Haunted Wood Falling Too Fast to Prepare for This
104 Posts
Ooc —
Trade 

Nothing had changed, not that he fully expected things to. In the end, he was not a King and he could only try his best for his voice to be heard, for their God's voice to be heard. If Célnes wished to betray their ways, nothing would stop her...unless he committed treason of course. Though the male had pondered it a few times, the idea was always quickly thrown away. Removing Célnes or Cenric would serve him no benefit. Perhaps worming his way into a King's slot would work though he cared little about leading and that would mean sucking up after suck blatant refusal to accept their new laws. It would seem suspicious, no?

Yes, lucky Célnes that Calhoun was content as perhaps the pack's best hunter. He had few goals in life, most of which he had already met. As much as his blood boiled at the thought of their ways tossed aside, he found comfort knowing that Célnes would see soon enough how foolish she had been...or so he hoped. A sigh slipped past his lips as the hunter stormed through the forest. It did no good to hold onto these feelings, they wouldn't solve anything, Cal knew that, yet they plagued him so.
#B22222 , pawprint, Calhoun's Playlist 5/5* 6/10*, * = incomplete threads

Cal has family members up for adoption including his half brother!
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Cenric chose to avoid the wolves who lashed out at his sister. They could very well still be boiling—rightfully so—and he did not want to be scorched for Célnes’ decisions.

Alas, he could not dance around them forever. He was a King now, and a King must care for his subjects. Cenric set out to extinguish the fire his sister created.

It wasn’t difficult to find his cousin. His stomping could be heard across the forest. Mind your pace, Calhoun, he called when he was within earshot. Storming around won’t fix anything.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
As if the source of his concerns manifested, an all too familiar voice called from behind him drawing his steps to a halt. Cenric... He wasn't about to bite at his words, the hunter knew he was right, so instead he turned to see what he wanted. Why else make his presence known? Have you come to lecture me? Despite Célnes' word, Calhoun had done little to hide his distaste or scorn towards their newest...pledges. It was really only a matter of time until someone addressed him through action.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
You’ve been lectured enough, wouldn’t you say? He’d just sound like a broken record at this point, parroting the words of his sibling. That wouldn’t fix anything either.

I’m sure you need to clear your mind. Please, sit. I’m here to listen.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
Perhaps the High Elk was looking out for him now, for what followed was not the harsh critique he expected, but a free pass. The male raised a brow as he drew closer before doing as he was told. I do not understand. You are far more put together than your sister, yet you take her side? Perhaps he did not though...that look at the meeting. Calhoun was sure he had never seen his cousin surprised.

Maybe he simply kept a face of agreement to appear united, it was wise to some degree. You are not as quick to abandon our ways, do you think we are not capable of rebuilding on our own? That I am not capable. He wanted to speak those words, though he'd bite them back. There was no denying Calhoun's work ethic. He had taken the ritual despite already passing through life with his family's name. He was more than capable and all should know that.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Of course. As leaders we must be united. I wouldn’t go against her decisions unless they were completely obscene. A stress on completely. Perhaps he wasn’t as angry with Célnes’ decision as his cousin, but he wasn’t completely fine with it either. In a perfect world it would not be a necessity.

Nothing would bring me more joy than to say we are, but I cannot let family pride blind me. These are foreign lands to us, and we must adapt. Letting these outsiders in will make the process go smoothly. Once they are no use to us, we will rid of them.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
The hunter's nose wrinkled detesting the King's words. It's not that he disagreed, it was simply how he handled the information, For posterity purposes I understand, but you still have a say. She's your sister and you are still a King. Completely obscene or only slightly, Cenric still had the ability to counter Célnes' decisions. I am not blinded I simply see the full potential should we all pitch in properly. I can not make the unholy leave,

Though that would not stop him from trying to ward the cursed away, but they will never be my family. The High Elk will prove that. They shouldn't even be allowed to take the test, we know the results, but again for posterity by all means let them embarrass themselves. As long as they're gone in the end. He did not miss his cousin's wording. He said he would rid of them, Cal would hold him to that.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
If I found her decision completely absurd, trust me, I would’ve overruled it in a heartbeat. We have the potential, but we must take the proper steps first. The safest course of action is to let these... Oh, what to call them. Servants? No, that wouldn’t be polite. ...followers work for us.

They would never be family in his eyes, he could agree with that. They were tools to him and nothing more. But to claim them unholy in the eyes of their god so quickly was a bold statement. Outsiders would weasel their way into their old home and earn the family name. Who’s to say these wolves couldn’t do the same? Cenric wasn’t fond of the possibility, but he needed to be ready for anything. 

If they fail, I’ll see them out myself. Cenric paused before adding quietly, That or if they’re out of line. Whichever comes first.
closed for threads
104 Posts
Ooc —
feel free to archive after your next post!

The hunter huffed a short chuckle. Perhaps things would be alright in the end, after all Cenric hadn't fallen off his rocker like he originally feared. He truly deserved the title of King. If that is to be the case then you have my aid. How freeing it would be to rid their family of impurities himself. How his God would smile down on him. A sigh slid easily from his throat as Cal rolled his shoulders before turning, Very well, you've convinced me for now. If you have nothing else to address then I think it would be best if I turned back to my duties.

192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Of course. He nodded before standing up to leave. If you need me again, just call me. With that, Cenric made his exit.
closed for threads