Hideaway Strath how strange to seek such strangeness
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The waif allowed a grateful smile to curve her rose-blushed lips as her gaze found him over the pale peak of a shoulder. She paused in her departure, dipping her head slowly in understanding. "An' ye vill alvays 'ave me zere as an ally an' follower. As a friend," she replied in a gentle, somber vow. She had never seen the monster in him; he had saved her from the real monsters -- her monster -- once. For that, the brindled warlord would always have her devotion. She'd heard the rumors, of course. But those days seemed to be behind her brutish fiend of a friend. Sure, Kyn was scandalous and roguish in his own regard but he had always been good to the halfling. 

Perhaps this was for the best, she considered as she left the Grandmaster behind -- wandering slowly towards the borders for a patrol, longing for the silence and solitude. She did not know what was to become of her relationship with Vein just yet, but she was not so sure the shaman would accept the concept of sharing the sighthound with their Lord. It was clear that Simmik was the one who truly held Donovan's heart and some romantic part of her hated to intervene on such love.. And she was likely to get her heart broken. Maybe in the long run it would have only proved to taint her devotion to them with jealousy -- something the druids would have shamed her for. 

Ifs and maybes and perhaps. Mayhaps as a mechanism against any emotional pain their conversation might've caused, her mind fell quiet like birds silencing before a storm. Her heart grew still in her chest, almost numb, as she resolutely trekked to the borderlands to sweep the territory for threats. She would survive, as always -- as promised.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - February 14, 2021, 09:27 AM
RE: how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - February 15, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - February 17, 2021, 08:20 PM
RE: how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - February 23, 2021, 12:42 PM
RE: how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - February 26, 2021, 01:20 AM
RE: how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - March 29, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: how strange to seek such strangeness - by Necahual - April 09, 2021, 10:23 AM