the night or however long you want. His shoulders do a sort-of-roll as his gaze flits between the male's face and the open space in front of them. It's an awkward invitation, no doubt, but he didn't want to make the other feel trapped. Maybe they had just been acting kind or curious.
24 Posts
Ooc —
it's sort of nice, seeing a smile drawn from the tired man, even if it is faint. rokig, he repeats softly, tail swishing. i'm valentine. the offer that follows doesn't exactly surprise him, but he can't contain the chuckle that slips from him. you're quick to trust. how do you know i won't do unseemly things to you in your sleep? he's teasing of course, and though he worries a little about rokig taking offense, it's likely best that he discovers now whether the male can handle such jokes. if he can, well... maybe valentine will stay awhile.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Valentine. It's a nice name and for a moment he debates mumbling it back to the male but he doesn't. He's glad he didn't though or he might have missed the odd words that followed introductions. The plateau is big. Who says we're sleeping close enough for you to do unseemly things to me? His voice might not be able to reach the joking tone but the faint smirk on his face is enough (he hopes at least) to pass it along.

So you really like the place? He asked as he halted his steps. The view was no doubt incredible but he hoped that the plateau itself wasn't too barren for others.
24 Posts
Ooc —
not my subpar seduction skills, apparently, he responds with a laugh, tail swaying more broadly and quickly than before as his expression lights up. okay, he likes this guy. then he hears rokig's question, and he pauses to glance around briefly before he answers. yeah, he draws to a halt beside the grey wolf, gaze flitting back to silver eyes. haven't explored the whole place yet, but i like what i see. you havin' second thoughts?
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
His hard exterior cracked for a moment as a laugh escaped him for a brief moment. This guy isn't so bad and even Rokig, tired and grumpy as he can be, can't deny it. He's glad to have him on the plateau (if he'll stay) for however long that may be. Perhaps he'd have better luck with a lighter personality around here.

No. His head shakes softly. He likes this place far too much to have second thoughts about it. Just have to consider what others think of it, you know? He didn't want to wind up being alone here forever if everyone else around him thought it was a drag.
24 Posts
Ooc —
the laugh lets him know his odd humor isn't entirely unwelcome, and he relaxes a little more, deciding this set-up might be good for him. it's been awhile since he's really had company aside from @Heavenly (he wonders where she is, but he refuses to let himself worry yet) and he thinks perhaps it will soften him some. yeah, i get it, he murmurs in agreement, casting a glance out over the plateau. a few moments later, he adds (more thinking aloud than speaking to rokig): i think there's potential here.
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
thinkin' we can wrap this up? i'm game for a follow up too!

His head bobbed in agreement with Valentine. The plateau was full of potential, it was just a matter of whether or not he could actually build something from it all. Come on. I'll show you the best spots I've found so far. He offered in a soft voice. If his companion was hungry there were plenty of prey lurking in the grass and rocky edges. If he wished to rest, well, he was certain they could find somewhere to Valentine's taste.
24 Posts
Ooc —
sounds good ❀ last post from me. feel free to tag me in a new one or ill hop into your next aw thread
alright, he agrees easily, pleased with his decision to stay β€” at least for the moment. time will tell if it is truly a good one, but he likes to think the risk is minimal. so he doesn't worry about it. instead he follows rokig wherever he may lead, satisfied with the day's events and the turn his life has taken.