Grouse Thicket Where the wild things are.
194 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She does not probe for answers. If he is not comfortable with his story then that is answer enough, really. It did not look like a fresh wound so she presumes it happened during his infancy, which would explain his stunted behaviour as well - trauma manifested differently in each person, and being treated somewhere privately for an extensive period of time at that age would cripple him socially. He seemed addled; but she accepted what was shared, and gave another little nod.

Stryx has her own stories she will not share and she is sympathetic. Her scars were not physical so her issues were easier to hide from strangers, but they were there. When the boy connects the scar to his family she feels a tension set in her jaw, and is mindful to release it before she gives herself a headache. Family should not be a burden in her opinion - but one does not get to choose their bloodline.

I can teach you of the herbs. She offers, her voice slightly more friendly, maybe a little soft. I was schooled in the use of plants as remedy for most of my own youth. It... Was not by choice, initially. You could learn to heal others the way I do.

It has been a while since Stryx has had an apprentice and she doubts he has the stomach for all the work given his visible history with trauma, but she could try to instill some of the basics. It would fulfill the goals of the Order while giving him something new to focus on.
Messages In This Thread
Where the wild things are. - by Stryx - June 13, 2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Caligula Wolf - June 20, 2020, 05:36 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Stryx - June 28, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Caligula Wolf - June 29, 2020, 12:29 AM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Caligula Wolf - July 15, 2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 08:19 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Caligula Wolf - July 15, 2020, 09:26 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 09:50 PM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Caligula Wolf - July 16, 2020, 10:13 AM
RE: Where the wild things are. - by Stryx - July 16, 2020, 04:08 PM