Stone Circle BWP- My Breath's getting short and im unsteady
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn

A tight chord of anxiety balled up in her stomach when the man did not rouse, and instinctively, she lifted her paw and sought the large man's jugular. Yet even when she stilled, his thick layers of fat and fur prevented her from finding an accurate spot to read his pulse. She huffed, and realigned her paw to rest in the space before his parted mouth. And she waited. The slightest warmth touched her fur, but his breaths were shallow and unnatural. She furrowed her brow, and stepped away. Something was definitely wrong.

She hardly roused at Valette's arrival - intense was the only word to describe her; the air soaked with the deluge of her distress, and Nanook pushed her own nerves down. They couldn't both lose their minds; at least one of them had to be strong, still, calm. A balance to the tempest.

"I don't know," she said. Composed, despite the waves of anger and fear that crashed through her chest. Damn it, Greyback, if he died on them now -

She pitched her ears forward at the sound of a groan, and she moved closer - stopping short when the titan's eyes fluttered open. His voice came shortly after, and Nanook disregarded the fact that he had aimed his question at Valette. She sprung her words the moment he fell silent. "We'd like to know that, too," brusque, matter-of-fact, certainly not the sweet comfort of Valette - that was her sister's to offer, and she would do it well. Nanook simply delivered the facts. "The ground shook, I heard a cry. The voice wasn't yours - yet we found you on the ground, unconscious. You don't remember anything?"
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
RE: BWP- My Breath's getting short and im unsteady - by Nanook - October 10, 2019, 10:39 AM