Whitebark Stream I walk a lonely road....
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
All Welcome 
@Satya 

Surya's fading presence left her with increasing anxiety. 
Something was wrong. To avoid her was one thing...if she had done something wrong, pushed too fast. But to leave the pack alltogether? With no word, not to her, to Artyom, to his brother? It wasn't like him. As the weeks flowed on a fear gripped Aphrodite. Surya was in danger. Or perhaps, already dead. 
The second thought was almost too much to bear. She had lost so much- her family, her friends, Minnow; to think of losing Surya too shattered her. 
She anxiously began pacing the boundary of the territory, pushing aside even her own terror at leaving the pack lands, despite the fear of Donovan finding her, to search. But she was not a fighter. She was not a scout. She was a healer who's pack depended on her. 
So despite the anguish, she returned to her den, terrified and alone. 
Tonight she completed the same routine, chest heaving with tears. She lay in front of his den, afraid to disturb it, afraid...her mind a mix of What if he never comes back? And When he comes back he'll want his den kept safe. Finally the emotions reached an unstoppable point and her head tilted back, a long, keening wail breaking loose from her chest.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she'd been teaching juniper to identify various tracks when the call broke out, sorrow-filled and keening. the matriarch pauses, instructing her daughter to return to the den (and hanging back a moment to ensure she actually moves in the right direction) before changing course, finding her way to the healer in a few moment's times. 

"aphrodite," she greets, pressing into the clearing. a den, not hers, but instead Surya's, judging by the scent here. brow furrows, gaze shifting from the woman to the empty den (and fading scents) and back again. "what's happened?" comes her query, though truly, she already knows.
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Dawn's approach is welcome,  and she gets to her paws, pressing her brow to the shewolf's shoulder. 
For a moment she stands there, sobbing quietly, her heart feeling as though it's been torn out of her chest and replaced with a rock. 
Finally, she collects herself enough to speak. 
"Surya's missing. He's been gone for almost a month. I've looked everywhere...Dawn, What if something bad happened? What if he's hurt? What if he's alone out there, dying, and I...I can't...I can't lose anyone else!" Her breath came out in gasping, heart wrenching sobs.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
gone a month. her throat tightens; with all the ill-fortune, she'd assumed he'd been out scouting, or hunting. she ought to have paid more attention, she ought to—

something greater stirred, and the matriarch exhaled, pushing it down. "did he give any reason for being out of the territory? any indication of where he might have gone?" she remains close by the woman, a literal shoulder to cry on, but she does not allow a trace of worry, panic, to show. she's been through this far too many times already, made too many mistakes to let her handling of this be another one.
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
The strength her leader loans is what makes her love this pack. 
"He was supposed to be hunting." She gasps out, trying to quiet her sobs. 
"I followed his scent south towards the mountains...I would follow it but I'm needed here, and ive never been good at tracking and would probably just get myself lost...And after what happened this spring..." 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she is silent a moment, considering. given her experience with sudden disappearances, in her heart, she doesn't hold out much hope. she shifts, weighing her thoughts, and then speaks. "my first mate — he vanished a year ago. I searched for weeks, but I never found him. sometimes people vanish from our lives, sometimes, it's cruel, and random." she will not give their healer false hope, for she knows how much it burns. 

"but we will do all we can to find surya. I'm going to easthollow soon, I'll ask about him there. if we don't have scouts who can look for him now, perhaps our allies do." she's not been over the mountains in a few seasons, does not know the situation beyond them. she is no longer the boundless adventurer of her youth, and the uncertainty is almost grating. "you stay here. we need you, aphrodite, and surya might come back." sometimes, they truly did. more than anything, she did not want the healer to come to more harm outside their borders.
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She falters at Dawn's words. Her sobs, finally quieted a bit that her speech isn't broken or halted, turn to sniffles. 
"I've lost so many people. Sometimes I wonder if I must have angered the gods somehow. Everyone I love leaves me. " Shes bitter, heartbroken and frustrated. 
"How did you cope? How do you move on? I...I don't want to think about him...dead or dying...I don't want to move anything in his den...I don't want to move on, maybe someday love another. I can't sleep, I barely eat..." She was in a state, that's for sure. 
Her tail wagged excitedly when Dawn suggested traveling over the mountains. 
"Thank you! Oh Dawn...I'll make sure the pups are taken care of, Juniper really likes me, and I'm sure the other ones will be easy to keep track of. You'll let me know if you hear anything?" 
So When you go through the mountains, by the time you get through, The Saints will be in Redsand Canyon. @Donovan Azura really wants to Whump Dawn, and with Dite's history it could make some interesting threads.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
it is rare, to find a love that does not leave. her mind drifts to her mate; with all that's happened, all those who have left, she ought to doubt, or fear the same from him. but there is a certainty in Artyom that has her entirely certain that he will remain by her side, immovable. 

"you do all you can. and if that is not enough, then you hurt for a while, but all wounds fade. you move on because you have to, but before that, we'll do what we can to find him." you moved on, or you became stuck in the past, which was a death in and of itself. 

she nods. "I'll leave to Easthollow soon; then I'll ask at Legion." she shifts, "if something's happened, someone will know something." finding out who was a different matter entirely. she still had no answers for the disappearance of her ex-mate and children, all these months later. only Artyom know the full story as she knew it.

at the mention of juniper, her muzzle curves in smile. "she's started stockpiling all the mint she can find - she's enchanteded with you," she says, having grown used to the taste and smell of it at the rendezvous. a bit more variety, perhaps, might be nice.