Whitefish River We are receiving numerous reports that books have stopped working
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
As if his family's pleas hadn't pulled enough at her heartstrings, she could hardly look into the injured boy's teary eyes and deny him what he so desperately wanted. She worried about his psychological state as it was, so if this would help his mind, then it would also aid in his healing. Okay, she gently answered, leaning carefully into Dragomir to help shoulder more of his weight.

The move outside was torturous for her; she winced any time his broken legs or chest brushed up against anything, so she hated to think what it must have been like for him. Slowly and as carefully as they could manage, they moved him from the caves and into a fairly dense thicket. When Aurëwen spoke, Speedy shook her head. For now, I see no reason why he should have to be moved again, but even so, I wouldn't without speaking with you first. She only had his best interest in mind, and if he felt more at ease out here, then she wouldn't deny him that comfort, especially not when he was already in so much pain. 

She looked over Dragomir while he settled. Now that he could eat something, she could maybe help with his pain some. I'm going to run inside and get something for your pain, she said softly. I'll be right back.

The healer returned a few minutes later and set her mouthful down next to the dark pup. First, she extracted some seeds from a poppy plant and placed them in front of him. Eat these; they'll make you sleepy but should also make you feel a lot more comfortable. She used the plant very sparingly, but she felt this situation called for something stronger. She picked up the moss and moved it closer to him. After, drink some of the water from this moss to wash down the seeds. She would tend to his wounds once his pain was better controlled; for now, she just waited and watched to make sure he was able to follow her instructions while glancing at Aurëwen to make sure she didn't have any objections.
Messages In This Thread
RE: We are receiving numerous reports that books have stopped working - by Speedy - August 10, 2019, 08:58 PM