Wheeling Gull Isle Tell me how do people know what is hurt, what is love?
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Limit Two 
For @Huā - forward dated to 21/7/2020

She got there as quickly as she could - had slept very little to make sure her travels were swift. She was tired - especially as she padded through sand. Euughh. How she hated the stuff. It was course and rough and it got everywhere. How did the sea folk live like this? The sea water was no good for her fur, and the scent of salt that was but a mere accent to the mountain winds they got in their forest was the main course around here... It was too much of a good thing for sure.

But there was no time to complain. She was lucky to encounter a time of low tide, despite being a strong swimmer. In the distance she spotted the island, no doubt - it was at their coast she halted and lifted her chin to the sky. She let out a call for her friend and the leader of the sea folk, an urgent one.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
An urgent call pulling her away from her children again. Huā sighed- didn't I just take care of everything last week? What now? She climbed out of the den (which was growing quite cramped; she knew she would be moving the children to a larger space soon,) and made her way to the beach. There on the shore stood Lumiya, Huā greeted her with a respectful nod and ears flicked forward to listen- for if things were urgent, she doubted there was much time to waste.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The queen curtsied in greeting, but was quick to cut to the chase. Thank goodness you're home. She exclaimed first and foremost, her heart having sunk lower and lower with each passing second until the other's arrival. I'm afraid I come bearing bad news. She took a deep breath, knowing the story might get long. If she ever came to bring another message, she'd most likely rehearse it beforehand, but there hadn't been any time.

One of my top warriors has been attacked by one of the Saints we've driven away not too long ago. She's alright, thank goodness - but she figured out where they've settled. It's in the mountain range next to my forest. My suspicion is that they've settled in the canyon, practically next to the Empire. She told, worry intertwined with the soothing melody of her voice. I feel unsafe, and I don't think this was the deal... They were supposed to go far, but I can't take them on on my own.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
At her first exclamation Huā nodded, but as Lumi continued Huā's heart sunk, even though she knew it would inevitably come back to trouble. So the saints were in the mountains. Comfortably far from Yuèlóng, but not from her allies. When she saw Lumiya worry, her age became apparent- just a yearling girl who shouldn't be having to deal with such evils of the world. In that way, Huā saw herself in Lumiya- it was at her age that the manipulation leading up to her trafficking had begun. 

She pulled close, taking the moment as opportunity for a gentle touch of her muzzle to the girl's cheek, a comfort, momentary before she drew away. I will help you. Even if they are not risk to Yuèlóng any-more, our ally still too valuable. Do you have a plan for what will be done? I can also talk to Mal about this.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She wasn't so unstable yet that she'd end up crying in Hua's arms, but her exhaustion and worry were clear as day. She knew that becoming a leader meant hard work, discipline, vanquishing evil when it showed its dirty face - but she hadn't expected this. She was at the brink of war with this other forming pack, and all she had was a handful of allies, her own men and women, and a sense of duty and righteousness.

She was very glad that one of those allies was so nice to her - not that the others weren't. I know it's very soon after our first run-in with them, but I'd like to gather the packs around the area again in an attempt to drive them out. I understand though, if this is an unreasonable request, but I've got no where else to turn than to all of you. She explained in a softer voice.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
This is fine for me. It only seem right to help you all, since you help me. No, Huā did not have any personal problems with Donovan directly. She simply was unwilling to risk the safety of her home, and so she had done what was best as a leader- and now, she was indebted to these wolves who had helped her keep Yuèlóng safe. Regardless of what any of her own subordinates thought, Huā did these things with Yuèlóng's best interest- and now with the intention of paying back her allies. 

I do not know who will come, If I will go alone, or if a warrior want to go instead. But I can ask my members who is willing. She decided. No wolf would be forced into more conflict, not when there were so many children to be cared for. Removing the saints from Ravensblood had been her choice, and though it was for all of her pack, this was also her debt to repay. Even if not a warrior, she would play whatever part she could. I also can talk to Mal, if you did not speak to him already.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though Lumi wasn't someone who'd use her helping others in an attempt to make them in debt by her, she was glad that Hua at least thought she owed the court something. Had she expected anything less though? The mermaid seemed to be a woman of honor, and not helping her allies in their time of need felt like it would go against her very nature.

The fae shook her head. I came straight here when I found out - I do not know where to find them, but I can locate and warn the Empire when I leave here. She explained. She was also thinking of getting her old friend, Artyom, involved. The fae had promised to send word of her forming, and though they weren't yet, their existence was now being threatened by an evil that might spread to their lands as well.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
When Lumiya shared that their exact location was unsure, Huā nodded in a way that assured things would be fine; the empress knew the locations of each of their allies now- after all, the only pack she had not known of until coming across their borders was Kaistleoki. If Lumiya covered some, Huā would cover the rest, perhaps even rope in Moonspear when she got the chance- if Hydra was even willing. 

The empire- ah, good to have them still on our side. But, um, so, will it bother you, if Yuèlóng cannot offer warrior? Many of them are parents... I do not want Yuèlóng to become band of orphans... is message delivery enough? I can run tireless-ly, She offered shyly, ears flattening to her head. Lumiya probably wished to move on and explain more, but Huā was a worryworm, and did not want to make another enemy by not offering enough.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Lumiya was the furthest thing from selfish, and so the announcement that maybe no warriors would come from the merfolk did anything but anger her. She understood completely; spring had come and gone, and she knew it was then that many pixies were born. The court had not been so lucky, but the new spring would soon be upon them. Time stopped for no-one after all.

That's perfectly fine. Who knows, perhaps things will quiet down and we never hear from them again. She thought aloud hopefully.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
fading!

Lumiya was fine with it. Phew. She simply had to hope that the other leaders would understand too. Lumiya's hopes, she found a tad naive- criminals would always be criminals, and Huā didn't think Donovan learned his lesson, considering how he had victimized himself when called out on his bullshit. Still, she muttered, Let us hope so... but I doubt it, with their close-ness to the other pack. She frowned slightly, but still, was made more confident with the knowledge that the saints were severely outnumbered, even if they somehow found an ally. After a little more discussion, Lumiya exited, and Huā was left alone with her heavy thoughts.