Wheeling Gull Isle i wish i was in sherbrooke now
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
It was no secret that Huā preferred the edge of the island that faced the land. While the sight of the open sea was beautiful, the lower edge of the island was where most joiners were found lingering, or guests, and it allowed quick access to her friends on the mainland. But every so often she did patrol the whole thing- after all, it was all her land, their land. There was no reason not to use all of it, and so that day Huā paced to the quieter edge of shore where one looked out and could only see blue. She told herself she'd turn back once she made it to Ruò's old rock, but she never did- the empress found something much more intriguing first. First her eye found the fishing net- and then the dark lump, who was gently pushed by the tides, and unmoving on its own. She scampered over, and it was only then that she realized she was looking at a body, and sucked in a sharp gasp. She didn't know if he was alive, but he didn't reek of death yet, at least- and so she hastily grabbed at his salt-washed scruff, trying to drag him further up the shore in spite of her smaller size, and telling herself she'd check his pulse once he was out of the splash zone on dry ground.
Messages In This Thread
i wish i was in sherbrooke now - by Dubloon - January 17, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: i wish i was in sherbrooke now - by Huā - January 17, 2021, 04:07 PM
RE: i wish i was in sherbrooke now - by Dubloon - January 17, 2021, 09:23 PM
RE: i wish i was in sherbrooke now - by Huā - January 18, 2021, 04:27 PM
RE: i wish i was in sherbrooke now - by Dubloon - January 18, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: i wish i was in sherbrooke now - by Huā - January 31, 2021, 10:40 AM