Wheeling Gull Isle and forgot i had claws
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Praimfaya tells her she's seeking home, which is all good and dandy in her case. Renard: not so much. The addition that she planned to move against the Saints with a pack was interesting, but Huā had to frown slightly, speaking up: I want to help. But I am afraid we have so many children and not-warriors, that we will not have enough strength with only Yuèlóng... I think it would be best to create an army of warrior from several ally pack. Yup, they'd need more- luckily, Huā had made connections all across Great Bear Wilderness. Hydra, Ira, Lumiya, Mal- she was sure each of them would have at least one warrior to contribute. Frankly, she could see that number becoming quite large. The saints seem to put their names on a list everywhere they went. 

Though Praimfaya's dedicaction to her friend was admirable, it did very little for Huā. Besides the fact that the word she perceived as crew reminded her of pirates all over again- the promise that Renard was part of Pri's little clique meant nothing. If they wanted respect here they would have to earn it, because they hadn't done a stellar job making themselves look great up to this point. It was kinda like committing a crime in front of a CEO and asking to work at his company a week later. Good luck pal. 

It was a good thing Renard didn't try to just fly with that- if they stayed silent they would've been sent packing. Here was their chance to prove their intentions now. The first part of his statement was obvious; Huā nearly wanted to exclaim I know, I was there. Impatient woman. The next part had her ears perked though. She'd looked and looked for her guardian-in-training, but at that time the rain wiped away scents so quickly that trails were gone too fast to pursue. So Hide's capture had been knowledge to this fellow, but something they hadn't agreed with. Huā wanted to wonder why Renard hadn't just freed him then, considering how utterly cruel it was to take advantage of the boy's disability and hold him captive. But Huāzhēn was not so naive as to imagine it was that simple. She didn't know Donovan as well as Renard did- and still assumed he was the type who might headhunt them for disobedience. Still, it was irritating to hear Renard had sort of just let it all happen. It was hard to say whether she would've been more or less angry hearing they participated in the attack- points for honesty, deductions for cruelty. Either way, the point was that she had very mixed feelings about this fool that came to her borders. 

And yet she knew that despite how idiotic it was to come here on their part, Huā would be the fool today. She didn't like this Renard. But she trusted Praimfaya, and liked the idea of being able to work with her closely. They had similar goals. 

Better if any visitors to the saints come in strength, or not at all. That part sounded ominous. She didn't like it one bit. Renard practically still sounded like a saint, and though this explained the story of Hide well, it still wasn't a valid excuse for attacking the totally innocent Mal. So because Donovan let Hide go... you thought attacking Mal would... somehow...stop people from coming near the saints, or...? Nice and open-ended. Huā didn't like riddles, and she didn't want this guy telling her a million of them. Another question, too- How much you care about rank here? Praimfaya might not like being ranked higher than Renard, but the question wasn't for her. It wasn't that they had no chance to rise- but Huā saw little reason to put Renard higher than a servant for now, and see if they could behave well enough to prove themselves worthy of something higher. And well, if they expected a higher rank to start with after attacking Yuèlóng's allies in the first place... then their expectations of the world's mercy were far too high.
Messages In This Thread
and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 02:57 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - September 15, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - September 16, 2020, 12:31 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - September 16, 2020, 09:23 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - October 02, 2020, 03:07 AM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - October 02, 2020, 10:32 AM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - October 03, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - October 17, 2020, 05:09 PM