Porcupine Ridge Runaway Slave
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Anyone is welcome. A new character here. In the first few posts she will be referred to as she or the runaway because her real name has not been used in a while.

She stood somewhere along the mountain. The wolf looked up at the remaining chunk of stone. She hadn't seen a mountain since her first home and it brought back faded memories of her mother. The girl wished she had eaten something before climbing the stone. She thought little about if she would ever settle, her thoughts were set on going away from her ex-slavemaster Coal and his wolves. The runaway had escaped him in the midst of chaos. She didn't know if Coal would come after her. Probably not. She was a new slave, not a year old, and not helpful at all compared to the older slaves. She treaded up the oversized rock, trying to find foot holds and ledges to step on.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

The idea of investigating hunting beyond the Sunspire was what lured her past the borders. It was an unknown scent upon the neutral turfs that gave her path more clear and precise purpose, and one that guided her upward onto the ridge. While not as confident on these rocky surfaces as she was on the Sunspire, her mountain-trained paws took to it easily.

Her muzzle was lifted and she drew in a deep breath, drinking in the mountain, the humidity, and the dash of the strange wolf she was tracking. Soon, her forward progress brought her within sight of the other -- a young, tawny-hued wolf.

Ame paused within eyesight to watch and listen just a stone's throw down from the stranger. She chuffed to announce herself, unsure if the juvenile may bolt or respond accordingly, so she waited to see.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
She looked at the wolf who had announced herself. "Hello." She said. She was unsure about what to do but stood there and looked down at the wolf. The runaway was not afraid, only a little confused about who this was. She had not seen a wolf in about three weeks, when she was still near Coal. And that wolf was one she had glimpsed somewhere across a long field. She hadn't been this close.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Ame's ears were drawn forward and her eyes zeroed on. The juvenile offered a hello, to which she nodded first. Greetings, was her reply. All of her posture spoke of a cool, confident, neutrality. She was no threat unless provoked, but she was plenty full of self-assurance. You do not smell of these lands, from what I can tell.. she intoned. The statement's implication was underlined subtly; this wolf was not from here, nor of any packs in the region. Are you passing through? Or did intention bring her to these wilds?

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"Passing through, I think. Gotta keep moving." She said. The girl stood for a moment, unsure what to say. The pebbles under her paws were sharp and painful, she moved her paws to spots clear of pebbles. She noticed the wolf's night-black fur, which the ex-slave thought was very pretty. She would've liked glossy black fur better than dry-grass tan.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Passing through, so she thought. Amekaze nodded slowly, although wondered why she said she must keep moving. Was she running from something? Or in a hurry to get somewhere? Ah. Well, be mindful of the claimed territories in the area. There are several, she warned. The youth did not give her any reason to think she would need such a telling, but just to be certain. Amekaze's own pack was among them and others were even less hospitable. I do not usually see those as young as you on their own, though. Do you travel with any others? Ame did not smell them, so doubted it. She was curious of her purpose, or plan, if she had one..

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"Thank you. I'll watch out for them. No group, just me. " She smiled but it wasn't a happy smile, it had some sadness. She missed her siblings. She would much rather have them traveling with her than travels alone. She wondered how the threesome were doing, and what Ma was doing. She hoped none of them were gone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She tilted her head subtly. So she was alone. Amekaze wondered of the survival success of a wolf so tiny and thin. Her eyes had also caught the scar, which she thought strange. She rarely saw wolves so young with etchings such as those. I see, she breathed in response, clearly contemplating how she wished to phrase her next words. Did you get separated from a group? Or have you always.. simply flown solo? She had only said that she needed to keep moving. Ame could not yet tell if there was a plan or purpose or any sort of reason behind this wolf being on her own. She sensed there was, because what youth would opt for a life away from family so young? But the girl was still entirely unknown to her.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"Seperated from a group..." She said and added quietly "[size=medium]sorta[/size]." She looked up again towards the black wolf. The wolf's scent drifted towards her, she smelled of some other wolves. It made Runt curious. "Are you in a group?" She asked, her mind set on filling her curiosity space with info.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The answer made sense and her ears tilted back after catching the tiny "sorta" tacked on at the end. Sorta? she asked back. She was not sure how one sorta became separated from a group, exactly. I am, she answered. Group, pack, extended family -- all the same. She liked her comrades on the Sunspire enough to think of them in that way. One from nearby. The mountain, she gestured to the tallest spire of the nearby peaks, wondering then why the little wolf had asked.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Is this from when Amekaze was still in the normal ranks? Or is she alpha in this thread?

She nodded at the wolf's answer. "What's your name? Do you like living in the mountains?" She asked. She hadn't met a new wolf in a while, although she knew many wolves recently. There had been slaves and regular ranked, and Coal, the alpha. He had been her slavemaster. She hated him. He had given her the long white scar that ran down her back and onto her haunches. She remembered how painful it had been...
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i was going with before her alpha status, like just before ferdie was officially misplaced

Ame. Yours? she answered and asked without missing a beat. She could spare to impart this piece of information in exchange for the youth's name, at the very least. Then, she drew a thoughtful breath. I do. I was born and raised on a mountainside. Assuming one as my current home has proven to be a wise choice, she smirked subtly; the Sunspire was good to her and while she did miss the close proximity of the sea that being a roving loner had given her, she had no complaints.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"I'm Runt! Nice to meet you." She said. She realized she hadn't said it in a while. "I used to live on the mountain too, until I moved." She said with a little smile. She had like living there. But the forest Coal had lived in was nice too. Except the forest hadn't had her siblings. She liked all three of them- Stone's strength and silence, Feather's calm and quiet personality, and Rye's clumsiness but fun playful spirit. She had liked hanging out with them.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She arched a brow. Runt was certainly a fitting name for a wolf of her stature and her tail switched gently. Ame nodded. Likewise, as was courtesy. I used to stay by the sea when I was a loner, but I do prefer mountains. I guess I always have. Did you leave yours for some reason? Or was it just whim that carried her away? She said she had moved, and was it just the move that brought her here? It was hard to say, for the youth was still largely unknown to her. Of course, Amekaze had harbored her own reasons for leaving her original mountain, some more founded than others, but she had yet to foresee a future in which she'd depart from the Sunspire permanently.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
Runt had never seen the sea. One of the other slaves said that once they had lived by the sea before they were captured. From the slave's stories of it it sounded wonderful. Water going as far as you can see! "Well, my mother told me I was getting a new home. So I went with them 'cause she said I had to." She said. Coal had been a smoky grayish wolf, which had fit his name well.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

The answer was so simple. A wolf this young had not had any other choice. That makes sense. What do you think you will do for your next home? Or do you instead think you will roam far alone? Amekaze doubted her mother was around to make the decisions for her any longer, and she could not yet infer if this youth intended to just.. float on the winds, or if she had any sort of end-goal in mind. Winter loomed perilously close and the dark Rikudou was loathe to think of a future full of peril in the months to come for the tawny girl, no matter how real the possibility.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"I don't know... I'll probably keep roaming." She had almost used the word running, as she was running from Coal. She didn't know if he had survived the fire but she wasn't going to wait and find out. She didn't want to be taken a slave again. Slavery had been horrible, and Coal would definitely give her some scars to remember for running away in the midst of the chaos.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Subtly, she nodded. The youth had chosen to roam, it seemed. Amekaze could not necessarily fault her for it nor would she ever attempt to sway her otherwise. She herself had stayed a loner through the winter last year, so understood the appeal. But if the tawny girl could carry her weight, the Sunspire may offer her something of a home. However, it did not seem to align with her plans at this time. Mm, well, good luck on your travels, she said with another nod. My mountain beckons me back. If you are ever nearby again, perhaps I could show you some of its appeal sometime, Amekaze added and flicked her tail thoughtfully. Of course, she would never reveal too much but this was a wolf hardly more than a pup. However, she knew it was a distinct possibility she may never see her again, so provided her one last long look before making her exit to jog back towards home.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
i'll archive it

She nodded. "Thank you. Good luck in your group too!" She called as the wolf trotted off. If she was here again, maybe she would want to see the mountain. That might be nice. It reminded her of her first home. Her first home that had been far better than the slave camp. She shuddered at the thought of the slave camp, and decided to instead turn her attention back towards the mountain. How nice.