Nimbus Summit Adventurers
15 Posts
Ooc — The System
Ash is looking for Atautsikut members. Also @Eloise, I hope it's okay I posted this here and not the glade! Please allow Eloise to post first <3

Ashlyn had led him and Eloise south, and eventually they came upon pack scent. Backing away from the borders of a large mountain, the large male turned his tawny gaze to his companion, and he asked, "I think a pack might be here. I... wouldn't mind meeting a pack." He grinned toothily, tail wagging softly behind him. It was spring now, but there was still snow. A pack could have many benefits... though, looking to Eloise, he wasn't sure he was ready to part with her, if she wanted to keep exploring.
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Although the entire point of a patrol was to discover strangers in the borderlands, it always surprised Veteran when he actually came upon one. Or two, in this case. 

"There is a pack here," Veteran responded, emerging from around a bend in the path. "We're called Atautsikut. This is our mountain." His crystalline gaze darted between the pair. His posture was guarded, but not unfriendly. He didn't know these people, but his mother would have his hide if he were rude to any of the locals.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuuluuwaq happened to be on patrol as well. He had picked up Veteran's scent and meant to track it down and see if he would like to patrol together. His plans were put on hold, though, when he caught the scent of strangers. He was instantly on high alert. Their claim here was still new, and he worried about the safety of the pack always. 

He arrived to find Lane's son already speaking with the pair of strangers. Tuulu came to stand at his side. He said nothing yet. He would wait for a response to Veteran's possessive words. He said basically what the Tatkret would have said, albeit a little more gruff.
15 Posts
Ooc — The System
@Eloise not sure if you were still interested in this? ^^; and let me know if the assumption needs to be changed <3

They had company sooner than expected, sooner even than his companion could respond. Slightly perturbed, the northman backed away further. "Our apologies, we didn't intend to come so close to your border." He looked uncertainly to Eloise. "I suppose we must've been upwind?" Another had approached them, but there was no hostility. He cleared his throat, then offered a gentle wave of his tail, telling them, "I'm Ashlyn - this is my travelling partner, Eloise. Er... what could you tell us about your pack?"

Mental Health (100/100)

190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
The pair seemed appropriately abashed by their intrusion, which earned a small measure of Veteran's approval. The male spoke for them, offering a friendly wag of his tail and a gentle inquiry. Veteran thought this might be an opportunity to recruit, which was probably going to be more in Tuuluuwaq's wheelhouse, given his recent promotion to beta. 

Veteran returned the friendly tail-wag, but did not speak again. He looked to Tuuluuwaq to answer Ashlyn.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
The strangers seemed harmless so far, and Veteran didn't seem too bothered; the young man even gave a friendly wag of his tail to the pair. 

The man apologized for their proximity to their claim and then introduced himself as Ashlyn, His partner was named Eliose. Tuulu nodded respectfully at them both. 

Veteran looked to him to answer the man's question, though the beta though Lane's son could have done just as good of a job, if not better. 

We are a peaceful pack of scouts and hunters. Family is most important to us and everyone in the pack is considered to be family. He gave a small smile to each stranger. Are you two looking for a home? the Tatkret asked. They always welcomed like-minded wolves, and Ashlyn and Eloise seemed like they might fit in well.
15 Posts
Ooc — The System
Fading Eloise out as she's fallen inactive <3

The males before them were amicable enough now, and Ashlyn listened happily as the older of the two told them about Atautsikut. "Scouts and hunters," he repeated, giving Eloise a sidelong glance. He looked to the older male, offering, "We've been exploring - I don't think we were planning on looking for a pack..." He and Eloise shared another look, and Ash nodded, knowing that his newfound friend would likely continue to explore. "I might be interested, however."

Ash had been a part of a pack at one point, but that had just been his natal family. The idea of more company was nice. He posed a question then, asking, "Could I stay a while, and make up my mind later? It's just, I've not been with a pack in some time." He wanted to make sure they would be a good fit for each other before just agreeing.

Mental Health (100/100)

190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Veteran wondered what Tuuluuwaq would decide. He felt certain that his mother would have welcomed the new recruit warmly. Lane had even made up a whole rank that was just for wolves like Ashlyn, who weren't completely sold on pack life. Tuuluuwaq had held the Iota rank himself for a time, if Veteran remembered correctly. 

Was Ashlyn a scout or a hunter then? Or maybe a guardian, like Veteran and Tuuluuwaq? It was a shame his lady friend didn't want to stay, but maybe she would remain in the area. Mom was pretty keen on Atautsikut being on friendly terms with the locals.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
The woman took her leave, apparently not as interested in Atatsikut as her friend seemed to be. No matter, the invitation would remain open for her should she choose to return. 

Ashlyn was interested but wanted to spend some time with the pack before making his stay permanent. Tuulu could definitely understand that. As a loner, you always had to be cautious of others. 

Of course, he said with a nod. You can take all the time you need to decide. The Tatkret didn't know how long the man had been on his own, and it might take some time for him to trust that their home was a safe space. I am Tuuluwaq, one of the beta's of Atautsikut. Lane is the other beta, and my brother Issorartuyok is the Alpha. He looked to Lane's son then. This is Veteran, one of our guardians.

I can show you around now and help you get settled in, if you would like. He would wait for an answer before turning to head from the borders. 

figured we could wrap up here?
15 Posts
Ooc — The System
yes please, ty both for the thread! <3

What reservations he had left him as Tuuluuwaq agreed to giving him a trial period. He could test the waters, and if he found himself wanting more, or seeking adventure, then he would leave. "I would like that very much, thank you," Ash said with another grin. As he began to follow Tuuluuwaq, he also began to ponder what he might want to pursue in order to benefit Atautsikut, should he choose to stay. Ash had always been fond of exploring, but what good would he be to the pack if he was always gone? He supposed it would take a lot more thinking, and definitely discussion, but that was all for later. For now, he was ready to get settled in.

Mental Health (100/100)

190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Ashlyn's place with the pack was settled, and Tuuluuwaq volunteered to show him around.

"I'm gonna go back to my patrol," he noted, dismissing himself.  "Oh, um.. welcome to the pack, Ashlyn." He gave his most welcoming smile-- his mother would have been very proud-- and then turned away to take his leave. 

Even though Ashlyn seemed to think well of her, Veteran still felt the need to make sure Eloise had moved off. You never could be to careful. He disappeared in the direction that Eloise had taken, nose hovering over the ground as he tracked her path away from the mountain.