Blackfeather Woods I lose a bit of myself with every selfie
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
@Moonshadow; @Falling Star; @Moonshine
Something casual ~

He was hungry again. Always hungry. He called loudly, demanding to be shown where to eat. He paddled his legs, trying to climb over his siblings. He had the right to eat and didn't care much for what happened to them. 

At long last, he latched on to a teat and greedily ate, his paws pressed to his mother's stomach. His back legs kicked out, hitting his brother and sister. They should move quicker, to get out of his way and to eat. Not that he cared much now, but one day in a different situation, he'd care more.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She watched over her little ones with admiration. They didn’t know it yet but she would die to protect them and she would love them unconditionally.

She watched as Rowan suckled and smiled. Her other pups squirming. Moonshadows stomach growled with hunger she hadn’t ate since the pups were born and even then the birth had exhausted her. She let out a small bark loud enough to be heard but soft enough not to startle her children. Hoping @Istoira was near.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Istoira was uncertain what exact role she upheld in the pups' lives - somewhere between surrogate father, second mother, and nursemaid - but just being near them was enough. 

They did little else but sleep, eat, and mess at this age but the Wound-binder cherised the moments she could stretch upon the floor of the thicket and gather them close about her - watching with adoration as they squirmed and pawed at each other. 

If her focus had seemed oriented around Moonshadow before, she was all but reclusive since the birth of her girl's children. When she wasn't guarding the den she was oft hunting for the young mother or tending the pups while she stretched her legs - Moonshadow had no family or mate, such tasks would have fallen upon another packmate but the Storm-bringer gladly accepted her place at the raven-pelted femme's side. 

She'd been drawn from the keep on one such foray for sustenance, knowing that Moonshadow would need to eat soon. 

The girl once known as Keiedia returned to the whelping den as a soft call escaped for her, ears pricking in surprise at the serendipity of her arrival. 

With a soft chuff, the firewood dipped into the lair - a summer hare clenched between her jaws. 

She dropped it before the dark beauty as a soft rumble escaped her throat, brushing her cheek against the woman's briefly. She still hadn't a clue if Moonshadow guessed the intimate feelings the former slave harbored, or if she returned them in the slightest, but she was reluctant to push and disrupt the tiny family unit she'd found herself within. 

"My lady," she greeted with a gentle smile. Her citrine gaze slid to the gorging children at her teats. "Puppies," she greeted, bending to rub her nose gently against their tiny spines, "I see you've already broken your fast." 

"Some more than others," 
the girl laughed softly as she stretched upon the ground, tone vaguely chiding as she poked Rowan ever so slightly with her nose. He was a strong and dominant little boy, already quite feisty as was evidenced by the shoves and kicks he aimed at his siblings. 

"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
A wet, warm feeling brushed over his back, making him squirm. It wasn't like his mother's tongue, but rather smoother. It felt almost slimy. Weird.
He squeaked the best he could with a mouth full of milk in protest to the icky touch. 

The feeling came again. This time the touch was placed more wisely because he kicked out with all his might -- which wasn't very mighty. Oh, how he wished for the warm, soothing touch of his mother's tongue to remove the icky feeling that clung to his fur. 
| |
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
A gargled whine came from her little boy after Istoira nudged him and the new mother chuckled as she licked her little ones head in attempt to soothe him. “I don’t think he liked that very much.” She said as she laughed.
40 Posts
Ooc —
Istoira snorted in amusement as she withdrew, realizing it was her cold, wet nose that disgruntled Rowan so. Even in anger, he was just so darned cute. 

"Ah, he's always grumpy," she teased gently as the boy kicked out at her. 

"How are you feeling today?" Istoira asked as her gaze lifted to Moonshadow curiously. 
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The boy squeaked with delight as his mother obliged to his silent calling for grooming. He reveled in the warmth that washed away the icky cold. He was blind still but when the day came where he'd gain his eyesight, he'd be one step further to growing up.
He'd do so fast. Ploughing his way through life to change it with whatever power he had, making it better for all -- at least one would hope so.
| |
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She looked over to Istoira and smiled. “I’m doing okay just restless. I can’t wait till the pups are a little older perhaps I can start teaching them things soon.” She nudged her other babies to make sure they didn’t feel left out.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Skipping because of inactivity

He pressed deeper into the warmth of his siblings, glad to have them as company. Though, he wouldn't mind stealing all the limelight. He would grow to be a natural show off and perhaps a bit judgemental but not discriminatory. There would be no room for that in him.

He rumbled softly, warning his sister against attacking his butt. He could feel her inquisitive nips against it.
| |
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The young mother felt content both with her children and her companion. She was finally happy. She smiled as her gaze went from Istoira to her pups as she watched them play.