Shadow Mountain I am the voice inside your head
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
After the brief reunion with her father (and the odd girl) Ibis sought the shelter of the mountainside. She wasn't known for being drawn to such dangerous areas, and especially so with the increased activity throughout the wilds; however, she was seeking something to remedy the aching cut to her neck. If what her father said was true, the chances of finding adequate supplies (be they herbal remedies or food) were slim, and so she would have to be diligent in her hunt. Ibis had not been trained to any great degree while she had lived among the wolves of Elysium but she likes to think of herself as a sponge, and trusts that some of her mothers' natural acuity for herbalism and healing has somehow translated down to her. To be blunt: she trusts that the mountain can provide what she seeks, but she has no idea what to look for.

It doesn't help that she lacks the required athleticism to make it up the mountainside; her sides are heaving by the time she stops for a break, and there are miles to go, many steep curves leading up from the meadowlands beneath Shadow Mountain. From her vantage point upon a narrow strip of plateau she thinks she can spy dark shapes moving—and wonders if maybe she's watching her brother Okeanos hike around in search of her. The guilt of that thought prompts Ibis to keep moving; the sooner she finds what she needs, the sooner she can climb back down to the safety of the open fields below.

She makes it another hour before she absolutely has to stop, partly because of how sore her legs are, how cut up her paw pads are, but mostly because the land is shaking again and she cannot for the life of her stay upright. She tumbles with a few gasps of surprise, hitting a small tree (which deflects her momentum away from the edge, thankfully!) and then she careens in to the dark, swallowed by a gaping hole of shadow, crashing against the loose soil on the other side—a mere three feet from where the dark wolf stands brooding.
Messages In This Thread
I am the voice inside your head - by Nails - October 08, 2019, 06:43 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 08, 2019, 07:25 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Nails - October 10, 2019, 09:32 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 10, 2019, 10:24 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Nails - October 24, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: I am the voice inside your head - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 28, 2019, 04:29 PM