Porcupine Ridge if the world was ending
29 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
All welcome, please let Reiko post first though! Minor pp, please let me know if you want it changed <3. Early morning, Mist, 11°C

Sleep had come easily for Maksim. Curled up at the foot of the ridge, tucked away within the fallen rubble, he slept soundly beside @Reiko. The heat of her body kept him warm, and Maksim felt safe with his muzzle buried in the thick white fur which clung to her swollen side.

Maksim would have remained deep in sleep had it not been for the warm light dancing along his eyelids, conjoured by the rising of the sun. Dark lashes slowly blinked open. Maksim breathed out deeply, causing the female's arctic fur to part around his warm breath as he yawned. The male felt stiff, and understandably sore. Still, his body had stopped trembling and the world had stopped spinning around him. He had made it through the night, safe and sound, thanks to the stranger who still lay curled up beside him.

"You stayed..." Maksim whispered, his voice hoarse, sounding a mixture of surprised and relieved. His tail thumped a couple of times against the rocks behind him, showing his appreciation, before he decided his back end was much too sore to express in such a physical manner. "I never got your name. I'm Maksim." He offered her with a smile, finally lifting his head from her side so that she had the freedom to get up and move if she wanted to.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It's all good!! <3

Thankfully no one had come. The stranger had stopped shivering, a good sign that he was beginning to heal - especially since he was still living and not stopped shivering because well... he was gone. No, he was breathing and every now and the shifted in his sleep just enough to keep Reiko's anxieties at bay. Huddling next to him didn't feel the same comfort it had when she was able to do so with @Yuudai or @Hiromi, even @Ibis too briefly before - but seeing as it had been a while, she enjoyed every moment of it.

The man was moving more and more until his voice cut through the silence, letting her know that he had found consciousness once more. Of course, you needed it. With him giving the space to get up, she did just that. Slowly, gingerly with some effort as the extra weight in her midsection made getting up a little harder these days. With a huff, once she was standing, the alabaster beauty felt comfortable again (now that she wasn't fighting against gravity). 

Hello Maksim~ She chimed in on cue, taking a moment to look over his wounds to make sure they were healing nicely and not infected... I'm Reiko. She smiled not only a friendly gesture to introducing herself, but pleased with what she sees. I think you're out of the woods when it comes to infections, I'll need to re-apply the poultice but you should be fine in a couple of days to go back to your usual routine.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

29 Posts
Ooc —
The female did not seem at all bothered about guarding him through the night, instead she seemed to brush it off as nothing. Still, Maksim really did appreciate her kindness, and he showed it with a smile offered to her as she shifted away from him to stand.

Maksim's ears pricked up when the white-furred female offered him her name. It was a name he instantly commited to memory, not willing to forget it after everything she had done for him. He remained still as Reiko visually inspected him and his wounds, checking over the crusted poultice that she had applied the previous night to prevent infection. Maksim smiled again when she confirmed that he should be much better after another treatment and a couple of days rest. "I can't thank you enough, Reiko, really." Maksim admitted, offering her another smile before he attempted to rise to stand alongside her.

Stiff legs and fresh wounds make it uncomfortable, and the dry poultice made it more painful as it cracked and pulled at his fur as he shifted about, but he managed to stand up none the less. Dishevelled looking and stinking of blood and dried plants, a patch of fur missing from his neck, he did not look as devilishly handsome as he might have previously, though he still showed some potential.

"Do you have the plants stashed nearby, or do you need to collect more?" Maksim asked, his maroon eyes glancing about the rocks and boulders around them. "I can help you if you like? It's the least I can do, and it would probably be good for me to stretch my legs a bit, right?" He asked her, his head tilting to one side in question as he glanced across to observe her obviously pregnant physique.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Don't fret, it's my pleasure to help the injured. Watching as the poultice cracked and probably made his still fresh enough wounds uncomfortable, the Empress' head tilted at the sight all the while listening to his offer. We can gather some fresh ones if you can... while making our way to the lake. I'd like to wash off the old stuff and apply fresh ones. If he was able to walk, all the better! A good wash to get the grime and blood off his fur would make the healing process all the quicker. 

Plus... as you can see, the less walking for me would be better. Sheepishly she turned away as the man's eyes wandered to her swollen sides. Her legs were tired from running yesterday despite the lack of her complaints, today, she hoped to take it easier and maybe leisurely take her time by one of the lake's edges.

With a quick peek up to him, Reiko began their journey to go and pick some fresh herbs for him, inviting him within the borders of her pack. I lead here, if you're with me, it'll be okay. With a tilt of her head into the desired location, she paused just enough in her strides to give him the chance to follow.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

29 Posts
Ooc —
"That sounds like a good plan, let's go." Maksim agreed, eager to get moving a walk off his stiffness. He was also eager to put some distance between him and the river pack, Kaistleoki, having not forgotten his panic the previous night before he had fainted. Luckily nothing had happened during the night, but that did not make the injured male any less nervous about a second altercation.

"You'll have to tell me what to look out for though." He admitted, having not much experience with gathering medicinal herbs. 

Reiko seemed to grow shy as she pointed out her pregnancy. Maksim had wandered about her and her current condition but had been too preoccupied with his own needs to offer any words of concern until now. "Speaking of, do I need to be worried about encountering their father while we are together? I'm sure your company was missed last night." The last thing Maksim needed was another scuffle. 

Maksim kept his pace slow, limping along behind Reiko without much hurry to allow move at her own comfortable pace. As they journeyed, the large male observed their surroundings, curious to take in the landscape whilst also being on the look out for any interesting-looking plants. Soon a strong stench reached his nose and Maksim grew visibly uncomfortable, hackles rising and his pace slowing. He did not want to go into pack territory and risk another attack. "What are you doing?" He whispered, stopping outside the invisible boundary. Reiko was quick to reassure him however. Maksim relaxed and a mischevious, flirty grin spread across his lips. 

"You mean, not only did I lay with another wolf's wife last night, but I was also tended to by a Queen?" He jested, before adding. "It almost makes these wounds seem worth while." He was teasing of course. Mostly. 

Puffing his chest out in mock-pride, Maksim followed Reiko into her territory. 
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
At least with his injury, the man should be just as slow as Reiko and appreciative of the sluggish pace as she was too! For once, she wasn't truly holding anyone back in their gate and instead they strode along in a peaceful saunter as her eyes scanned the ground for any useful herbs. That's not a problem, goldenrod is pretty easy to find with its tiny bright yellow flowers. They cluster at the top of a green stalk-like stem. It's pretty tall too, can't miss it. Goldenrod was also pretty popular in the vale so it just took a quick glance for either of them to spot it eventually.

You're my patient, an injured individual I am taking care of - he should be fine~ Even if it was somewhat a lie, she had to keep a cool and leveled head. It was unlikely that @Takeshi would come by and cause a scene if someone else was with her, especially if they explained it... but even then, they had to be lucky enough to hopefully avoid him.

It was a natural hesitation on his end as he refused to cross the borders at first. With a little coaxing, he was quick to cross over with a few compliments fluttering by that didn't go ignored by the lady in white. Feeling a little warm under her coat, a blush, she tried to hide her face from him by tuning away while trying to hide a little smile. With her extra girth lately, she felt less than attractive and his words somehow had given her a little self-esteem boost. Don't make it sound so scandalous Maksim- She laughed off her bashful feeling. I was keeping you warm, that's all.
Healing (2/6)

29 Posts
Ooc —
"Tiny yellow flowers.." Maksim hummed to himself, his gaze now focusing on the taller plants that they passed by in search of something that matched Reiko's detailed description. For a moment he thought he spotted something, and darted off -limped- to one side to investigate. "Uh, just a dandelion." He called out with a slightly disappointed huff, before returning to trail behind the more experienced healer. 

Maksim nodded and offered Reiko a relieved smile when she explained that her husband would not be bothered by her absence last night. "Good, because I don't think I last long in a scuffle right now." He half-joked, flashing her a grin. It was true though, if an angry husband were to show up, Maksim would have little other option than to roll over and display his throat. It would have been embarassing to say the least, given his large size. 

"I'm joking, of course!" He teased with a laugh. Really though, it had been nice to be on the receiving end of a kind gesture. It had been a while since he had been able to rely on someone else. Remembered back to her mention of leading, Maksim asked. "So, tell me about your pack? How long have you led here?" It was something that interested Maksim. It was always good to know your neighbours and what they were like.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
A lot taller than that, they will almost tower over you by now! Once she could show him what goldenrod looks like, certainly he would see the stark difference between dandelions and goldenrod other than the bright yellow flower! It should take much longer for them to spot the plant before hitting one of the many small bodies of water littering the vale, even now she was a little surprised that they hadn't already.

I'd be pretty disappointed in anyone who will do so when you are clearly my guest - we value peace here after all. Though she wasn't certain how she would react should that ever happen; how would she punish the perpetrator? Would others accept a punishment to attack someone who was clearly with the Empress on a peaceful walk? Certainly, things that would have to be dealt with if they ever came to be.

Of course, he was joking! That didn't mean she was any less wary of anyone hearing such accusations even if it were playful! What if Takeshi had heard him say such a thing? Even with her around he would surely be mad at hearing such a declaration which sounded so... naughty in the way he worded it. But he didn't know, and she wouldn't fault him for it.

Now that the conversation had shifted, he asked a question she had not thought of. How long had they been here now? Hmm.. Not very long. A few moon phases now I suppose. Spring was almost done and time was passing faster now than ever before in her short 2 years. We settled here after our previous pack disbanded, a group of refugees and friends who simply wanted to remain together. We have a sister pack neighbouring here with whom we tried joining before settling here, but they were too full for all of us to join. So we branched out, remaining close to them but making our own little home.
Healing (2/6)