Totoka River annan water
11 Posts
Ooc — Zaely
Private 

The dark wolf had opted to leave the island today for his hunt. Although he enjoyed the taste of the saltwater that lingered on the scales of a freshly caught ocean fish, he craved the taste of freshwater fish. And the river at which he had met Huā seemed appealing today. Perhaps he would catch a trout or two. Or maybe a young salmon that hadn’t yet made its trek into the ocean. Sae wasn’t about to hold his breath for that, though. A trout, however—that seemed an achievable goal.

Having crossed the landbridge that joined Wheeling Gull Isle to the mainland, Sae had trekked a little way’s upriver to find a place where the water wasn’t running as quickly. He searched for an easy means to get into the water. A gentle slope, if he could manage it. As he searched the banks of the river, he began to sing. It was quiet at first, unconscious, but as he continued to walk the bank, his voice grew louder and clearer. The tune became livelier, the flow and energy of the river unconsciously influencing the speed of his tune.

... But if you calm
And let me pass
You may render me a wreck
When I come back
So calm your waves
And slow the churn
And you may have my precious bones on my return
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Though Eleuthera was loathe to admit it, Donovan had piqued her interest in fishing. Turns out, it wasn’t just crazed thrashing around when you knew what you were doing. Even after her first practice run, she still did not entirely know what she was doing — but she had been called a natural, and as such, her desire to practice her newfound skill grew exponentially.

The Hushed Willows had bodies of water, but nothing with fish that were currently worth catching — so Eleuthera left for a quick day trip out to the river with which she felt some sense of familiarity. It wasn’t far, but it was indeed a good jaunt, so Eleuthera ran as fast as her body would let her. Her feet barely hit the earth, so fast was her stride! The lilac fae woman raced across the hills and valleys and the face of the planet, feeling the good vibrations well up from deep within the strengthening and stretching of her muscles. By the time she had made it to the river near the coast, Eleuthera was panting hard to haul fresh breath into her heaving lungs, but the smile on her face clearly expressed the joy in it.

From there, she meandered through the wooded area, and as the treeline began to thin, the chiming sound of rushing waters grew. She picked her way to the eddy where she knew the silver sardine-like fish congregated, but he began to hear a noise that was distinctly not of nature. Was that… singing?

Eleuthera followed the sound of the low, lilting tune and eventually saw who produced it: a male with black fur, currently surveying the river’s edge. Eleuthera had no desire to be a silent observer to anyone who was unwilling, so the woman strode forward and made her presence known.
“Oh, please tell me there's more to this ballad!" she called out. At best, he might continue his song! At worst, they’d have a nice conversation. Who knew where this might take them?
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

11 Posts
Ooc — Zaely
Sae hadn’t noticed exactly how loud he had let his voice become. Had he realized that his voice was carrying so far, he would have stopped immediately. That was the consequence of getting lost in the melody, though. It was the consequence of getting lost in the song. If Sae didn’t want people to continue to creep up on him while he was singing, he would just have to give up singing. But music was a part of him and not something he could easily give up. Even if he consciously tried, songs had a tendency to creep through his lips when he wasn’t thinking, when he was focusing on something else.

Such as this instance, really.

However, when a voice from behind him called out in jubilant exclamation about his tune, rather than continuing, his mouth clamped shut. His ears fell back against his head in embarrassment. He could feel his cheeks warming beneath his black coat. He’d never received such praise as this. His feet shuffled uncomfortably against the damp bank of the river as he regarded the lilac female, who approached him.

There is, but I… He didn’t think he could continue it now.
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

It was a curious thing, that the swirling current of the river did not drown out his voice completely. Rather, it seemed to be its perfect accompaniment. The twists and turns of the bright, aqueous sounds danced with the inky man’s alto, coming together to create something that dazzled her ears and commanded her rapt attention. She had heard singing before, but she had never heard music.

Eleuthera couldn’t help but note how, almost immediately after she stepped forward to pass on her adulation, the man’s energy and voice seized up; it was almost visible as a prickle along his spine. Oh, shoot! She hadn’t meant to surprise him, but it was like waking up a sleepwalker: there was no gentle way of doing it. However, Eleuthera grimaced and kept her ears pressed tightly back as an act of silent deference towards the secret bard, but soon gave voice to her apology, as well.

“I wasn’t trying to hear," she explained, slowing her approach to a featherlight slink, and then nothing at all. “I couldn’t help but really enjoy it."

It was the truth, after all! She did not know this particular man’s story of why he was so reluctant to be heard singing, but it certainly wasn’t because he wasn’t talented.
“perhaps I trade you a tune?" the woman offered, hoping to turn this encounter into something lovely and positive. She was more desirous of friendship now than ever, seeing how close all the faeries of the court were. With a winsome smile and a perk of one downy, ashen ear she offered again.“Eye for an eye? Ear for an ear?" Eleuthera bit her lip, laughing internally — but perhaps such a laugh shone outwardly through her eyes, which sparkled good-naturedly.

sorry about the fast reply! how annoying of me, haha
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands