Whitebark Stream Lumiere, darling.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
Time alone with @Dawn came rarely but, now that their cubs were weaned from mother's milk and could be supported by pack-mates, it was something that Artyom hoped would come more often. So when the Whitebark children were settled for the night and Daylily dropped by to watch over them, the gilded Alpha was eager to spirit his silver Queen away to share in her company.

"I've missed this," he crooned to her as they roamed along the stream's edge, his dark eyes following the dancing movement of Summertime fireflies as they floated through the air, "I've missed this with you." He loved their pups, the family that they'd made together - but their love had come swift and without warning. There was still so much he had to learn about her, and Artyom was always searching for more.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the shadow of night is made almost magical by the sparks of light that flit through the air around them, leaving little trails in the dark. she presses against her mate as he speaks, light sigh leaving slightly parted lips. "so have I," she agrees easily, gaze shifting to land on him. 

lips curl in a soft smile. "though it feels almost selfish, to want you all to myself -- you've done so much, artyom, for this pack, this family, for me." she could never have imagined that their first meeting would result in this; that he would become the rock she could trust and love fully.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She turned to him, eyes of liquid bronze soft beneath her lashes, and the curve of her smile brought forth one of his own. Artyom eased their pace to halt by the river side so that she could press her flank to his, and he was content to bask in the serenity of this rare moment. 

"Selfish?" He scoffed, feigning outrage at the mere suggestion that Dawn Morningside could ever think only of herself. "You? Never. I am all yours." Artyom, despite the strain on him by recent ill fortune on their pack, hoped she knew that. He'd been sole Alpha in the long months since Dawn stepped down to provide the best start for their brood, but he hoped he'd provided adequate support for her first and foremost. "I'd do anything for you, Dawn."

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the corners of her muzzle curve upward in a grin, her leathered nose poking at his shoulder playfully. despite it all, the deaths, the disappearances, he has remained, steady and unchanging. sometimes, she almost expects to wake up form this, alone again, for surely something, someone as good as him had not come into her life to stay. everything else had been taken or left, but Artyom; even in her moments of fear, of worry, something told her he was the exception. 

"you have," she murmured, "with you, our family — I'm happy. more happy than I've been in months, years. you — I love you, Artyom." it was something she did not think her voice could ever fully express, even as she pressed near to him, chest full not with grief, or guilt, or loss as it had been so often, but bright and brimming with warmth.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He looked at her with quiet affection, reflected on how far he'd come since his return to the Teekon and how much they'd grown together. He thought fondly of the pack they led and the cubs they'd welcomed, and as always he wondered how he had been so lucky to find her. For so long, Artyom had been sure that the ache of losing Anastasia so suddenly could never fully heal - until Dawn came along to be the balm he'd needed.

She "booped" her nose among the pale fur of his shoulder and, with a playful rumble, the Alpha shifted to mouth the peppered guard hairs along her nape. They settled together on the riverbank and Artyom's gaze sought that of his mate once more, as his dense tail swept across the pebbles at his rear.

"I love you too," he told her easily, knowing it to be true right at the heart of him. His courtship of her had come so fast, so sudden, and he regretted nothing. "I am glad you chose me that night," he added, with a suggestive arch of his brow at the memory.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
together they slowed, stopped, came to rest on the riverbank. the huntress leans toward her mate, preening carefully the sun-touched fur behind his ears, gaze half slitted as she sinks into the ease of this moment, the gentle quiet. around them, crickets and frogs chirp and trill, a simple orchestra. 

"I will always chose you," she murmurs, "again and again." she preens carefully the gentle curve of his ear, withdrawing a moment as her muzzle curves in a gentle smile. "I'm glad you chose to stay a while," she offers a low hum, deep in her chest, as she places a careful kiss on his cheek, pressing near to his warmth.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
With his mate's words there came a stirring in his chest, a happy little flutter of his heart as it skipped a beat. What good had he done in his lifetime to have earned such a she-wolf to share this remainder with him? Each day she gave him reason to carry on, something worth coming home to.

"Hmm," he closed his eyes, exhaled a soft breath, and leaned into the sterling huntress' affection. She chose him, as he chose her. Their mateship had happened so suddenly, as had their admission of love, and although Artyom at times felt afraid that he would be forced to sacrifice it once more, he enjoyed the part he played in its growth.

Long may it be so.

She spoke again, and an earthen eye cracked open with a mischievous glimmer. "Yes," he answered with a beat of laughter, as he moved in attempt to shoulder her onto the ground beneath him - so he might pepper her chin and throat in playful kisses, "just a while!"