Noctisardor Bypass Why does he look like his head is only there to keep the top of his neck warm?
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She dipped her head in greeting. It was good to have another along with her on patrols at times -- not because she felt she needed the help or anything, more because then she could make the time more useful, catch up on news and all that jazz. She found it far more awkward to stand around talking without doing anything. Good, but I think it's wise we continue to check to be sure she's gone. I've been planning to go out there and see for myself sooner rather than later. Ironic that we moved to gain space between ourselves and other packs only to have another appear and some upstart make an attempt. She trusted Whitebark Stream to at least be reasonable like Easthollow -- the other wolf hadn't bothered to check in with the neighbors, so they were probably going to be trouble even if it did make sense for them to live there.

His next statement did give her pause from scanning across the various scent trails that lined the path. Arbiter looked over, searching his expression more than anything. Her tone remained even, Little late on that one. He's been leading for years. Beta before me, alpha before me... Then a rather wry smirk, Though if you have problems with him, I can only imagine what you'd have thought of the ones who first started the pack. The smirk faded, back to practical, So tell me what brought you to this opinion? Some wolves would probably outright offended, but she'd rather have honesty (even if she thought his complaints were likely unfounded at this point) than someone griping behind their backs. There was also the question of what Kaertok wanted to get out of it -- after all, Arbiter herself had been bold about her complaints when the pack was on the Sunspire, but it was Terance who had listened and promised her things then.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he look like his head is only there to keep the top of his neck warm? - by Arbiter - January 28, 2020, 10:39 PM