Ravensblood Forest There's something in the way I wanna cry
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
’dead…’

it did not seem to matter that illidan was unaware of who she was referring to. he felt the words strike him forcefully, flooding his memory with images of the death that he had witnessed. someone she cared about had passed away, and all he could do was stand there with wide eyes and a shaken spirit. the wind brushed past him, toying with the jagged hairs of his neck. illidan forced himself out of the stupor, returning his sights to her face.

maia went on to express that she did not understand why things had to change – had to get worse. his features softened, saddened, and he shook his head. if only he had the answer to such questions. for several long moments, the ghost sat in silence and allowed her to have her time to suffer. when the quiet seemed to rattle him, illidan glanced toward her and breathed a soft sigh.

“i wish that i knew… it seems as though we’re placed on this earth to fight until there’s no fight left in us. maybe that’s all there is. you carry on until you don’t,” he stated quietly, brow knitting over his sunken eyes.

there was a moment of searching her features, trying to find where her joyous smile had gone and why it had left behind these tears and this misery. “w-who… who was it, maia? what happened?” he finally inquired to her, unsure as to whether or not this was a wise choice to have made. illidan did not want to appear insensitive, but he did not know the importance of this person she spoke of. who could have passed and caused this grief to flood her soul?
Messages In This Thread
There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 12:30 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 01:06 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 03:27 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Illidan - June 19, 2019, 12:47 AM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 19, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - July 20, 2019, 10:26 AM