Firefly Glen but when i go to sleep at night, don't you call my name
i found brimstone in my garden,
i found roses set on fire
107 Posts
Ooc —
tiercel crossed her forelegs primly and canted her head. "did it not? why shouldn't it?" she crooned, hearing her own intrigue in her question and deeply curious as to why the smell of blood would trouble him. "vultures follow me in the daylight. delightful, to have a devoted following." she sounded somewhere between vexed and charmed. mostly vexed. a receptionist's smile curved her lips.

if anything, he should have taken a great predacious interest, and she was unconvinced this wasn't his reason for stealing through the grass all anguine and sneaky. besides, the blood swathing her smelled no different than a maimed, rouged rabbit or deer's blood spoor as it staggered through the pines—they all bled the same. suspicion peopled her mind, and again she swiftly read their surroundings for auxiliaries.

clever strategy: shove the pithless cadet out as bait, then narrow in. 

no wolves silhouetted against the treeline waiting to descend on her. contemplating this, she briefly lapsed into silence until her focus snapped back to riley as he spoke, and not just that, but in speaking sought an answer to a question that she had no real answer for. his argus-eyed stare devouring the features of her frame suddenly felt as debauching as—

a muscle in her cheek jumped but she otherwise maintained her nonchalance. in the shadows, her black tail switched with edginess. "esmé." she firmly refused to exist as a paean to her father's brutalism against her mother, and the name bequeathed to her from a prêtresse noire in the south flowed from her tongue like wine; as though she had perhaps been used to going by it for quite a long time. 

either way, tiercel and all the girlish innocence she possessed had died manifold times under the heft of that man, and she would not resurrect the dead on her tongue tonight.

"i would ask yours, but, y'know, reasonable doubt, et cetera." she strode closer to him with a casual air of abstruseness. esmé leaned near him and squinted openly towards riley's face, then cringed backwards with mild horror at what was screwn across the bridge of his snout.

"do you want me to tell you, or would you rather not know?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: but when i go to sleep at night, don't you call my name - by Tiercel - June 23, 2020, 03:07 AM