Blacktail Deer Plateau You can't stomach that stuff, that's not in you
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Though he knew that they moved, Rosencrantz lacked the details on what his fellow Rusalkans were going through. Not to the fault of anyone other than himself. He didn't go around sticking his nose in their history, asking about them, no. He took his position and gave himself something to do, and that was it. Their hardships would slowly be revealed in time as they wished to speak, but he would not pry. He was a soldier, a guard, the watchdog at the border - he was not a friend, lover or brother to anyone here.

She started her contemplation on the wound, studying it, try as she did to imagine the pain, he knew there was no way she could have described it. Even he would have a hard time to do so, and he was the one who lived through it. It was beyond words. There was no way someone so young could even grasp the smallest concept of such pain. 

The silence grew for a moment after she spoke, his eye falling to the floor as he contemplated on how to explain the event. Remembering the moment. First you must understand fear. Fire is unlike any monster you could face, it is fierce, unforgiving, both living and dead. It hunts in a crawl, with a roar unlike any other, and grows with destruction. I have never felt more childlike in all my years. Utterly alone, and hunted by something I could not fight.

He had never shared his experience before, but perhaps.. this young one could learn and avoid such a fate herself should she find herself so unlucky. The pain was intense when embers latched to my face, I could only ever compare the pain like being stung by bees, over and over until the venom makes it numb. Unlike bees, fire is a curse that will follow you after, always reminding you of that day. There are no heroes in a blaze, only cowards and fools.
New Threads: closed
Messages In This Thread
You can't stomach that stuff, that's not in you - by Nieve - October 19, 2019, 04:05 PM
RE: You can't stomach that stuff, that's not in you - by Rosencrantz - November 14, 2019, 12:27 PM