Firestone Hot Springs hanging in my infant air, waiting
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He erupted with an affirmative; more importantly, and surprisingly, the little voice made Ibis feel intensely nostalgic for a split-second and it stunned her for a moment beyond that. The boy was foreign to her, but there was something nagging at her about his familiarity - perhaps she was just lonely for the company of the children she used to visit back in the Hollow. That made sense to her, at least enough sense to satisfy her for now, so she let the feeling pass and smiled down at the boy.

Okay Cam, lets get you dry first. Come over this way -- as she spoke she drifted with a few strides away from the pools of water, carefully navigating so that she wouldn't fall in (and keeping an eye on his own path on the off-chance he was as bumbling with directions as she had been as a cherub). The fog thinned the further they went from the hot pools, and so did the smell. Cam was unfortunately quite pungent regardless since he'd taken a swim in the water, but, at least he was safely removed from the pool's edge.

Although she wasn't super damp from the pools, Ibis took a second and shook the fur of her scruff - all the way down to her hips, and her tail, and then with a light laugh she asked, --like that! Once you're dry you'll warm up in no time, summer is good for that. Then, provided all things went well, Ibis would have a moment to make sure everything was just right before bringing the child home to the woods. The last thing she wanted to see was Mal refusing to let little Cam stay with them for some inane reason; so she'd do her best to tidy him up, and vouch for him when the time came.
Messages In This Thread
hanging in my infant air, waiting - by Cam - July 05, 2019, 12:07 AM
RE: hanging in my infant air, waiting - by Cam - July 05, 2019, 12:31 AM
RE: hanging in my infant air, waiting - by Cam - July 05, 2019, 01:02 AM
RE: hanging in my infant air, waiting - by Cam - July 05, 2019, 01:47 AM
RE: hanging in my infant air, waiting - by Ibis (Ghost) - July 05, 2019, 10:59 PM
RE: hanging in my infant air, waiting - by Cam - July 07, 2019, 03:23 PM