Duck Lake Step away from my light, I need shine.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
For @Xan but it is open. Set Oct 10th.

The banks of the lake were as unstable as everything else within the valley. It appeared as though one of the more recent quakes—quite a violent one—had caused the water to rise up and flood in to the meadow adjacent. As Ibis' trail cut across a segment that she could've sworn had been dry days before, she noticed the way her feet sank in to the soil, streaking with mud.

As she moved she noticed that some areas were soggier than others, and one such misstep took her chest-deep in to a mire of cold water. She hurried to pull herself free, kicking her hind limbs, reaching with her front limbs—until finding something a touch more stable, which she hoisted her fine-boned self on to. Once she was standing above the lake's edge again she could peer around at the reeds, but it didn't look like anything was amiss.

It was disorienting; she felt the wind whipping at her body and began to shiver from the cold, and wasn't sure where to step as she sought shelter. The girl pirouetted on the risen patch of earth, looking even thinner than usual because of the slick manner of her coat, which was altogether pathetic.
Messages In This Thread
Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Ibis (Ghost) - October 08, 2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Hono - October 08, 2019, 09:14 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Xan - October 09, 2019, 10:54 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Hono - October 10, 2019, 08:57 AM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Hono - October 12, 2019, 01:22 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Hono - October 19, 2019, 05:26 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Xan - October 30, 2019, 08:29 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 04, 2019, 05:48 PM
RE: Step away from my light, I need shine. - by Xan - November 21, 2019, 12:08 AM