The Sunspire sidesplitting sharpness
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'm gonna page @Aleera for this, but if any other aspiring healers wanna jump in, that would be welcome too she just may be crabby if she attracts too much attention lolol
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

A few days had passed and in private, she tended her injuries left on her by the silver Creek wolf. All of her own doing, of course, she made sure to keep away from too many others so not to inspire too much curiosity. She mended gradually as bleeding turned into scabs and bruises bloomed on her aches, but on the whole, she was.. alright. It mainly perturbed her that the bulk of her cuts were on her neck, shoulder, and leg -- all rather undesirable places, and some of which were difficult to tend. Especially the ones on the back of her neck.

But today dawned and she rolled to awareness sometime late in the afternoon. It was muggy, albeit with fair skies, and she still hoped it may come to a stormy climax later on. She shook out her fur (for it was much messier than it was when she spent time with Ferdie..) and trudged to the nearest creek for a drink and a rinse. Once that was done she would properly begin her day, even if she was getting off to a late start.

So she got her dark furs all soaked and stood dripping beside the waterway, still feeling.. too warm, as well as sore (but that one was to be expected, at least). Ame didn't shake away the excess; she liked the sensation of the water on her skin, even more so right now than she normally did. Her expression was furrowed and soon she slumped down to a sit, so not to aggravate her healing leg any more than necessary, and pondered this feeling of..."off".

With her ears angled back, she willed the sensation away with a frown. It remained, and her head felt cloudy and unpleasant too, almost like she was sleep deprived when she most certainly was not. She was beginning to suspect a fever.. and the humidity wasn't helping her either. So with a grimace and a grumble, she reluctantly picked herself up and dredge tiredly alongside the small creek.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera was in the process of finding the perfect location for a herbal cache near enough to the creek so for various reasons, the main one being dehydration. There were certain condition that she knew of where dehydration was an issue. As she searched her eyes travelled back and forth every so often she made sure she wasn't wandering so far as to get lost. On one of these occasions Aleera glanced toward the creek just a few hundred meters away, her eyes were drawn to a dark ball of fur that was lumbering along the creek side. Pausing mid stride she looked closer with her silver orbs, suddenly recognizing Amekaze. Tilting her head, she began a slow pace toward the other fae, although she looked rather glum. Aleera could not fathoms what had her appear in such a way, but as she got closer her eyes travelled toward the scabs on her form. Narrowing her eyes slightly, Aleera chuffed to the poor female, clearly she had been in a scrap with someone, over what she had no idea, right now that wasn't the biggest concern. "Amekaze... Are you alright?" She knew that she wasn't, but would give her an opportunity to confess on her own accord, hoping that she wouldn't be stubborn and lie.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Her forward progress was far from quick, nor was it even particularly fluid as she usually traveled. Instead it was a heavy gait, one made uneven by a sore leg and while it was warm out, she panted too much for someone still all slicked in creek water.

Somewhere along the way, she became aware of a familiar agouti wolf. Her ears stayed angled back although her stare focused, despite the burn in her head. Aleera, she greeted in a gritty voice, one not yet used today. And naturally, the fellow Sunspire female picked up on her.. less than stellar condition. Ame grumbled in response -- the wolf equivalent of a vague hand gesture indicating her unwillingness to say too much.

Been better, was the best answer she would muster, and as she said it, she angled her wounded shoulder Aleera's way so that it could speak for itself. Her scabby nape was only a further indication of what bothered her. However, she was not quick to say much about the.. suspected fever (but she was still panting, so it was probable that the female could infer as much). She was still hoping to have this pass soon, hopefully within the next few hours. Amekaze could tolerate aches but not this too.

Sometimes you just need to die a little inside in order to be reborn,and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera raised her head slight and let out a huff, "I can see that..." Having seen Ame at her best, Aleera knew something was off, more than just the wounds on her neck, leg and shoulder. The heavy inhale and exhale of breath was the first sign to notify Aleera to an underlying problem, "Let me guess... Your tired even if you've slept for hours? Your head feels to heavy? And you feel as though you are approaching the sun?" They were all hypothetical, she could tell that it was a fever, and she assumed it was from an infection of a wound that had not been cleaned properly, perhaps one that was just out of reach. "Come, lie down, before you fall down and I don't have to tell you to watch you leg. If you'll let me I can help with the wounds and help stop the infection, but that fever has to do it's part to. Believe me or not, but it's doing more good than harm at the moment." While her 'den' side manner wasn't particularly good she always told the truth when it came to another's health. While she had only made a few suggestion, Aleera hoped that the fae would heed her advice and allow Aleera to help...
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She made a wrinkled-up, frowning face in light of all her displeasure. The edges of her expression hardened into a tired scowl as Aleera posed her questions, some of which made Amekaze wince by how accurate they sounded to her current strife. The heavy head, the tiredness, the warmth like she was sitting in front of the sun... She nodded with a defeated sigh, stepped a little closer, then dropped her haunches to the dirt.

The dark Rikudou listened with ears turned Aleera's way. She was cut and dry, straight to the point. While perhaps too blunt for others, she could tolerate no less. I did not know.. you were a healer, she rumbled. Healers had been few and far between at her first home, although many wolves, herself included, were imparted with the knowledge of the basics at least. She could find some things to chew on to dull pain and slow bleeding, but it was not much, and she was in no mood to go through the motion to find those things now. Oftentimes she just toughed it out and hid until whatever bothered her passed.

Which was evidently about what she had to do with this.. fever. Wait it out. While Ame didn't know they were doing good, in their own way, her fuzzy head was too clouded to contemplate why exactly. It was likely why her prior tactics of just waiting for it to go away had worked decently enough. What can you do? she asked. Does it take long to.. hm, run its course? she mumbled.

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Watching as she sat on her haunches Aleera took a step forward, giving her a sharp look, "You had better not attack me." She said getting up close and personal to take a look at the wounds. It had happened in the past where her kin had attacked her when she was trying to help, which had lead to a few scars on her muzzle and hidden beneath her fur. "I...I'm more of an aspiring healer." Most of her experience was from battle's with other's in her natal pack, "The elders from my previous pack taught me enough." She admitted. Inspecting a gash on the back of her neck, it looked rather gruesome, more so than the others the scab was different from the others, the colour was off more yellowish than red or pink. Snorting and taking a step back Aleera sat back on her haunches, "I am not sure how long the fever will take to run it's course, with my aid I would guess two to three days. But it depends on the severity of the infection. Do you have a den or a preferred sleeping area? You may be more comfortable there. Although remaining near the creek would allow you to have easy access to water, I can assure you that sleeping it off is easiest and when you awaken you will be extremely thirsty." She left the decision up to her for where she would prefer to sleep, either was Aleera needed to find the proper herbs.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She was still and silent in the face of Aleera's warning, only moving to lower her neck down to further expose the wound buried there in the mess of her longest fur. Naturally, even in the summertime, she kept the wildest coat across the back of her neck. While she may not be overly close and Ame a naturally reclusive, solitude-seeking creature, she had trusted in Aleera before, and would resign to do so again. She would behave, although depending on the course of this in store for her (because she was not used to anything being done to her), it may be a test of her patience. Maybe Aleera's too..I will not. Just.. do not spread word. She squeezed shut her eyes, trying to find the best way to phrase this. To Ferdie, or Jace. I will heal, and will not worry them.. she grated, seeking Aleera's confidentiality in this for she was seeing her at what she hoped would be her worst.

Ah. Still better than nothing. I only know a little, myself, she sighed, licking her dry lips from panting. In my old home.. we did not treat much. Wounds would often be dire enough to kill a wolf anyway. Her brother had been a good example. Even with attentive healers, would he have recovered? Unlikely. She fought the urge to shift uncomfortably at the memory; being sore and needing tending like this was making her think of him, and her sister, and all the times they had been at each others throats.

She tried to stay still. That one is not easy to clean. she grumbled. Her messy hair didn't help any, often sticking into the wound. And it is partly.. a reopening of an older wound, in a place where I was bruised badly as well. One from a few weeks ago.. another Creek ばかやろう, she growled, finding the words falling too liberally suddenly. She was too hot, too.

Attempting to gather herself, she went on to say I sleep in the trees.. which did not come out right. Not in the trees themselves, necessarily, but the dense thicket of woods nearby. There was an attempt at a gesture that way; it wasn't far. The mossy roots.. so no den. The creek is fine, she agreed with a small nod.

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera having taken a step back to sit in front of the fae she nodded, "I will not disclose anything you wish not to be known." She was not one to give out info, although there were some questions that she had although it looked as though the poor female would rather curl up into a ball and sleep. "Although, from what I can tell they care for you." It was and offhanded remark, but she watched her reaction. Aleera knew that Ferdie would be very worried as would Jace, but she conceded for now.

"Creek wolves? And what were you doing near them? Especially with an injury no matter how minor." She made a face as if to raise her brow, looking pointedly at her with a hint of amusement. "I would advice you stay away from them for the time being Amekaze. Even if you feel up to it." Aleera knew she could not control the other fae both because of their respected ranks but also, her nature.

Chuckling softly, "Sleeping in the trees would be rather difficult, no?" Standing once more, she nosed Ame softly imploring her to stand, "Come let's get a little closer to the creek. Where you can get comfortable before I go and search for the herbs I have need of." She stood alongside the fae waiting for her to take the first steps.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She nodded weakly although was inwardly very satisfied by Aleera's answer. Ame went on to splay her ears at her additional comment; they did care for her, Ferdie especially. He'd bulldozed Danica for sinking her teeth into her and she didn't want to think about his reaction to Shadow, even if it had been a happening of her own choice. They do.. but Ferdie has enough to worry about. And he.. she shut her mouth before the thought finished. He had the pups and their mother and the whole rest of the pack. Ame and her shenanigans had no place in his concerns right now.

She had almost expected the next bit, especially after mentioning the Creek wolves. With reluctance she took the words as they were. I was not all that near.. but things happen. And much of her wounds from Danica had been healed well enough for her to not worry about it any longer. Twisting and turning and having new teeth sink into her skin had undone it. Mhm, but they make it too easy to enjoy.. roughing them up, she mentioned with a tired smirk. She was obviously not going to be starting any trouble in the near future now though, despite it becoming a fairly satisfying hobby.

She grumbled something that didn't quite make it into words, and wrinkled her face up at Aleera's humor towards her poorly-worded statement. My preferences are not for everyone, after all, she deadpanned in turn, her own humor weakened by the heat. Then she had to focus; getting up took way more effort than it had before. She lurched awkwardly to her feet and stood frowning for a moment before she was ready for walking. Ame was viciously thankful for Aleera's word to not disclose this. She felt horrible, and having someone else, even a trusted someone, for an audience did not help. The dark wolf hobbled carefully. When I am better.. I can help replenish your herbs, she grumbled as she plodded towards the creek, although she would need her guidance in what was needed. It was the least she could offer in return.

As soon as she reached the creek, she slumped back down in a motion with no grace whatsoever. She stayed as she was, too tired to do anything about it except wait.

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera nodded her head slightly, "Perhaps you need someone to worry about you for once." She said as they walked closer to the water's edge, she was no councilor, but she knew that everyone needed someone to worry about them sometimes. "It is true that a lot had changed, some of which I could never really understand. But don't forget that you are still Ferdie's pack-mate and from what I can tell one of his closest friends, how would he feel if you kept this from him, hmm?" She spoke in a quiet tone, not meaning to stress her out anymore than necessary. "But I guess it's not my place to say..." She left it hanging, trying not to overstep. She chuckled, "Yes, they do make it rather easy don't they, but unfortunately, you must build the suspense for the time being. They will have to wait in fear for you to recover." She said nudging her slightly, with amusement alight in her eyes.

"There is no need to worry about my herbs, Ame, that is what I'm here for." Aleera made sure that the other female was somewhat comfortable before she started to leave, "I shall return shortly."

Turning toward the trees she went in search of the plants she thought best for this situation, dragging out the lessons from her elders there were two plants that came to mind right away. Searching for a purple and green plant, as well as a small white and green plant. Her eyes were glued to the ground as she searched for Thyme and Yarrow. She wasn't sure how long it was going to take her to find the two plants, it was a while before she caught the sight of purple out of the corner of her eye. The stop immediately and turned slowly so as not to lose the spot. As she moved toward the plant she nudged it with her nose and scented the plant, before taking snapping some off and chewing on it, the bitter taste signified Thyme, exactly what she was looking for. Taking three stems from the root trying not to disturb the plant.

As she walked away from the plant with the stems hanging from her mouth she went on her search for the Yarrow. Her eyes scanned the forest floor swiftly, wondering how long this would take. The sun barely made it's way to down to the ground making her search that much harder, Aleera tried to ignore any sounds nearby in hopes of finding the plant swiftly. Growling in frustration, Aleera was more than frustrated she had searched for longer than was necessary she was starting to thing that perhaps there was none in the immediate area when a white flower caught her attention. There was no doubt that this was Yarrow, glad that she had found it, she released the Thyme in her maw and plucked the Yarrow that she needed from the branch. Picking both the Thyme and the Yarrow up she made her way back to Amekaze.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She grumbled. He will know, in time.. he just does not need to see that it is... like this, this bad, she jerked her muzzle towards her chest, a clear indication of.. the hot mess she was feeling like, all bared for Aleera to see whether she liked it or not. Which frankly she didn't even like, however unavoidable it was unless she intended to simply wait it out and hope for the best. I do not care for anyone knowing, honestly. But Ferdie. He would worry too much, she concluded, and recalled Swiftcurrent's residents with as much mischief as she could muster. She nodded, agreeing to letting the suspense build.. not like she had any choice.

She had settled as comfortably as she could, resting quietly after a low chuff to Aleera's words; she said not to worry about her herbs, but Ame would make good on it eventually, and help at some point or another. Her interest in Naturalism could benefit from a better understanding in herb lore after all, even if she tended more towards nature's energies and the weather, and less about plantlife. However now she was in no position to be doing anything about it. Her heavy eyelids eased shut and she waited.

Over the nauseating buzz in her head, she listened for the sound of Aleera's return. It didn't matter any to her how long she took, as she was not feeling very aware of time's passing right now anyway. She tried to relax in the meantime.

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera hadn't realized how far she had ventured into the vegitation until she was making her way back to the creek. As she broke through the trees she could see the black fur of the women she had left, precisly where she had been left. As she made her was closer Aleera let out a light chuff to warn the fae of her approach, with a calculating gaze over the other wolf she could tell that with each passing moment shew as becoming weaker. Sighing slightly she went to work making a paste of sorts from the herbs she had collected and the water from the creek. "The thyme will settle the stomach, help you sleep, and encourage your body to sweat, helping to eliminate toxins and bring down a fever. While the yarrow will help any swelling and prevent further infection from setting in..." She couldn't be sure if Amekaze was listening of not, but she spoke anyway. "I have set aside some thyme leaves for you to chew on if your stomach is perticularily rocky, but do not swallow them." Her voice was rather firm, as she nudged the small bundle of stripped leaves toward to opposite female. "May I?" She asked for permission before trying to approach to continue mending the wounds a top her neck. The other injuries seemed to be healing well on there own, so Aleera gaze them no mind for now, maybe later when the fever had broken.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She was weakening. Her strength had waned significantly since she had settled, and this was only realized when she moved to lift her head -- it felt like it weighed at least thrice as much as it should. She groaned.

Since her ears didn't strain her, she angled them Aleera's way to hear the words and attempt to absorb their whole meaning. Thyme, help you sleep (this one interested her a lot), stomach, yarrow, swelling, infection, don't swallow... so on. She nodded, although much of the motion was probably lost since her head wasn't exactly lifted in the first place.

Ame could smell the herbs, their aromas were strong to her sensitive nose, and blearily she tried to peer at them through squinted eyes. Mhm, she grunted and attempted to shift herself so to make it easier, both for Aleera and herself. Go ahead she thought, although the thought never formulated into words.

Delicately, she reached her muzzle towards the herbs, the thyme specifically, and slowly chewed. Thinking about the undesirable taste would serve well to distract her while Aleera tended her ugliest of wounds.

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
Aleera was slightly worried at the weak response from Amekaze. "Alright Ame." She whispered gently as she came forward slightly so that she was within reach of Ame's neck. Treating the wound that best she could, she applied the paste she had created from Thyme and Yarrow hoping that it would work the way it was supposed to. When she was satisfied with the application Aleera pulled back, taking a few steps back, and maneuvering herself alongside the other female. Laying he head down next to Ame's, Aleera had done all she could think off, now it was a waiting game, she wouldn't leave the sick woman instead she would try and lend as much comfort as was needed. Remaining close by, she did not speak, and she did not move, she only waited, her kind caring heart worn on her pelt, such things could only be seen in the presence of the young and the sick, she waited for her friend to awake and hopefully begin to heal.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i figure we can fade this one out here! i liked this thread even if ame is miserable haha

Although she had no strength for the words, she was grateful. Very grateful for the attentive Aleera and her knowledge, which she now knew would benefit the pack greatly just as it was in the works to soothe her. She needed her rest, and was probably a better patient this way anyway, for she could offer no complaints as Aleera did what she must. Sleep came, better than it had earlier, and heavier to boot here underneath the watchful attentiveness of the medic. Her last thoughts before darkness were simply willing this fever to leave. It had worn out its welcome in this body of hers.

She lost the minutes, and perhaps even the hours. Only when she awoke would she get her followup and likely have more coherent words of thanks then.

84 Posts
Ooc — Kaitlyn
sounds good to me...This is my last post, not sure if you want to post again or what... *shrugs*

Aleera could feel the shifting of Amekaze beside her a small smile would grace her features as she waited for such a time that the other female might awaken. She knew that it would take time for the fever to break and was glad that they were near the river when it did in fact break. For now she would occupy her thoughts with ideas for the future and the tiding that would come, until finally sleep claimed her.