Sleepy Fox Hollow how can i convince you that it's me i don't like
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW!

Thrust between Stag's teeth was a fourteen-tined antler. He carried it warily, knowing full well the routing damage it was capable of. He carried it around as a token, a strange talisman. More than once, he had wanted to show it to his mom -- but on this day, it appeared she had coursed out of Diaspora.

He was too tired to consider following her today. Instead he sat by a tree and shuffled the antler back and forth, watching it with a distant, morbid kind of fascination.
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
When first she noticed the last remaining cub of Stigmata, her initial thought was toward how adult he appeared. Nyx let her vivid gaze linger a moment longer upon his hide, curious as to when he might make his first birthda, though her mind was swift to turn grimly toward Takiyok's lost offspring - were they still alive to experience such a celebration?

The tawny Ostrega ventured closer, trailing across the frozen snow to greet the youth with a friendly sweep of her tail. "That's quite a find," she said in effort to engage with him in light conversation, gaze finding the impressive antler that he'd been examining. 

266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag visibly jumped as Nyx spoke. He had been so engrossed in the antler and its fine points, that he had not heard her come upon him -- and missed the studious sweep of her gaze.

He looked sheepish, though his attention was soon drawn back to that ruthless artifact. A childish part of him, barely but a shallow current, prickled in covetiousness -- but the emotion was fleeting. He pushed (carefully) the antler towards Nyx, granting her full inspection of the token if she so wished.

At a loss of what to say (and still shy around adults - for Stag was in that strange nether - neither child nor adult) he only glanced upon the pale blonde she-wolf, awaiting her measure of his offering.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She had not meant to startle the gangly youth, though to see him jump at her arrival was particularly amusing. Nyx hid it well, lost behind hawkish eyes and classic resting bitch face, and she let it dissipate as the boy carefully nudged his find toward her.

Blinking down at it, the tawny Ostrega's gaze studied the sharpened tines and distinct texture, the deep mahogany hue. She imagined the beast to have shed this antler would've been a proud one, though undoubtedly less majestic in the absence of the things that made him so.

Nyx glanced upward fleetingly before her head lowered, gathering the antler between her jaws and sweeping low iinto a bow that encouraged play, and beckoned Takiyok's remaining son to join her in a game of tug with a growl.

266 Posts
Ooc —
For the scariest of seconds, Stag thought Nyx was going to take his find and run. His mouth parted, and he was about to whisper a hoarse NO!! when he realized, she was just trying to get him to play.

The guarded veil behind his eyes lifted, and a delighted focus came to life as Stag answered with a clownish playbow of his own. The tines were sharp, but Stag had been playing with it for some time. With a clumsy lunge he tried to grip one of the outer edges, ready to step back in case she swung the Very Pointy at his eyes.

They wrestled for a time over the prized object, Nyx gentle and Stag fierce but outmatched. Once he tired, she reliquinshed the toy -- and Stag hastily stowed it away at his den, a new prize to add to his small collection.

i'm gonna fade this out, cleaning up my threads that are older than a few months <3 just DM me if you'd like to continue and i can pull from archives!