The Sunspire In the Back of My Mind
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
gonna be vague, since its not finished, but its a few days after this thread, which Nightingale remembers a small wisp of what happened before she joined Swiftcurrent Creek

She looked down at the earthy, dark soil and sighed, before sending another pebble- of which she had gathered many- down the slope. She was straining to remember anything... a wisp of memory, a face, a name...

There was nothing.

She sent down another pebble and thought harder, back to that day with Leaf, and the bobcat. What had happened? First I was staring at a big cat, and suddenly, I was hurting...

She tried to remember... There was a white heat. A flash of pain before she recovered... something. But what was it?

I heard someone... Someones.

Yes, there had been a cry for help. A deep male voice that rumbled at her, urging her to run away. And then, a lighter voice, a female, calling out to her. Someone running beside her? No, not just one, two!...

She growled in frustration and kicked the rest of the pile downwards, sending a few flying through the air before stomping around a bit and lying down, with her head on her paws.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
!!hi!! i'm being vague too bc i have a thread with danica then i have a thread with laksha that have ??? outcomes (and i'm probably gonna say that laksha one comes after this, just in case? idk my timelines are wonky right now i don't even want to make sense of them haha) but i wanted ame to know nightingale better ^^

Amekaze picked her way down the mountainside, feeling introspective in light of everything as she traveled from the higher elevation. While her focus was often elsewhere on external matters as of lately, it was difficult not to look inward time and again. She contemplated how things had changed already here upon the Sunspire and where they may go in the future, especially now that their claim was growing more and more secure by the day. If they successfully forced Swiftcurrent to back off, that would be just another positive for them. That paired with continued pack growth could make them able to weather the winter even better than she anticipated.

But that was thinking awfully far ahead. She wondered, too, of herself and her place here. She busied away at honing her skills when she was able, and of course worked on average duty of caching and patrolling. Soon, the pack may come to recognize her in full for her chosen trades -- although they were of varied uses depending on who one asked. Nevertheless, it would secure her place and purpose here in one way.

From there, she knew not what would become of her.

Amekaze's sights picked up not long after smelling a vaguely familiar scent -- a fellow Sunspire wolf, one of their juveniles that she was certain was close to Ferdie. However Ame had rarely spent time with her one on one. She jogged up quietly in approach and chuffed lowly once she was close enough to the young wolf in the grass. While the question remained unspoken, she peered at the youth as if to ask what was up. She seemed... bothered, almost? Although Ame could not guess why.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
The pup raised her head at the sound of a small chuff. She looked mildly surprised to see Ame there, even if Nightingale was daydreaming to deeply to notice the real world pass by.

She felt like she had seen the dark female before, but she wasn't entirely sure. Well, she wasn't entirely sure of anything anymore! Once more, Nightingale strained to remember, but nothing could be seen in her mind's eye. The frustration caused her to flick her ears for a split second before nodding at Amekaze.

"H'lo..." She muttered halfheartedly before resting her head again.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Her intentions were not to intrude. She watched Nightingale's reaction to her carefully, looking to read deeply into her every gesture. However, Amekaze did not know the juvenile remarkably well.

The greeting she was met with was not exactly enthusiastic. Ame's ears splayed and she did not rush to close ground between them; perhaps it was her company at all, although she did not expect it. The girl had seemed melancholy before Amekaze had made herself known to her. You seem troubled, she observed pointedly. If I am intruding, I will not stay, she tacked on as an offer, so not to seem as if her mention forced a response. Ame would be understanding, although she did wish to know Nightingale better, considering how close she was to Ferdie especially.

She would only linger for a little while and listen should Nightingale deem her worries fit to be spoken of. While a good listener, she would provide her thoughts as needed, or it not, was good quiet company as well. After a bit, she then bid the juvenile a farewell once their time was through with Amekaze citing the need of a hunt as her reason but with mention that their paths may cross again soon..

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n