Wapun Meadow I of the storm
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
A sigh and a soft apology spoken into his fur, causing a gentle laugh. Clay was such a gentle soul despite the apparent temper, he couldn't think of anyone he'd ever met quite like him. As Clay wagged his tail and shifted he tensed awkwardly and pulled his head back peering up with bright silver eyes and a broad smile "No" he murmured, his voice a hoarse whisper as he stared boldly up at the boy, loosening his hold lazily around his neck 

"You can live in Easthollow with me?"

The moment of peace shattered and his smile faded, head turning and ears pinning back. He didn't say anything, he couldn't because he wanted to say yes more than anything but he had people who needed his help. Even if those people originally caused him a lot of grief, they all wanted safety and peace just as he did. There were children who needed a leader who could keep them afloat, someone who could step in if Hela went down a bad path. "I can't" he whispered eyes sliding slowly to look miserably at Clay "They need me...in case Hela needs to be taken down or something else goes wrong" he didn't understand why it kept coming out of his mouth. For once his brain was screaming at him "You're just a kid! Why you?!" but he couldn't explain. He was sure he could do it, he was sure he could at least get the pack on the right path as long as Serem continued to work with him. "They all just want peace now that he's gone and...Hela is kind of in the way. We have two mothers..kids that need... someone who understands" he rambled anxiously, voice quivering as he feared Clay would get angry again. He turned back to look him in the eyes, his expression one of vulnerability and pleading "Please don't be mad, I'll come visit you. We'll stay in contact and-" he paused, hesitating for a moment his ears rising as he blurted "I'll even swear a personal contract, as a mercenary. If you need me I'm yours" the last bit hung in the air as he blinked, wide eyed and wondering if he had made a mistake. It was a Nightwalker custom that a mercenary would offer themselves for a service in return for....what exactly? After a moment he realized that his payment would be keeping his one friend and he wanted nothing else. Staring up at Clay he held his breath, spiralling internally into panic as the seconds seemed like eternity.
3/10 mastery
Messages In This Thread
I of the storm - by Valour - March 31, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - March 31, 2020, 05:33 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - March 31, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 01, 2020, 01:24 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - April 02, 2020, 01:36 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 02, 2020, 06:18 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - April 04, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 07, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: I of the storm - by Valour - April 08, 2020, 09:56 AM
RE: I of the storm - by Clay - April 09, 2020, 04:11 PM