Greatwater Lake I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Watching the Witcher on Netflix gave me sooo much Rosen muse

Could it be fate? Destiny? Maybe he was just lucky. Something had to be bringing them back together over and over in such random circumstances. The brute believed in none of it and yet it was an interesting thought. He could see why some would pour their heart and soul into such trivial beliefs - it was a magical thing that made sense of the nonsense. Those who feared the unknown would cling to such stories as predestination or Gods. Unlike them, he didn't fear the unknown. 

Despite her best attempts in hiding the turmoil that took siege of her heart, the signs were hard to ignore. Even one who lacked social graces as the wet knight could tell that he had triggered her somehow with what he had said. Wallowing in silence he watched as the gears turned within her head, quietly observing and not daring to disturb her own internal war. It was like he could see it all play behind a white sheet, a play made of shadows. He couldn't make out the details, and the message was as clear as an uncut crystal. The question didn't sit well, that was for certain. Are you not? Deeply but softly he inquired, not wanting to force her to speak should she close herself off.

He knew more than most when it came to closing themselves off to the outside world. It was something he was all too familiar with. But the bird was a welcomed distraction indeed. Shifting the conversation while a more defensive nature arose within. Watching the beast fly above made the paladin weary, yearning to reach up and pluck the raven from the skies with his bare teeth. Or not.

Only now did Rosencrantz feel how stiff he had become, melting away with her confirmation that the bird was in fact, not a spy. I have never had an ally with a familiar. His focus remains on the bird, this time with less fire as he appreciated the new company among them. 

Ha, dashing. It slithered free from his maw, mocking not the woman but the irony he saw within her statement. Seeing it more so as a joke and playing along with its dark humor than anything else. Quickly brushing it off before delving into his own self-hatred and loathing. No, not now, this would be a good day. As she moved on too, he found a smile again, faint but it was present. It's the reason for my bath in the 'treacherously chilled waters of this lovely lake'. Words fluttered free, mocking her previous words playfully; his focus returned to her, those familiar deep eyes. They seemed warm. Just as you, I had gotten turned around in a bog. It's been hell finding my way back. From fights to tumbling down the side of a mountain - it was one shitty occurrence after another... Meeting you again has been the best thing before and after this journey.
New Threads: closed
Messages In This Thread
RE: I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door - by Rosencrantz - December 26, 2019, 07:41 PM