Haunted Wood it's a long way down
All Welcome  November 04, 2019, 12:20 PM
Hela
Yuèlóng
Púrén
her growth has remained steady, but the declining prey numbers mean that for each inch she gains, her ribs press a little more sharply against her pelt. hunger is a relatively simple motivator, however, and her focus has shifted from honing her fighting skills to the hunt. her schedule is easy; sleep, hunt, sleep, hunt. if she's lucky, 'eat' happens once a day. 

she's late into the hunting part of her routine; around her, the sky begins to lighten. she passes over the borders, roving inland to the same place she'd had luck two days before.
November 04, 2019, 07:19 PM
Valour
Nightwalkers
Warlord*
His energy had been spent outside the territory as of late, trying to track down whatever he could and only having luck scavenging a few carcasses and managing to snag only one bit of prey, an injured bird fallen from a tree. His growth was disproportionate as it was but with the lack of food he looked lankier than normal with giant paws and a large head. He caught Hela's scent and began to follow it, having not seen the girl in some time and deciding to see what she was up to. He caught the sight of her and hurried to catch up "You look busy" he said ears perked.

3/10 mastery
December 02, 2019, 03:50 PM
Hela
Yuèlóng
Púrén
she turns at the sound of footfalls against the earth, relaxing slightly when she recognizes Valour. "you don't. hunt with me." it's blunt, but the words lack any sharpness and she knows he's certainly capable of refusing. but any smart wolf would see the value of hunting in a pair, and with so little food to go around, she'd do near anything to increase her chances, even if it meant sharing.
December 03, 2019, 03:29 PM
Valour
Nightwalkers
Warlord*
His lips twitched upward slightly at her response and he shrugged "Okay" he said and set forward slowly, sniffing at the ground and air for traces of scent and catching a fleeting few like fox, and a few more recent traces of some sort of fowl. He gave nothing away and glanced to her motioning her with his head in a "c'mon then" type of way seeing how she would respond. He was content to take the lead but if she would then for the moment he'd allow it, content to focus on the more physical aspect of things anyway. The food was needed and they'd somehow have to get along, which he struggled to do when he had no idea where they stood.

3/10 mastery
December 04, 2019, 04:46 PM
Hela
Yuèlóng
Púrén
he agrees, and when he motions for her to follow she does not without protest. she is unconcerned about taking charge, and cares only for their chances at success. she wonders, anyways, what he'll choose; the fox's scent is stale and could likely lead nowhere, though could prove a filling meal. the grouse were nearer, and they might have a better chance of success with them, but a bird was hardly as filling. falling into step beside him, it's clear she's willing to follow his lead, for now.
December 17, 2019, 04:11 AM
Valour
Nightwalkers
Warlord*
Valour paused as he sniffed out the scents, two different options and only one seeming to be worth the effort at all. He looked to her "The birds are what we'll go after. Maybe we can take two down. If not we can split whatever we do catch" he didn't leave her much time to argue or to agree, as he set off to sneak closer to their prey. The sound of rustling, flapping and various bird noises drew his focus and he crouched low looking ahead and spotting four earthy colored medium birds pecking and scraping at the ground. "We should approach from seperate sides. When they scatter, if we can keep at least two together then we take them down" he spoke softly, voice barely above a whisper as he turned to look at her over his shoulder. "Unless you have a better plan?" he asked, the normal arrogance gone and instead replaced by the tone of a man who was simply interested in the task at hand. It was all business right then, not a challenge or a game. He knew the importance of food and how bad hunger was to deal with.

3/10 mastery
December 17, 2019, 08:00 AM
Hela
Yuèlóng
Púrén
"alright," comes her answer, already moving to follow after him and the scents. it is not long before they find them, and already him hunger twists in eager hunger. his plan is outlined clearly and efficiently, and with a quick dip of her muzzle, she agrees to it. "I'll go around." 

she moved past and around him, moving around the birds in a wide semi-circle. her hunger is ravenous, but right now, only a distraction. she pushes to ignore it as she settles roughly opposite of the boy, waiting for a beat. her tail arches high and flicks sideways and she rushes forward, jaws agape and ready should any of the birds falter and grow near enough to hungry fangs.
December 27, 2019, 11:32 PM
Valour
Nightwalkers
Warlord*
Hela agreed and he nodded curtly as he pressed himself flatter to the ground waiting for her to make a move. Every muscle quivered as he watched spotting her coming up opposite and as she lunged, he went forward startling the birds and snapping his jaws back and forth so that three of them flocked toward Hela and a fourth strayed to the right of him. He grabbed the closest in the trio and yanked it back, pinning it and ripping its head only partially off before dropping it. Blood splattered his muzzle and chest and he licked his lips turning to check on Hela as he turned to go after the single straggler to make sure she had the other two. Three would be better than four and if she needed an assist he would change direction and go in to help. 


Trying to avoid PP lmfao sorry

3/10 mastery
January 01, 2020, 11:04 PM
Hela
Yuèlóng
Púrén
two are within her vicinity; these she focuses on. in a flurry of motion she sets herself upon one, seizing it in her jaws and feeling the joyous cracking of bones and arteries betwixt her jaws. it drops to her paws a moment later, critically injured yet living still, and she makes for the second. it, however, is far out of reach—caught between the two, it had chosen the only way out and headed straight up, out of reach. smart bastard, she curses, attention turning to Valour and the bird he makes for.
January 02, 2020, 04:15 PM
Valour
Nightwalkers
Warlord*
He watched as she took down one of two birds, the survivor flapping off before it could be helped. As Hela finished the caught one off he turned to bolt after the third bird lunging and catching it by the ankle swinging it back toward Hela. The bird squawked and feathers exploded as it hit the ground and rolled shrieking as he moved back toward it looking up at Hela with a quick grin as he pinned the bird by a wing offering her the kill.

3/10 mastery
January 03, 2020, 06:37 PM
Hela
Yuèlóng
Púrén
the boy does not kill the bird immediately, instead swinging it around by the wing until it hits the ground, hard. sensing the play in his motion, she darts forward before he even has the chance to pin it firmly. seizing the head in her jaws, she tugs, hard, as if the creature is a christmas cracker. joints pop, tendons breath, and suddenly the bird is limp. grin graces her muzzle for an instant, as she meets the boy's gaze, before returning her attention to the dying bird, relenting the meal to her companion. a moment later she's making quick work of her catch, hunger making her efficient as she rents the bird messily.
January 08, 2020, 03:49 PM
Valour
Nightwalkers
Warlord*
The feeling of his heart racing, the taste of blood, the sight of her returning his grin. It actually seemed to Valour that they were happy with one another in that moment. His tail wagged slowly and he dropped his gaze, keeping it to himself in fear that saying anything nice would ruin it. He blinked as she dropped the bird at his feet, taking it as a gesture of kindness that even futhered the odd sort of warmth that allowing himself not to dislike her for the moment gave him. 

Valour looked up and watched as she moved to her own and tore into it voraciously. His stomach rumbled in response and he dropped his head, ripping into the breast of the bird and devouring the meat. He growled softly as it sank in that he had caught this bird, he had earned his own right to eat this time. The thought fueled him to take bigger bites, tail wagging quickly as he made quick work of what he could fit into his stomach.

3/10 mastery