Whitebark Stream our children
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 
@Kavik - set for tomorrow

Grezig sighed, stood up, stretched, turned her head to check on her children, and walked out of her den. She shook herself, doing a downward dog to stretch her tense muscles. She’d basically been laying around doing nothing for the past month since her children had been born and she was getting extremely tired of it. She was also tired of being angry at Kavik. If she were being honest with herself, the last time she’d spoken to him, she may have overreacted a bit. Or a lot, really. She sighed again, pushing air from her nose quickly in frustration. She liked to think she had a firm grip on her emotions, but somehow Kavik always made her do crazy things. No, it wasn’t fair to blame him. But he was the explanation, if not the one to blame.

She assumed he had to be nearby because he had been nearby for the last month, much to her annoyance. She gave a low howl just to let him know she wanted to speak to him, then settled down to wait, occasionally glancing backwards into the den entrance to check on her children. Their children.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The fight with Zephyr the day before had obliterated him. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He hadn't slept last night because every time he closed his eyes, all he saw was Zephyr looking at him like he was a monster and then turning to leave. He would never be able to wipe that image from his memory. Like so many other awful snap shots from terrible times in his life, it would lie in wait, ready to assault him when he least expected it. 

Finally, when the sun just began to light the sky, he had given up on trying to sleep and decided to go find something for Grezig to eat instead. It had taken him most of the morning to track down, hunt, and kill the rabbit and as he was making his way back, he heard the call for him echo across the territory. He paused for a moment, unsure if he actually heard it. But he had, and it was Grezig. All he could think was that she found out about his stolen moments with his son and now she was going to tear him a new one for it. It was totally worth it, but his heart raced regardless. 

He broke through the trees, rabbit dangling from him jaws, and trotted over to her. He dropped the meal at her feet and then took a seat. Grezig. How are you? How are the children? Maybe she would at least give him some information.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
He came to her carrying a rabbit—which could be a peace offering, or it could be his breakfast, or he could have been planning on bringing her breakfast regardless of the call. She shook her head; it didn’t matter.

’Grezig. How are you? How are the children?’

The children, she thought. Had he purposefully left out “our,” so as not to piss her off? Probably.

Our children,” she corrected, the barest hint of a smile lifting one corner of her mouth. “We’re fine,” she continued. “Alsek was having some trouble feeding but I had a healer come and look at him and he’s fine now. Pele was born a runt; she’s still a runt; she’ll always be a runt, but I will teach her to be strong, regardless.”

She waited. She knew she should apologize at some point but the words stuck in her mouth as if she’d eaten something sticky. She was too proud. 

She waited.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
our children

Alsek

Pele

He wasn't sure what to think at first except that he finally knew their names. And Grezig had still named their son after his father. It was the break he needed today. He didn't deserve these gifts, but he was too selfish not to accept them. The commotion he had heard from the den however long ago that was, when the pack's healer had rushed in all made sense now. Good, he finally said. I'm glad he—Alsek is okay. He paused. And i'm sure Pele will be strong just like you. He sighed, unsure what say. He was a little shell-shocked honestly, and amazed that he not only had a son but a daughter as well. 

You still name our son Alsek? he asked. Thank you. He wanted to ask when he could see them, but he didn't want to push his luck. He was thankful just to know about them and to hear they were all doing okay. That would keep his mood a little lighter for a few days.
I'm no good without you