Lost Creek Hollow the love of your life lives
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis was a good girl. She'd always done what was expected of her and upheld the goodness her mother had taught to her, fostered in her. She had never been put in to a position where her doubt was so strong before, and it wasn't something she liked to experience. It felt like she was preparing for a dressing-down before her parent — she was antsy, unable to meet Terance's eyes as he paused and began to speak. Ibis looks so childish; she's so small, feeling smaller by the minute as she's dwarfed by her father.

She doesn't say anything to the first half of his awkward little speech. The fluttering of her heart distracts her a little bit; she knows Terance is telling the truth and that it was all a misunderstanding — more-so her fault than his — but she can't find the words to explain herself.

Then he's showering her with love again. Love, and talk of the Hollow. This place he had retreated to after his split with her mother. This place he had turned in to a home with another woman. Where her half-siblings would grow up loved, cared for, respected, by two loving parents. Ibis felt the familiar jealousy pulse through her heart but she would not confront him with it.

I'm... glad I came here too, she drawled carefully.

I thought it would be fair to give you a chance. I love mom, and Olive, and Elysium - but I love you too, dad. I wanted -- her voice hitches in her throat and she pauses to think, compose herself. I wanted to get to know you better, to understand why it didn't work with you and mom. I get it now. It wasn't your fault, and it wasn't mom's, it just... It was unavoidable. She didn't want him to hurt over this anymore. Ibis didn't want to hurt over it either; but most of all, she wanted to say: I'm sorry about before. This is all very... confusing.
Messages In This Thread
the love of your life lives - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 03, 2019, 10:28 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Terance - June 04, 2019, 04:40 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 04, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Terance - June 04, 2019, 04:50 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 04, 2019, 05:02 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Terance - June 04, 2019, 05:17 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 04, 2019, 05:30 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Terance - June 04, 2019, 05:44 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 04, 2019, 06:01 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Terance - June 04, 2019, 06:42 PM
RE: the love of your life lives - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 04, 2019, 06:52 PM