Redsand Canyon oeuf.
194 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He's snappy with his response, playing at humour, but she doesn't find much of what he says to be amusing. She's mindful of the distance between them and doesn't like when he gets closer but she won't let herself tense, merely keeps her eye on him, and slants her ears back at the term of endearment as it passes his lips. Darling. Does it make him feel powerful to be dismissive? Not worth asking aloud.

Stryx does not want to be affiliated with someone that has such a low regard for life, especially because of her training and the whole, do no harm part of all that. It isn't the same for him. Whatever trauma he was forced to endure does not excuse his present behaviour (if there even was any; that brings up more esoteric questions of nature versus nurture, and she knows she's starting to go down the rabbit hole of her own thoughts at this point).

It is good to know she is still welcome, but there is nothing of great value within this dry, desolate place. Maybe you could even come over for dinner sometime. He remarks, and she is not sure if that is an invitation or a threat - but really what is the difference? Perhaps these wolves had darker proclivities than even she could imagine.

I don't eat where I work, Stryx comments. But if you need a physician I can be summoned. I appreciate that our deal holds true. Although it is frustrating to hear that all of her work will be for nothing, considering how eager he is to shed blood by his own admission. She cannot refuse him the help even if she wants to - those damnable vows were tricky business.

Alas, she has no reason to probe the territory further, and does not feel inclined to test his patience, nor endure his candour. Likewise Stryx is a little bit nervous to turn her back on him; they might have an accord presently but what is to stop him from lashing out on a whim? She withdraws with a small nod of her head, and as she turns away to make a show of her prowling for herbs she says, If you need me, I will be nearby.
Messages In This Thread
oeuf. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 15, 2020, 07:56 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 15, 2020, 08:03 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 16, 2020, 11:29 AM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 16, 2020, 01:55 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 16, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 16, 2020, 06:58 PM
RE: oeuf. - by Kynareth Deagon - July 17, 2020, 11:19 AM
RE: oeuf. - by Stryx - July 21, 2020, 04:14 PM