Blacktail Deer Plateau i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner
96 Posts
Ooc — m
she relaxed even more as she felt father's protection wash over her, in shadow and in the tightening of his embrace. he had found her, after all, and he was big enough to cross that river... but for now, he did not leap into a search, and as much as vesper missed her littermates, she was also selfishly glad he remained here to comfort her. especially as another adult exploded into their midst, showering the dark stranger— phox— with affection, no acknowledgement of the rest of them.

this sudden turn of events did nothing to break the growing tension. vesper dipped her head up to nose father's underside, an effort to comfort him in turn, for she could hear the booming of his heartbeat above her. not the steady, calming sound she had grown accustomed to— now, it was more akin to the thundering hooves of a stampede. vesper was mature for her age, sure, but there was still so much she didn't understand.

her mother's announcement, for example, landed upon vesper's large ears with no impact. the child furrowed her brows, knowing most of the words, but not understanding their meaning when strung together like that. her eyes lifted to look at mother and she whined softly, again seeking reassurance, but maegi would not acknowledge her.

she loosed a frustrated growl-yawn from beneath her father, resting her head upon her paws once more, watching and listening to the exchanges between the adults, struggling to grasp what was happening.
vesper is experiencing their first heat until march 28, 2023.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i told you i didn't want to go to this dinner - by Vesper - June 24, 2021, 05:18 PM