The Sunspire redeye reprisal
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
for @Jace
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

After a period of rest and healing, she had begun to resurface on the regular to make her presence known among the mountain's slopes. Steadily, she integrated herself back into duty and activity. Patrol, hunting, and otherwise. Here and there she roved.

Her limp had healed up, no longer hindering her step and the wounds on her neck were mostly better. Only the one that had gotten nasty on the very back of her nape was still worth thinking about. The rest, better. She was almost back to a whole normal -- although not yet full strength.

She moved quietly from the cover of a forested stretch of mountain towards the Oasis, idly wondering if she may encounter others along the way. It had been a while since she had seen several faces around here, although it was mostly of her own fault. Aleera was all she had seen much of, for obvious reasons, so Amekaze wondered how they all fared. She guessed others had been keeping busy. Ferdie was probably occupied with the puppies (still something she was inexplicably uneasy about), Jace was likely around doing what needed done, and others like Fang, Summer, Vienna, and Kipling just to name a few, she could not say.

She lowered her muzzle for a drink once she reached the water's edge, then peered skyward to contemplate the cloudy skies. It was a day like many others.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Being broken himself, Jace had been healing and away from the keen eye of all in the pack. He had not realized that Amekaze had been scarce, staying mostly near the willow tree and when not there the hot springs. He was still lacking on the hunting front, but at least he was patrolling again.

Jace still limped, and he imagined he would for some time, if not forever. He had really messed up his chest. He blamed Scimitar to an extent, but he was the one who put himself in that situation, so he was needed to accept those consequences. His strength still wanted at the best of times, but he was moving doggedly forward, working hard to make amends for the small break he had forced upon his comrades.

Jace had patrolled already and now he made his own way towards the oasis. Looking forward to a cool drink of water, and perhaps a nice nap. However, it was not to be, as he approached and came upon Amekaze already there. A smile graced his maw at the sight of the femme, he considered her a friend and chuffed gently, he would be pleased to see her as a beta or an alpha, she would deserve that title given that she had done so well for so long and had stuck by them. Ame hello. he spoke softly, he didn’t wish to startle her, he saw the wound at the nape of her neck and sighed, the small squirmish at the borders and after had not done their pack well.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Once her thirst was adequately quenched, her ears swiveled to the sound of an approach -- one offset by a limp. She turned to see him, the familiar sight of Jace, and took a quick second to study his gait as he finished his arrival. While glad to see him, as indicated by a soft swish of her tail, she was not pleased to see him limping still. His Swiftcurrent encounters had ended unfavorably for his body as well, with his much worse than her own.

She turned from the water and closed the distance between them to bump her muzzle against the underside of his, all while rumbling a low greeting in exchange. Her tail still waved slowly against her legs. How have you been? she quipped as she stepped back to look him up and down again, trying not to look too scrutinizing as she did -- although she was thinking of the Creek wolf that had wounded him: the burly, proud Scimitar she had never got to know any better than that.

Hers and Jace's paths had not crossed much lately due to a menagerie of things, and if memory served, she had last seen him at various pack gatherings where her attention had largely been elsewhere. One on on time between them had not been had in quite a time.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace saw her ears swivel towards him and he smiled, happy to see her. She studied his gait, as he was becoming accustomed to from most of the wolves around him. However, he was almost back to full strength so the limp wouldn't keep him from protecting those he needed too.

He took her greeting with a chuckle. He sighed and looked down at his chest deciding how to word his answer. He lifted his head and caught her eye to give her a smile, but didn't stare at her eyes, not wanting to make her uncomfortable as far as he was concerned they were near about equals. Well Ame I've been better, but I've also been worse so I'll say okay. I've been okay. She went to studying him again, probably trying to see where the injury stemmed from, because there were no outward appearance of a wound. It still hurts a little bit, whatever I did really messed with all the insides of my chest and leg. Ferdie said tendons. he tasted the foreign word on his tongue unsure if he knew what that was, but knew it was something on the inside.

Jace's path had not crossed with much of anyone lately.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

His answer, one that was not overwhelmingly positive nor outright negative, earned a low rumble. Better than worse off, I would suppose, she responded. Hm. Scimitar bit into you better than I thought.. Do you think it just needs more time? she asked, although doubted he could provide a concrete answer. Tendon injuries were not something well-understood by her, and whether or not it would be permanent was just as unknown.

She bent her neck downwards briefly, fluffing her hackles aside so he may see the wound on her neck. I had found a silver Creek wolf on neutral turf, not one I knew by name. This was from him, but he received his own.. she smirked. She had been adequately reckless with him so any aches were of her own fault. The fever she had weathered for a few days had been the worst of it though. Although our crossing of teeth was less because of.. pack relations. Mostly just for the sake of it, she explained. Jace ought to understand if anyone would. She could confide truthfully in him. Sometimes, there just was that kind of need. While it had been Shadow's poor mood that had inspired it, the fight-hungry side of her had jumped at the opportunity.

Anyway, since he had mentioned Ferdie fleetingly, her thoughts had been drawn to him, and since Jace knew him better than most, she saw it fit to bring it up. Speaking of Ferdie, have you spent much time with him as of late? He seemed... distracted, last time. She furrowed her expression. Although.. perhaps that is not the right word. Much on his mind? I do not know. I assume the... pups are part of it, her tone had dropped as she spoke of them, and quietly, she wondered of Jace's thoughts and insight on the matter.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace shrugged I’m not sure what it needs. I had twisted it earlier that day when we had the small issue on the borders and then I guess fighting with him, made it worse. He really didn’t know what could fix it at this point other than rest. He had used the warm springs, the cold water, he had eaten herbs and he had wrapped it up. He wasn’t sure what else could be done other than to just let it heal on its own.

Jace leaned forward and sniffed at her wound, it looked painful, but at least it wasn’t festering. It looked as if it had been though, it was pink and raw. I think they will test their boundaries more than we. he grinned back. Glad that she had held her own, and that the wolf would not cross a sunspire wolf again without thinking twice. I can understand that, I do it myself. he didn’t know how many fights he picked some times, just to pick them. To work off the nervous energy that threatened to take him over.

Jace frowned No to be honest I haven’t. Since the pups came he has been…ah…scarce. I felt that it was right to allow her entry, and I still do, but now I question whether it was good for Ferdie. He wants a family so bad, he is willing to keep these children as his own and away from their real father. That could bring severe consequences on our heads. He also wants to find a mate, but he is looking too hard I think. Those things need to happen naturally. However, I believe as a leader he feels much more stress than we do to have that family appeal. Jace grew quiet unsure what else to say. Ame was most trusted after Ferdie, because she had been there since the beginning she deserved to know the truth of the matter.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her ears were angled back, dissatisfied for him that his wounds would not mend entirely despite his efforts. She "hmm-ed" softly, wishing she had advice to give or even any suggestions. Time was her best medicine and it seemed that he was forced into waiting to see if it would help at this point.

I agree, she then said with a bob of her head. They are so.. full of themselves, she grated with a small scoff. They had no reason to feel as they did, so she believed. It would not surprise me in the least for them to push the limits. I almost.. await it, she squinted. Their peace was tentative at best. With Fox gone, it probably had more longevity than before, but Amekaze wouldn't trust them and not for many, many moons.

She then listened, for Jace may not have seen all that much of Ferdie judging by his answer, but he did provide a deeper look into his scarcity. She too frowned. Hm, she breathed and contemplated. Their real father is nowhere around, correct? I know so little of it and frankly have kept my involvement minimal, thus why she knew next to nothing about Ferdie's intentions with them and otherwise. She didn't want to say outright that the whole thing made her uneasy, especially when it was unfounded as it was. If a father randomly showed up and caused trouble, that would justify her feelings some.

However she did not exactly know of Ferdie's troubles in a quest for a mate. Ame was not one to think too in-depth about mateship. If it happened, it happened. She was not overly fond of the title, though, for it seemed stuffy and full of boundaries and expectations. Which was not to say she was opposed, but she would not make for quite a traditionally stereotypical mate for anyone. It was a part of why she had chosen her self-imposed exile, over staying to eventually be relegated to raising a brood if peace in their homeland continued. Without war there, her place became more questionable. But you are right. It does need to happen naturally. He is.. a little bit older than either of us, and as you say, Alpha. A part of it is only natural but if it is consuming him, it can be good for no one -- himself and the pack included. She shifted her weight. Yet I cannot say for sure. It is perhaps not my place. I even have a difficult time wrapping my head around taking in the pups as one's own. My altruism is not so great as his, but he is a far better father than an absent wolf, no doubt. I just do not want to see him suffer for it.. her ears slicked back. She cared far too much for Ferdie and did not want to see it come to that somehow.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was glad he had an understanding friend at least. One who knew how frustrating it was, to be unable to do what you usually did because of a wound. He nodded that they are, it is largely due to I believe that youth lead them. I maybe beta, but I would never accept an alpha position until I was at least 3 years old. You need little maturity behind you. Some days Jace thought he was untouchable, other days he felt as if anyone could break him down. He knew that was not a good leader, a leader had to be confident in their abilities, while being able to fully take care of and understand other wolves ideas, opinions and health. He could play second fiddle; he was okay with that, he didn’t have to be as responsible as an alpha.

Jace shrugged, She told us he just vanished was on a journey or something and never came home, so if he comes home later, it worries me. So Jace had no clue if the male was still running around in the forest or if he was truly gone for good. It made him exceptionally nervous; he just didn’t want to wage war if they could not. I have not had much to do with them either, though I should. It is probably not very good of me to ignore her and them when I am beta. he grew quiet, he hadn’t thought about it. Truth be told he was afraid he’d break them, pups were so little and fragile.

Jace nodded in agreement. It wasn’t that he minded that the puppies were there or even that Freddie was taking care of them. It was simply the fact that Ferdie was not the most emotionally healthy, and it worried him. He did not want to watch Ferdie consume himself with the children and then only to turn around and have them hurt him in the end. As for a mate, Jace just thought he was moving too fast, for the want of his own family.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

As always, she was pleased by Jace's thoughts that ran parallel her own in many ways. Mm, I agree. In my homeland, Alphas were old enough to breed at least. Even then, few of any real strength were younger than four.. She couldn't see the use in an Alpha any younger than breeding age, and once she had been a tad more open-minded to seeing what they could do, for youth did have surprising power.. but the examples set by others failed to impress her enough to change her mind.

She then couldn't help but frown. I see.. she rumbled and slicked back her ears in consideration. Then it could make trouble if he does appear out of nowhere. A part of me hopes he will not.. although the pups ought to know their father by blood. Maybe it is for the pack's best that they do not, though. Ferdie can give them what they need for a male role in their life, and our pack can fill in the rest, I suppose.. She shook her head softly, as undesirable as it was. Jace, too, had not been around them much evidently. I leave my catches near the den and that is all I have to do with them, mother and all.. They make me uneasy.. still went unspoken, although she shifted her weight as the thought occurred. Their mother especially, the stranger that she was to the Sunspire. Amekaze hoped that once her pups were old enough, she would prove her worth to make up for the sudden burden she had brought them.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Once upon a time Jace would not have second guessed anyone in leadership. However, fox had proved him wrong time and time again. So he had formulated the idea swiftly that some experience and maturity was a must when you wanted to lead. You also had to be a little bit less selfish.

Jace listened and agreed, he was okay with Ferdie raising the children as his own, he was. The thing that he found so unfortunate was the want to not tell them they were adopted. That could have crushing consequences later on in life. And if the father had a pack and showed up later to claim what was his, they could be out for blood.

He frowned i can't hunt right now. I must say I am unsure how i feel about them? I am confused. I am okay with it, but i also find it all rather...disconcerting to say the least. he didn't know how else to put it. He did not mind them, but they also made him wary. That would not mean that he would not protect them with his life, because he would. It was just nervous energy he clung to about it all.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She flicked an ear, mildly satisfied to know that Jace felt so similarly to her. He vocalized his uncertainty better than she did, though. Amekaze couldn't help but nod. I feel much the same, she breathed. Confused was one way to put it, while disconcerting fit alarmingly well. Maybe it will be better once I know them more, or we know their real father is not going to come for what is his, she sighed. She rolled her shoulders, unsure.

Mm, speaking of hunting, I should set out. I am heading towards the flatlands to see what I may encounter there, she said. Now that she was feeling better, she wanted to hunt and perhaps gather some herbs if she could encounter any. She felt she owed Aleera.

So after a nudge to his shoulder and a lick on his cheek, she took her leave.