Gilded Bay strength before weakness
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Nodding, he was certain that there was truth behind Guildenstern's words - that he had done well, but Rose didn't find that he had the same luck in getting along with others long enough to make that a possibility. I couldn't bow to leaders in times before this, playing nice didn't come easy. He admitted. It was hard, nearly impossible to shake off the training of their youth. Playing nice, cooperating, was for the weak - work together to gain strength but nothing more. 

'A Birserkir doesn't need friends, doesn't desire friends.' Those words stuck with me for a long time, like a curse. All I did was fight, and hunt, for my own gain and only shared with those who helped to take down the prey. And with that thought, he found himself only ever wanting to challenge the leaders who would give out missions, to scoff at their demands as though it was a mere waste of his time to do more than look for his next opponent. I only ever searched for the next best fighter to test my skills against.

Rosencrantz would admit that he still had that side of him lingering, even now he wished for nothing more than to challenge Guildenstern in a battle, to test their new abilities since they had last met as a youth. 

Noble? Sounds like it huh... I see it more selfish, to be different than what we were raised as. I hope this would give me that opportunity, for peace. He huffed softly a quiet chuckle, finding it amusing that he would even think in such a way. That Birserkir was behind them once and for all, behind him most of all. No. It was a fire. The embers of a fallen tree clung to my face and burned a hole. Nothing honorable behind that tale. Surely he could have lied to make the story far less than mundane, but Rose was above lying for such petty reasons. 

What are you looking for now Guildenstern? Do you still roam for your next job, does that appease you? For a moment, he pondered about inviting Guildenstern back to the island.  Strange how it felt right to try and be a family again. Perhaps Rhælla was rubbing off on him more than expected.
New Threads: closed
Messages In This Thread
strength before weakness - by Guildenstern - July 14, 2019, 11:54 AM
RE: strength before weakness - by Rosencrantz - July 15, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Guildenstern - July 15, 2019, 05:36 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Rosencrantz - July 17, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Guildenstern - July 25, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: strength before weakness - by Rosencrantz - July 29, 2019, 05:25 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Guildenstern - August 01, 2019, 05:32 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Rosencrantz - August 01, 2019, 06:43 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Guildenstern - August 02, 2019, 07:17 PM
RE: strength before weakness - by Rosencrantz - August 06, 2019, 12:22 AM