The Sunspire past lives
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
for @Akita
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Dusk approached, and she breathed deep the humid air.

She traveled from the covered thicket of forest she fancied and headed north. Slowly the trees thinned and gave way to more open expanses. But with it came a deeper slope. Her progress was not as quick and nimble as it had been weeks before her tangles with Creek wolves, but she bore it and let her muscles burn. If she let a little ache drag her down, there would be no returning to her former strength. And frankly, this sort of soreness was almost welcome after weathering so much of the injured kind of hurt. She pinned her ears and sought a bit more speed.

The mountain's spire loomed well overhead and her practiced paws took to the curving trail. She had a particular outcropping in mind, one that faced the sea that was far enough above the treeline to make for an ideal view of the territory and beyond. The dark female felt compelled, and certain that it was there that she needed to be.

Steadily she drew nearer to her goal. Meanwhile, on the distant horizon over the sea, thunder rumbled as thunderheads gathered.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<b>Sparring:</b> Potentially.<br><b>Powerplaying:</b> PM First.<br><b>OOC Planning:</b> Potentially.
32 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Is she traveling UP-hill? I can't tell >.<

Akita was lost in her own little world, like always, traveling slowly down the mountainside with no particular purpose in mind. Overhead and faraway, thunder began to rumble, and she shivered in delight at the sound. She loved rain and thunder, listening to it boom overhead like the Gods had descended upon the Earth and were fighting a war above everyone's heads. It was gorgeous. Briefly, she thought of Jace and his love of the Earth after it rained. She felt the urge to speak with him again, and a faint smile graced her features as his bully, handsome form came to her mind. So she barely knew him. It was okay to crush on someone you didn't know, if they were handsome and nice enough. And he was those, indeed.

So lost in thought was she that she hardly noticed the black wolf approaching, until the female was but a few feet away. Momentarily she thought it was Jace, and perked up a bit more than usual, but then the scent of female wafted to her on the humid, thick air and she went back to normal -- which was, admittedly, quite insane. Feeling the need for company, she set her tail a-wag behind her and called out a soft-as-the-breeze greeting: "Hail, Goddess." All women, after all, were Goddesses. At least in her mind.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
yup! i'm probably overly vague abt things like that when i zone out and write at the same time, which i do a lot of lately >_>
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Onward she hiked, taking to the mountainous earth with eagerness. It had been too long since she had roamed this northward on their slopes. During the days then weeks following her tangles with Danica and then Shadow, she stuck to the middle stretches of mountain -- the oasis, the forest, the clearings dotted here and there. She had not frequented the borderlands, or the highest altitudes despite her fondness for the latter. It was well past time for her to reacquaint herself with those places... and she was starting here and now.

She wasn't far now, and it was then that she spotted another -- her pale fur made it easy against the backdrop of the mountain. Amekaze's approach continued, now keyed into the unfamiliar wolf and eager to find out more about the other who descended. She didn't know many here of light coats, so she was immediately on the hunt for answers. Jace's scent was also somewhat involved here so she was led to believe her to be a recent addition to the pack, and one of his doing no less. She guessed that Ferdie was wrapped up in the puppies and Jace was manning the borders at most times.

The greeting she received was warm. More so than she had anticipated. Amekaze paused and tilted her head. She switched her own tail subtly. Goddess? she questioned, doubting she had misheard it. I cannot say I have been met with a greeting such as that before, she then smirked.

You are headed down? she inquired, looking the female up and down quickly as she did. I have not seen you before. I am.. Ame. She glanced towards the rumbling horizon as she gave her name: rain itself, no less.. not that many were privy to this information. The very rain-scented winds shifted her furs and the storm's humidity was strong on her senses. But, she welcomed its arrival all the same.

<b>Sparring:</b> Potentially.<br><b>Powerplaying:</b> PM First.<br><b>OOC Planning:</b> Potentially.
32 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Don't mind Akita. She cray.

Akita was delighted to see that the black-furred female was making her way towards her. So here was another blessed by Night and Shadow, though her eyes were green. So, blessed by Earth, as well. A beautiful combination, and Akita had a feeling to flirt with this one, as well, for she had no qualms about what gender someone was.

"Indeed," she replied to the femme's questioning, "Goddess?" "All women are Goddesses, and all men are Gods. It is the way of the world... If you believe such things, that is, and I do." She paused as the other asked if she was headed down and then replied, "If you wouldn't mind some company, I'll travel up with you," and she drew closer to the wolf.

"I am Akita," she said. "One who has been blessed by the Moon and the Sun. My pelt speaks of moonlight and my eyes carry sunlight. You, on the other hand, carry the Night in your fur, and the Earth in your eyes. A beautiful combination, if I may say so. Quite gorgeous, you are." Akita couldn't help it. She was born to flirt, it seemed. She even went so far as to give the other a wink. And she didn't even bother to wonder if Ame "swung that way"...
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
*fluff her* SRY FOR THE RAMBLES I AM HEADACHE AND TIRED SO SPEW WORDS? D:

The answer she was met with came without hesitation of any kind. The pale female spoke with certainty and offered her explanation. Ame's head stayed tilted, and her curiosity remained well-founded here.

I see.. she breathed in thoughtful response. Never one to deny the beliefs of others, she supposed it was not all that far off from what she held dear to her heart. To her, divinity manifested in many different ways and forms -- in rivers, plants, beasts, places, and the celestial bodies themselves. This, naturally, included individuals such as herself and the white wolf. Individuals and sacred essences existed within the same world and shared a delicately interwoven complexity. So she believed, anyway.

She swept her muzzle in a slow nod. If you want to. There is a spot.. not too far from here. I intended to watch the storm roll in from there, her tail switched mischievously. Most hid from them, and would take this time to do the opposite. But she was not always the most conventional, so with that said, she moved forward again, ears still keened onto the female who she guessed would do the same.

She arced a brow, amused. It took her a quick second for her to make sense of it, that the blessing was in reference to hues of their shading -- the moon for her paleness, the sun for her eyes. Ame chuffed. An interesting way to phrase it, she said, still mulling over the words. She could spy her outcropping by now. But I do like it. I resonate the best with the night and the earth itself, after all.. she added. The earth and night were befitting her, beyond just her coloration.

Ah, truly? I can say you are not difficult on the eyes yourself. The look of the moon suits you well. Ame gave her a lingering sidelong look. She was smaller, daintier with a neater appearance about her. Ame was wild-furred and as she had said, of the night itself. Her healing injuries only gave her more of a roguish appearance and without her perpetual frown or troublesome, almost-ominous, smirk, she did have some redeeming physical qualities. But again, they were not always the most traditional, so having others (same sex or not) point them out was a prideful sort of thing.

32 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
"SRY FOR THE RAMBLES I AM HEADACHE AND TIRED SO SPEW WORDS? D:" This was the greatest sentence/question ever I am dying of laughter but I feel bad cos you have a headache. It was just the way you ended it all in a question mark that just made it so much funnier! And it's okay. Words are hard.

Akita's eyes lit up as Ame spoke of watching the incoming storm. "Ah, perfect!" she said, with a smile that lifted her entire body an inch higher than normal. "I love watching storms. If only Jace were with us. He loves them, as well, from what he's told me. Never understood why most wolves hide from them. There's nothin' wrong with getting a little wet."

They began the trek upwards, the fae-wolf not minding in the slightest that she had just walked down all that way and was now reversing all that work. She listened as Ame spoke of resonating most with the Night and the Earth, and smiled. "I resonate most with... everything," she said in response. "The wind, the day, the night, the trees, sun and moon. I don't have a particular setting I enjoy the most, though most of my Goddess worship is done during the full moon, so I suppose I resonate most with that..."

She dipped her head in thanks as the black wolf complimented her looks. "Thank you, Darling." She looked ahead at the trail and could see the outcropping Ame had been talking about. "Is that it?" she asked, excited at the prospect of being rained on and watching lightning arc across the sky. In anticipation, she began to move a bit faster, though she was aware that her companion had some wounds on her, and tried to keep her movements slower to accommodate.

Out of curiosity, she asked, "Have you had your wounds looked at by a Healer? I could look at you if you wish. Perhaps help in some way."

Got a bit rambly, myself. Sorry. Seriously, though, that comment was the best thing to happen to me all day and I can't stop laughing!
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
LMAO glad you enjoyed. see that's exactly what i mean my head is so fried i don't even care or know anymore. i dozed off for a while but idk if that helped me any. yet here i am anyway, manning a keyboard when i shouldn't be

Akita's spirits were light and she was quick to mention Jace. Amekaze's ears twitched. Mhm, it is too bad. I have not seen him trek so high lately.. not with his limp, she murmured. While she did not know of his fondness for storms before right here and now, it was all the more reason she was right to consider him a kindred spirit. Same here, but it is their loss. The rain does not bother me, and the.. electricity of the storm.. so unlike anything else, she rumbled contentedly. She was known to seek water anyway. Rain only made it easier to get her fur wet and it was best to enjoy it now before the seasonal chill made it too much to bear.

She listened on, especially interested in hearing how she resonated with a great many things. Amekaze took this to heart and would remember it well. Mm, not many can say the same. You have an admirable skill, then. Nature's energies are... all near to me, as well, but I do have my favorites, those closest to me.. she said, then nodded. It is, the dark Rikudou confirmed with ease with her eyes on the destination. She aimed to move a little faster, gritting her teeth against the burning soreness blossoming from her shoulder. I have, an aspiring one, at least. They were worse and they heal.. but if you want to see, you may, she was still going to be guarded about them but markedly less so now that she was not a fevered wreck. Only Aleera got the pleasure of dealing with that.. If it was to help others improve their skills and edge one step closer to an official standing as a pack's healer, she supposed she could tolerate it some. For the pack. Do you practice healing? she asked back, closing steady distance as a deep roll of thunder resounded.

32 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
As they finally reached the outcropping, Akita smiled brighter and brighter. She felt she had met someone who understood her here. Jace, for sure, accepted her, but Ame seemed to actually know what she was talking about. Nature's Energies, those kinds of things. Things that Akita knew much about, but no one else here seemed to. "I am glad you know of what I speak," she said to her acquaintance. "It makes me happy to know that there are others here who understand Nature's Mysteries."

She stopped walking now that they had reached their destination, and turned to look more closely at the wounds on Ame's shoulder and neck. They were healing, and weren't festering or open too much, which was good. She was likely past the infection stage. The only thing Akita could think to make the process faster was a poultice of some kind to dab onto the wounds. "Now that my healing den is set up," she said, "I can prepare a poultice for these wounds to make them heal a bit faster. If you don't mind."

She turned her attention outward then, awaiting the coming storm. She could feel the electricity in the air, the way it made her fur stand on end, and was excited further. It had been a while since she'd had the pleasure of experiencing a storm close-up.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

To her, consideration of nature's energies was second nature. Raised on it and taught to be keenly invested, she too was pleased to know someone else who just knew. After all, it was not always the most easy of things to explain to those who did not have the interest or awareness. To some it was probably downright bizarre. So the natural response was a soft nod and accompanying mhm.

She focused her sights on the storm as she felt Akita's eyes on her wounds. Meanwhile, her ears were tilted her way. She was decidedly pleased about more healers having found their way into their ranks. Ah, I see. Amekaze nodded again. If you wanted to. I am not used to a healer's attention, but faster healing.. would not be something to complain about, she smirked. Aleera was her first exception, one she had forced herself to accept. Amekaze was not a very big fan of being doctored. Despite the necessity. But at least it was letting her packmates exercise their skill to prove to her their knowledge, which she could always benefit from. What do you make it of? she asked next, only glancing to her company from the corner of her eye. She breathed deep the stormy atmosphere. I have wanted to know healing plant life better -- mostly so may help gather it, and understand what grows best where and when, for I am no medic myself. That and she feared that winter may come sooner rather than lately, so she must learn now before the majority of plants were forced into dormancy.

She exhaled a sigh and would listen to anything Akita would respond with. From there on, she let the conversation fade to comfortable silence beneath the stormy skies; yet, somehow, they spoke bounds even in their quietude.

The storm drew steadily closer and brought with it a good share of rain. Amekaze stayed for a while, that is, until the weight of the rain began to pick up. She edged towards the mountain's shelter, but still enjoyed breathing deep the electricity of the air. Only when it eventually passed did she descend the mountain and return to duty. Akita was free to join her for as much, or as little, of this as she so desired..