Neverwinter Forest Blinded by the lights
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The truth was, Huā wholeheartedly agreed with Aiolos. No child ought to be traveling so far, much less on a mission- he could easily meet his relatives when he was older. But, Yes, he should have been told 'no'. If Huojin was my own son, I would restrain him. But he is Ruò's. Already I have overstep my place in her family, back then- I will not raise her son for her. His freedom, that is her decision, and if you assert yourself, maybe yours too. If it was easy as wrestling Huojin back to the island and glueing him there, she would. But interfering with Ruò, who was still learning to tolerate her, was a dangerous game. She was the leader, but Aiolos had a more personal authority- parent. If anyone could sway Ruò's choice for their son, it would be him. Hearing his more sensitive wonderings caused her ears to flatten to her skull, moving closer to sort of nudge him softly, encouraging. Of course, She soothed, Her relative will have her wanting to leave again in a instant. Huā tried to lighten the mood with that joke. Of course she actually really liked their home- but there were definitely some things that women could get away with easier here than there, one of those things being blunt and rude. Sure, Huā had made things tough in the beginning on her, and that had been a rocky time. But now she'd likely come to find Yuèlóng was a much freer place. Less pressure to marry and behave as a woman "should".
Messages In This Thread
Blinded by the lights - by Aiolos - September 03, 2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Huā - September 07, 2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Aiolos - September 08, 2020, 10:16 AM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Huā - September 17, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Aiolos - September 18, 2020, 03:49 PM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Huā - October 06, 2020, 02:24 AM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Aiolos - October 20, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Huā - October 25, 2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Aiolos - October 27, 2020, 03:51 PM
RE: Blinded by the lights - by Huā - November 03, 2020, 12:37 AM