Blackfoot Forest a fog rolls in
4 Posts
Ooc —
It is nightfall, an eerie enough time when one ventures into Blackfoot Forest. As if the haunting shrieks of the foxes that make the forest their home is not unnerving enough, a thick fog has rolled in. Visibility has decreased to mere feet in front of those that are unlucky enough to be trapped within the forest... Dark figures seem to move just beyond the edge of clarity, but that could simply be the swaying of the trees. The shrieks of foxes seem to have intensified, as if inspired by the chilly and misty atmosphere.
20 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
i'll be there for you
when the rain starts to pour
i'll be there for you
like i've been there before
i'll be there for you
[size=3]cause you’re there for me too[/size]

It had been a while since he had arrived in this place with his older brother. Hamied usually stuck to Cyrus like white on rice, but he’d decided he wanted to do a little bit of exploring. He’d assured his brother that he wasn’t going to go far, and that he’d cry out if he managed to get into any sort of trouble or something. Hamied knew it would do him some good to begin to learn and figure things out on his own, without always having to depend on his big brother for every single thing.

Somehow he’d managed to get himself lost just as a strange fog was rolling in. But it wasn’t the fog that began to bring fear into the very small male. He was small, like many of the wolves on his mother’s side, though not as terribly tiny as his grandmother, Fayre, had been. Regardless, though, his size left him not all that great when it came to trying to defend himself. His siblings, except Cyrus, had picked on him mercilessly, beating him up and making him cry every chance they got.

The haunting cries of the foxes began to pick up, making it sound as though they were growing in sheer numbers. This was making the lost young male afraid. So very afraid. He wanted to cry out for Cyrus, but what if it was the horde of foxes that heard him instead? Because of that thought, the very small young male hunkered down, tucking his tail tightly between his legs, and hoped with all his might that the foxes wouldn’t find him.

<div style="font-family:'Georgia'; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#e90000 0 0 5px; color:#000000">there's a hole in my soul<br>
<i>i can't fill it, i can't fill it</i></div>
10 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The ruby-eyed boy was lost. As night fell over the park Niklaus decided it was a brilliant to keep travelling despite the restricted visibility. And somehow, while he pushed himself forward, he found himself stuck in some creepy forest after the sun had fully dipped behind the horizon. While he was persistent on putting on a brave face, a flicker of fear began to burn within his stomach as he stalked through the trees, ears pressed to the back of his skull as he glanced around nervously. The youth had two options: (1) find somewhere to camp out for the night, or (2) keep moving until he found his way out. While the former was the smart choice, he knew option two was ideal for this particular situation.
As he moved, the distant shrieks of foxes sending chills down his spine, a thick fog began to weave its way between the trees. It clouded his vision, nearly making it impossible for the youth to see past the tip of his muzzle, but he kept trudging forward. He felt as though there was a cold grip on his chest, his breath coming in short bursts as he struggled to pick up his pace. It was difficult to see the trees that littered the forest – multiple times the little shadow nearly collided head first with a few – but he was persistent on finding a way out. He knew that eventually the fog had to disperse as it was only the cover of the branches that was keeping the fog in.
The distant shrieks began to intensify with each step he took; it sounded as though the foxes were closing in on him… Shaking his head frantically to himself, Klaus hurried forward, hoping that the faster he moved the quicker he would escape…
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She had come to these woods earlier in the day and finally, feeling sheltered in their depths, she had allowed herself to rest. Sleep had come to her swiftly and there she had remained -- curled into a tight ball in a dense thicket she had encountered, until the shrieking of foxes caused her to stir from her deep slumber. She arose with a disgruntled groan and found herself highly dissatisfied upon awakening.

The Rikudōu had dreamed of her time in battle. Rushing forward, jaws slung open with adrenaline coursing in her veins like river rapids, and enemies falling before her superior might. She remembered the rush and in her dreamscapes, relived it from time to time, much to her frustration because she missed it. Although these peaceful days were what they had fought to have, Ame couldn't help but feel out of a place in a way... a creature bred, raised and taught to war now without a cause to give herself to.

The distant fox screams had played into her dreams -- a fitting soundtrack to the falling of her foes until they had become just too much to bear. She arose with annoyance stitched plainly onto her dark features and with the fluidity of a dancer, she slipped into motion to streak like a shadow through the night.

'I will choke the very life out of them,' she thought as she navigated the dense woodlands, her ears still assaulted by the screaming vulpines and her eyes squinting to see despite the fog. Amekaze did not know the paths well yet, but she was well-versed in forest living so adapted somewhat. In a way, it reminded her of Shikkotsurin although perhaps less menacing. This forest sang with a voice similar to her father's home. It only made it seem even more familiar to her but this fog made matters difficult. Still, she progressed forward and the foxes grew louder. She wondered fleetingly what had them so worked up in the first place.

Then, suddenly, she found a wolf. A male, small, and hunkered down not far from the path she had intended for herself. Her lips were quick to a scowl and she breathed a hiss in his direction. Fool she thought and stiffened her tail marginally. This was not what she sought and all the while, the foxes continued their noise-making. Her patience was being tested, it seemed, although now she realized that there were more screaming voices -- eerie and to her ears, without meaning.

The other presence in the area remained undetected, but now she was paying more attention. Finding other wolves here in these deep dark woods so heavy with fog was not what she had anticipated, although perhaps it was a more interesting turn of events than she was willing to give it credit for.

c o n q u e r
916 Posts
Ooc — Steph
Backdating to prior her return home :)

Tonravik was no stranger to fog. Having been raised and trained within Unnuak Forest, she knew well enough of its ways. Fog deterred her vision, but she did not need her eyes. She followed her nose, and her ears.

The cacophony of sounds in the distance was not-at-all distracting to her. Tonravik sought the beasts out specifically, to see what the source of their madness was. Perhaps it was over a meal found. Scavengers. Well, she too would scavenge then; take the game and make it hers. There were the scents of other predators here and there. Fellow wolves. Now and again she could make out the outline of one. But she rounded her trail and kept away, not wanting to further be delayed in her hunt. Tonravik did not yet want to escape the madness. She wanted to become a part of it.
<i>kissing death & losing my breath,</i>
43 Posts
Ooc — (✿◕‿◕)
Little in and out!
She would believe it was her who brought the fog, she who came in the dead of the night, would bring in the blessed Beaver Moon as was properly fit—
xxxxThe cacophony that came with the kill! The foxes had not seen her coming, how could they! Shhhhh shhhhhhh sweetlings, she murmurs to the many dead, He will be most pleased, He will thank you for your service! Her girlish lilt was more painful than their kins screeching, and her ears fan atop her head as the fog rolls in. (You are walking. He is coming.) She hears the voices. She pauses. (You are wearing their blood. You are looking for Him. We will help you find Him. You must walk. You are walking. Now, run.)
xxxxShe is running. The Loa are dancing. Nearby to all approaching wolves is a pile of many dead foxes, a brutal sacrifice, and herbs she knew would please—the fates would soon be in her favor again!
20 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
i'll be there for you
when the rain starts to pour
i'll be there for you
like i've been there before
i'll be there for you
[size=3]cause you’re there for me too[/size]

He did his best to remain hidden, though the cries of the foxes made him want to run, to flee, to get as far away from here as absolutely possible. Part of him wanted so badly to call out for his brother, but it was fear that kept his tongue silent. He heard others out there, too, but didn’t dare call out to any of them. Hamied was afraid and wishing so very much that he was either with his older brother or back home with their parents. Either way, he did not feel safe in the least. He would not come out of his hiding place until he was absolutely sure that it was safe.

<div style="font-family:'Georgia'; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#e90000 0 0 5px; color:#000000">there's a hole in my soul<br>
<i>i can't fill it, i can't fill it</i></div>
10 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The boy could kick himself for not listening to his earlier thoughts about resting for the night; he was now regretting being so stubborn. A whine threatened to slip past his lips as he pressed forward, belly fur brushing against the cool ground as his ruby eyes darted around frantically. The sounds that filled the forest frightened the little shadow and he could not figure out which direction led to the exit of the forest. He was surrounded by the shrieks of creatures he could not put names to, and the fog that swam between the trees chilled him to the marrow of his bones. Being trapped among the trees made the youth feel even more alone – there was nobody he could run to, nobody to protect him… Niklaus was struggling to convince himself that he didn’t need anyone to swoop in and rescue him and that he could find his own way out of the forest…
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

As eerie as it was, she did not see the need to fear this time and place. The woods were dark, deep and shaded in a heavy fog while a cacophony of shrieks rang out and yet, she only felt annoyance that the foxes were squawking up such an otherwise welcome place.

So she decided to move on, after tsking towards where the wolf hid and launched her nimble body into motion. Through the fog she streaked, weaving a rapid path around the trees and deeper into the heart of it all. Her ears flicked forward and her nostrils flared. Wolf scents, new ones to her, were prevalent. Ahead she saw the figure of one appear fleetingly through the fog only to vanish again. Amekaze kept moving forward.

Her path drew her closer to the other. She could smell her better now -- female, obviously, but Amekaze had not caught a better sight of her yet. Her senses were being pulled in so many directions, so near to overwhelming as the mystery of these woods pulled in her further and further. She welcomed it.

Then again, she suddenly smelled another. A stationary presence similar to the one before. She debated approaching it at all, but already she was so very close so the Rikudōu slowed up. Why so many hid at a time like this seemed bizarre to her -- they were wild wolves! Her lips pulling tight into a scowl while she sniffed him out, hidden amongst the foliage and appearing much like a shadow himself. If not for her nose, she felt she never would have found him here tonight. Rise, koinu, and run with the night, she grated with only a momentary pause to see if he would comply. If not, it was his loss. She felt generous for stopping for him at all and wondered if he could recognize this.

Amekaze then spun on her heels and set off with a trot, pursuing the female scent first and foremost while the forest sang its hallowed tune.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
c o n q u e r
916 Posts
Ooc — Steph
Tonravik pursued, though did not yet know another was searching for her. The scent of blood became thick, and she could understand the preying of the crying foxes. But as the fog subsided for an instant and she noted the bodies—having just missed their executioner—she understood that the cries were one of mourning, anger, and hatred alike. Perhaps they would seek their revenge.

But the woman would not allow the meal to go to waste. While she was capable of the hunt, she was a lone wolf yet (having yet to return to Silvertip and establish Tartok once more, though she intended to) and would scavenge when she could to remain fully healthy. The crows sounded overhead, and she pulled a body near her with a foreleg, beginning to gorge without shame. One ear seems to cup backward, while the other shifts to the side, listening for the advance of any other as she licked fur from skin before tearing into the dead being that had been a sacrifice. Ah, and from that sacrifice, she would grow strong.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye laughed maliciously under her breath. She flourished under the blanket of night, her inky coat sucking in the blackness around her and becoming invisible--except for her eyes. Her key-lime eyes that glowed, as if always reflecting light. Whether this was was result from her mostly-deafness or not, she didn't know; but, what the female did know what that the extraordinary eyes that were set into her large skull could see in the night almost as well as if it were day-time.

The buzz of noise that flooded her ears, cause by the foxes that also roamed in her pack's territory, seemed to grow to a loud hum as a thick fog rolled in. Hawkeye cackled once more as she trailed the borders of the lands. Tonight, her newly established bloodlust was at its peak, and she wouldn't hesitate to rip out any creatures throat, even if it was her own species (excluding fellow pack members, of course).

As if cued in by her thoughts, a fox darted through the fog, about twenty yards away. The heavy wolf matched the fox's speed, cutting diagonally to meet the animal through the thick cloud that was taking homage in the forest. She leaped through the air (as she always did while "catching" beasts), coming down directly on the creature's throat and ripping it away all in one motion. Blood spilled from its neck, the fox's eyes wide and empty. Pouring from a gaping wound was a color that the female had never really favored, but now found pleasure in. She smiled wickedly, a certain sense of evil pride taking over. "Hawkeye" wasn't just a nickname for her site, but also her precision in her aim.

The red mess dripped uncleaned from her coat, making the blackness shine with wet. She moved her form on lazily, returning to her watch of Bon Dye's borders. Her next prey would be a sacrifice to Sos.
set by sophie
20 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
My last post here :)

The sounds of the coyotes was starting to get to be too much for the young male. His nerves weren’t going to hold up much longer. Between the sounds of their cries, and the scent of death in the air, Hamied was on the verge of absolutely losing himself in his mounting fear. He wanted to get away from here, to let his paws carry him as far away as absolutely possible, but he was afraid of being caught by the coyotes. Most of them were larger than him because of his tiny size, and that scared him. He knew they could so easily kill him, providing they found him, which was quite possible as well.

A shadow fell over him and it was all he could do to not cry out in absolute fear. But her words were not what he expected, though he wasn’t entirely sure just what he had been expecting. She told him to rise, to run with the night. The only running he wanted to do was run to get the heck away from here. ”Thank you,” he squeaked, pushing himself to unsteady paws. Unsteady only because of his fear. ”Thank you…” he murmured a second time before doing what he’d been wanting to do from the start… The yearling ran. And ran. Not stopping even once to look back. He wouldn’t stop until he was far away from the sounds of the coyotes screaming and the scent of death.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
my short official last post too since i would like to see this not become a dead threado so hope this counts~

She gained speed through the dark with every stride she took away from the hiding wolf and the deeper into the hunt she went. Her blood rushed and her senses drank in the stimuli. The night was beautiful, deep and full of mystery and she intended to let the feeling flow through her -- empower and enliven her.

Amekaze became the shadows and would run until she saw to the end of this hunt or the sun began to rise, whichever would c first.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »