Broken Antler Fen Thistle of Lorraine
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
There was sorrow so deeply rooted inside of Ibis that she thought she would never recover. It choked at her heart, sometimes. A net of depressing weeds snaring her heart, threatening to crack through the rest of her like nature through concrete. Having a support network such as the corvum would be of great use to her now - but she missed her husband, she missed having someone close to confide in, to find comfort with. Wraen could be many things for her; aunt, confidante, adviser, friend... But Ibis would need someone, eventually. Even if everyone, inevitably, left.

She was lost for a few minutes in her thoughts. That tumult beneath her calm surface. As an answer to the question Ibis sighed, giving a puny shrug at first, before really thinking and then explaining, I have found a small den. It's pretty secluded from everyone - I haven't even shown Lilitu where it is. She'd barely spoken to her surviving daughter since discovering her condition; did that make her a bad mother? And I guess when the time is right, I can find a place to show off the children. Somewhere for them to play.

Already the fen seemed like a safe place to raise children. Compared to the Empire, or the Witch's Marsh, or even the Emberwood; it was wet here most days but bright and open, with enough forest to lend cover where needed, and many bodies to spare in case of danger. I'm more worried... I don't know, just, worried. Overall. About everything. Nervous that something is going to go wrong for the sake of it.

She'd lost her husband and one daughter already, so why not more? Why not all of it? Some days it felt like she was destined for such a fate.
Messages In This Thread
Thistle of Lorraine - by Wraen - April 07, 2021, 01:42 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 07, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Wraen - April 10, 2021, 03:19 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 13, 2021, 12:10 AM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Wraen - April 15, 2021, 02:58 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 25, 2021, 12:18 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Wraen - April 25, 2021, 01:29 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 27, 2021, 03:20 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Wraen - April 28, 2021, 03:20 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 29, 2021, 03:33 PM
RE: Thistle of Lorraine - by Wraen - May 02, 2021, 03:52 PM