Hideaway Strath freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
I'm actually honestly unsure how various midwivery tactics would apply to lupines but I'm basing this off of my own experience with my midwife team so pls disregard any inaccuracies or lack of medical terms. XD

"Of course," the acolyte murmured needlessly. She would have suggested the other healer lay down and make herself comfortable but Arlette had already beaten her to the punch, stretching out with her exposed belly turned towards the midwife who only nodded absently -- subconciously letting the albino know that the position was correct. "Usually I just start feeling vith my snout or ye might try lightly pressing vith yer paws," Aerin explained before reaching out and placing a small paw on the mother's abdomen. 

She took care not to press too hard as she moved her digits to different spots along Arlette's stomach, exerting a small amount of pressure as she massaged lightly. "I think it might be too early to feel much but everything seems fine. At this stage, ye vill mainly be feeling fer firmness, ze roundness of ze mother's belly. Later, I vill be able to each of ze puppies an' ve might even feel them move." Here, she smiled warmly at the scarred wolfess, knowing that such a prospect was always heart-warming for her patients. It was always exciting to find out just how many tiny lumps were camped out in your womb -- even if the count wasn't always accurate due to circumstances.

"If there is any pain vhen ye examine an expecting mother then there may be something vrong. Or if later on in ze pregnancy, 'er stomach does nae seem to 'ave grown properly or ze puppies do nae move in response to ze pressing an' examination," the Saluki added, recalling how the Caregiver had expressed a desire to learn how to examine other pregnant she-wolves. 

"But as fer ye, Arlette, everything seems to be fine," her tail wagged again as she moved to help the expecting mother sit back up if needed. "Keep an eye out fer anything concerning: spotting, cramping, an' any extreme nausea. Some is to be expected but if'n ye find that ye can't keep any food down fer more than 'alf a day, come see me." There was no guarantee that Aerin could do anything about it, or stop an impending miscarriage, but at the very least if something did go wrong, perhaps the halfling could make Arlette comfortable and do her best to help. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion - by Necahual - March 03, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: freshly disowned in some frozen devotion - by Necahual - March 16, 2021, 10:59 AM