Nocturne Summit don't keep saying our hands are tied
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It had been mostly easy to forget that life existed outside of their mountain, especially as more time passed. Guilt and fear lingered in the back of her mind any time she wasn't otherwise distracted, but she hadn't voiced any of her concerns yet. As wrong as this all was, she couldn't deny that she liked it, and Charon, and she had enjoyed being here with him, even when she couldn't quite shake her mind's reminders that he wasn't meant to be hers, nor were his children that might be growing inside her at this very moment. 

Despite all of her worries, she was dozing off in her spot next to him, feeling content and safe in his presence. His words had her eyes quickly opening, though, and she turned to look at him, her expression quickly changing from relaxed to worried. She supposed they couldn't avoid this conversation forever; eventually they would have to return home. She had started to feel more normal today, and she could tell her heat was ending, meaning their time here was also ending. She had honestly thought the same thing many times over but had failed to come up with anything that would keep everyone's life intact...probably because that was impossible now. I don't know, she said anxiously. And to his declaration, she looked away, sadness replacing the worry on her face. I have no doubt that you can protect me, she started, turning back to him. But at what cost? His whole family? I can't get between you and your family, she said quietly, gaze falling again. And what if...what if I'm pregnant? Speedy asked. Hydra said-- she paused to swallow, unable to bear the thought of her children being killed. I don't care about my safety. Resolve filled her voice then. If there is a them, she pointed her nose toward her abdomen as she spoke. I need them to be safe, too. Maybe she was jumping the gun, but once her worries were spoken, she couldn't stop the rest from falling out. They had plagued her thoughts in the downtime, and it felt better to share them with him.
Messages In This Thread
don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Charon - May 15, 2019, 07:16 PM
RE: don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Speedy - May 15, 2019, 08:09 PM
RE: don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Charon - May 15, 2019, 09:08 PM
RE: don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Speedy - May 15, 2019, 09:48 PM
RE: don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Charon - May 16, 2019, 11:52 AM
RE: don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Speedy - May 17, 2019, 12:40 AM
RE: don't keep saying our hands are tied - by Charon - May 21, 2019, 07:45 AM