Broken Antler Fen I hear the wicked get no rest.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
In thinking of her brother, Ibis' face breaks out in to a wide smile. For all the weight of her losses she looks suddenly pleasant again, like her old self. He was—is, a sweet-heart. She catches herself in time but the pang of the slip stings all the same.

He is bigger than your father, like a bear! His coat was always darker than mine, closer to your — your sister's. A twist of the gut. She swallows that down too.

We did everything together. One day when I was a little older than you are now, I wanted to leave the Willows where our mother lived. Our father lived nearby but not with us, and it gave me a chance to explore. It was the first time we were separated... And it was hard. Why was she telling it like this? Why was she not focusing on something brighter, like his booming laugh, or the way Okeanos' smile could always bring one to life on her own face?

The story had a path all its own.

I spent a lot of time... alone; singing to myself, decorating things with flowers that I'd collect. He came to visit one day and I was so happy to see him again. Okeanos asked me if I would go adventuring with him. As Ibis mentioned this she grew quiet, reflecting on her past experiences. It struck her suddenly that she couldn't remember the actual conversation — or at what time they had left together, or what their father had to say.

It didn't matter. The pause broke with Ibis leaning in to her daughter and trying to hold her close. Ibis breathes her in, and cannot help but think that something is missing. It wasn't right — that Lilitu be here without Arielle.

One day she'll come back, Lil. You can go on an adventure together, like nothing happened. It is hard for Ibis to stop  her voice from breaking as she says this, but her resulting silence speaks volumes.
Messages In This Thread
I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 05, 2021, 07:26 PM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Lilitu - February 10, 2021, 11:50 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 17, 2021, 11:04 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Lilitu - February 18, 2021, 11:15 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 18, 2021, 09:08 PM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Lilitu - February 23, 2021, 11:27 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 27, 2021, 02:08 PM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Lilitu - March 04, 2021, 01:45 PM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 19, 2021, 09:56 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Lilitu - March 19, 2021, 11:25 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 19, 2021, 11:31 AM
RE: I hear the wicked get no rest. - by Lilitu - April 11, 2021, 08:35 AM