Coconut Grove i'm in a b-boy stance, i'm not dancing
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Her lip curled into the fondest smile at his quip, finding Tristan adorable in spite of this whole situation. That was the rub: she loved him, no matter what. And when she had some time to herself later, she would probably rue the fact that he apparently liked her too, even saying as much, but there was nothing to be done about it because he simply didn't think he was relationship material. And simply by merit of thinking that, he wasn't.

"That's probably why I like you, 'cause I can't have you," she quipped right back, "and if I could have you, my feelings would shrivel faster than your wiener." The joke rang a little hollow, as did the laugh that followed it, but her eyes were still fond. "But if you ever rethink the ship thing, try me anyway," Bat said before she could think twice about it, as it would probably kill her a little bit if Tristan ended up coupling with someone else.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
and if bat ever got wiser and moved on, it'd probably crush the dumbass himself. but that was something that tristan was pretty confident would never ever happen ever in a million years. sure, he wasn't in the mood for relationship rn... he had other bitches to bang, but surely bat would hang around and wait for him for as long as he took. and now that she knew how he felt... well, now he had some extra time -- right? is this how men think? jesus christ. 

you're first on the list, tristan replied, giving her a broad smile -- though he was feeling pretty shitty on the inside at this point. okay... i'm.. gonna go drink some water. i think i'm out of service for more patrol. plus he needed to escape all this.

holy shit -- what a train wreck of a thread.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
She made no move to stop him when he made his exit, watching his striped back until he vanished from view. Bat nibbled at her lip. She could use some space at the moment too, to process what had just gone down between them. Had she actually just admitted to him (and to herself) that she'd been in love with Tristan practically her entire life? She shook her head in disbelief, though she smiled too.

She just hoped things would be more or less normal when they eventually met up again. In the meantime, Bat busied herself by continuing along the borders, marking here and there. She wasn't exactly the picture of a good guardian, considering she was barely paying attention to her surroundings, though she at least made good use of her full bladder.