Moonspear Can I follow you? Cause my mom told me to follow my dreams
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
Zane was gone by the time the intruder came to the spine, off on the job given to him by Duchess, and he'd finally made it to Moonspear's base. He eyed the slope dubiously, then stopped to sniff around a bit. No recent scents. That was that, yeah?

Shit, he was going to have to climb the damn thing, wasn't he?

Wasn't like @Kukutux would know any better, but he'd feel like shit lying to her. She'd seemed off, and something about this place bugged her. Least he could do was go up a ways and poke around. No sweat. Wasn't like a part of it just came randomly crashing down not too long ago.

Zane swallowed thickly, then started to circle the mountain for an easier path up. If he could find a nice wide stretch to walk that'd be way fuckin better, because he wasn't about to hop his way up like some demented goat with a death wish. No siree. As soon as he found a spot worth walkin he'd begin his climb.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Mountains sucked. And so did mountain climbing. What kind of "Zane" (sane) wolf would think it would be a cool idea to establish a pack close to a mountain? At least some (in)Zane (sane) wolves did because their faint scents still lingered here in the area.

And you know what sucked even more? Climbing higher and higher because it became more steep and dangerous. Besides that, breathing started to get heavy as his condition could be slightly much better. Every step along the way Dragonfly felt like he was dying a little more.

A little bit higher his honey-brown eyes spotted another wolf. Ah, at least he wasn't the only one trying his luck -- or rather -- be at wit's end. "Hey, you ..there --.." Dragonfly said with a pause to huff and to puff. "Why are you climbing so high? I mean that's ..in..sane..right?"

Luckily for Dragonfly, he met Zane. Who was, in fact, quite sane.

Get it?
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
revived this! It got swept - if you want to close this up ASAP since it's so old I would be cool with that <3

Balls of steel, dude. Balls of steel.

He couldn't see the wolf who was calling up to him because he refused to look down. He thought he played it off magnificently, but Dragonfly would likely pick up on it pretty quick when Zane spoke to him while facing almost entirely the wrong direction.

Look, if he kept his head up, he could almost pretend he was ground level. Almost.

Fortunately living first on Legion's mountain claim, then on Moonglow's, had gotten him used to the climbs physically. He wasn't moving all that quickly but he was doin pretty well.

I'm supposed to see if anyone's claimed the damn place. You aren't staking it, are you? Zane's tone was especially hopeful on that second part. If you are, just... lie and say no anyway. Alright? Plausible deniability. If this dude lied then he'd have no reason to push (or be pushed) off the damn death trap they were both on.